f



Image display problem in MATLAB

Hi,

I am trying to display a satellite image using MATLAB. I used imshow
and imagesc. Both returned a washed out version of my original
image. I have no trouble displaying any other image in MATLAB. And
I have no trouble displaying my satellite image in Visual Basic. Any
ideas?

Thank you,
Elaine
0
emonbure1 (3)
1/7/2007 4:13:24 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211264 articles. 26 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

3 Replies
1047 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

try

imshow(I, [ ]);  % suppose that your image variable is I

if it works, it means the dynamic range of your image is no longer
within [0.0 1.0].  Usually, if you read your image using imread() and
imshow() right after, you should not get any problem. Unless, you do
some processing on that image and are not aware of its dynamic range,
you might get this problem.

Surapong Lertrattanapanich

On Jan 6, 8:13 pm, "Elaine Monbureau" <emonb...@NOSPAMemail.unc.edu>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to display a satellite image using MATLAB. I used imshow
> and imagesc. Both returned a washed out version of my original
> image. I have no trouble displaying any other image in MATLAB. And
> I have no trouble displaying my satellite image in Visual Basic. Any
> ideas?
> 
> Thank you,
> Elaine

0
boheman (57)
1/7/2007 5:42:16 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, using imshow(I,[]); does
not work. The image is not mine, originally, so I do not know of any
image processing that was done.

Also, I had used imread() then imshow(). I am not sure what to do.
It's a weird problem.

Thank you,
Elaine

surapong wrote:
>
>
> try
>
> imshow(I, [ ]); % suppose that your image variable is I
>
> if it works, it means the dynamic range of your image is no longer
> within [0.0 1.0]. Usually, if you read your image using imread()
> and
> imshow() right after, you should not get any problem. Unless, you
> do
> some processing on that image and are not aware of its dynamic
> range,
> you might get this problem.
>
> Surapong Lertrattanapanich
>
> On Jan 6, 8:13 pm, "Elaine Monbureau"
> <emonb...@NOSPAMemail.unc.edu>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to display a satellite image using MATLAB. I used
> imshow
>> and imagesc. Both returned a washed out version of my original
>> image. I have no trouble displaying any other image in MATLAB.
> And
>> I have no trouble displaying my satellite image in Visual
Basic.
> Any
>> ideas?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Elaine
>
>
0
emonbure1 (3)
1/7/2007 4:22:47 PM
Hi,

I do not know if you were referring to this, Surapong
Lertrattanapanich, but my image is an indexed color image, not an RGB
image. I did not realize this. I had saved it as different file
types, but that did not matter, of course. The following code seems
to fix the problem (I am obviously new to image processing, and this
may be helpful to other MATLAB users also new to image processing):

[I,Imap] = imread('filename');
imshow(I,Imap);

Elaine

Elaine Monbureau wrote:
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, using imshow(I,[]);
> does
> not work. The image is not mine, originally, so I do not know of
> any
> image processing that was done.
>
> Also, I had used imread() then imshow(). I am not sure what to do.
>
> It's a weird problem.
>
> Thank you,
> Elaine
>
> surapong wrote:
>>
>>
>> try
>>
>> imshow(I, [ ]); % suppose that your image variable is I
>>
>> if it works, it means the dynamic range of your image is no
> longer
>> within [0.0 1.0]. Usually, if you read your image using
imread()
>> and
>> imshow() right after, you should not get any problem. Unless,
you
>> do
>> some processing on that image and are not aware of its dynamic
>> range,
>> you might get this problem.
>>
>> Surapong Lertrattanapanich
>>
>> On Jan 6, 8:13 pm, "Elaine Monbureau"
>> <emonb...@NOSPAMemail.unc.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to display a satellite image using MATLAB. I
used
>> imshow
>>> and imagesc. Both returned a washed out version of my
> original
>>> image. I have no trouble displaying any other image in
> MATLAB.
>> And
>>> I have no trouble displaying my satellite image in Visual
> Basic.
>> Any
>>> ideas?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Elaine
>>
>>
0
emonbure1 (3)
1/7/2007 5:00:50 PM
Reply: