MATLAB Assignment

I have a problem with my matlab assignment.
This is the question.

1. Using your knowledge of vector operations determine the unit normal vector at each pixel in fig. 1. Visualise the unit normal vectors onto fig. 1 to form a pin-cushion image  (fig. 4).

2. Using your knowledge of vectors, calculate the intensity of light as a percentage of the intensity of the light rays at each pixel in fig. 1. Visualise this as a shading model (fig. 5).

Please help me with this 2 problems. Thank You.

"mardziah shameem" wrote in message <jp708h$ncg$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I have a problem with my matlab assignment.
> This is the question.
>
> 1. Using your knowledge of vector operations determine the unit normal vector at each pixel in fig. 1. Visualise the unit normal vectors onto fig. 1 to form a pin-cushion image  (fig. 4).
>
> 2. Using your knowledge of vectors, calculate the intensity of light as a percentage of the intensity of the light rays at each pixel in fig. 1. Visualise this as a shading model (fig. 5).
>
> Please help me with this 2 problems. Thank You.

We are not supposed to do your homework... We can help with (specific) matlab questions though... So try it and then come and ask when you have a particular problem.
0
sponsstimo (177)

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

[...]

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

Matlab #95
hi i want to multiple two series of number a=[10,11,15,18,19,20,22,74,69,52] b=[10^1,10^2,10^3,10^4,10^5,10^6,10^7,10^8] so that example; 10 should multiple be each number in column B 10,100,1000,10000,100000.... How can i write a code for that? On 5/23/2012 12:59 AM, Roh wrote: > hi > i want to multiple two series of number > a=[10,11,15,18,19,20,22,74,69,52] > b=[10^1,10^2,10^3,10^4,10^5,10^6,10^7,10^8] > so that > example; 10 should multiple be each number in column B > 10,100,1000,10000,100000.... > How can i write a code for that? a'*b For example, a=[10 11 15] and b=[10 100] gives 100 1000 110 1100 150 1500 --Nasser ...

HMM with matlab
Hello, I have a training text, each word has a category and a semantic annotation, where the category of the word refers the observation, and semantic annotation of the word refers the state. I used this text to train HMM and so I have calculated the transition matrix as well as the emission matrix. Now I want to applicate HMM on a test text in order to know states (semantic annotation). I want to know which function allows me to generate the appropriate states sequence to the new sequence of observation (category) from the test text. Thank you ...

MATLAB clones?
For those of us not blessed with free access to Matlab based upon job or Alma Mater, what is a good choice in the clones? www.scilab.org is given as a good one, but I cannot get to it from here in the evenings, for some reason (although tracert get to it in 35 msecs) "Airy R. Bean" wrote: > > For those of us not blessed with free access to Matlab based > upon job or Alma Mater, what is a good choice in the clones? > > www.scilab.org is given as a good one, but I cannot get to it > from here in the evenings, for some reason (although tracert > get to it in 35 msecs) I never tried scilab, but use Octave (on Linux): http://www.octave.org/ regularly. There are win32 versions available. Erik -- +-----------------------------------------------------------+ Erik de Castro Lopo nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid) +-----------------------------------------------------------+ Reporter: "What do you think of Western Civilisation?" M.K. Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea." In your experience, does it have the signal processing capability to simulate/calculate the various MATLAB exercises that one is likely to come across? Do you use it for DSP work? "Erik de Castro Lopo" <nospam@mega-nerd.com> wrote in message news:4048E9B5.C66BB031@mega-nerd.com... > "Airy R. Bean" wrote: > > For those of us not blessed with free access to Matlab based > > upon job or Alma Mater, ...

matlab s_function
how can I use S-function in matlab. need help. thanks. ercan wrote: > > > how can I use S-function in matlab. > need help. thanks. If you want to learn to using S-function you have to: - read online docs Simulink: Writing S-Function - see all the examples into matlab dirs good work matteo ...

matlab forum
Hi, I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? Best Greetings Nina On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:25:14 +0000 (UTC), nvalkanova@hotmail.com (Nina) wrote: >Hi, > >I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? > >Best Greetings >Nina I daresay this (CSSM) is it. You've come to the right place. Denis. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:07:27 GMT, Denis Gilbert <nospam@thank.you> wrote: >On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:25:14 +0000 (UTC), nvalkanova@hotmail.com >(Nina) wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? There is one dedicated to matlab/Neural Network ToolBox at: http://www.makhfi.com .... >> >>Best Greetings >>Nina > >I daresay this (CSSM) is it. You've come to the right place. > >Denis. Denis Gilbert <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message <raivpvkqnhe8usep458ffped7rsjr26b8r@4ax.com>... > On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:25:14 +0000 (UTC), nvalkanova@hotmail.com > (Nina) wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? > > > >Best Greetings > >Nina > > I daresay this (CSSM) is it. You've come to the right place. > > Denis. > ...

i +=, *=, /= equivalent for MATLAB
Does anyone know if MATLAB has a short cut for simple arithmetic operations like: x = x + 1; x = x * 3; I was thinking along the lines of the Java with either: x++; or the more general: x += 1; Thanks. "Scheffc Scheffler" <scheffc@msn.com> wrote in message <h0bmip$khv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Does anyone know if MATLAB has a short cut for simple arithmetic operations like: > x = x + 1; > x = x * 3; > > I was thinking along the lines of the Java with either: > x++; > > or the more general: > x += 1; No. MATLAB does not have equivalents to these. James Tursa "Scheffc Scheffler" <scheffc@msn.com> wrote in message <h0bmip$khv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Does anyone know if MATLAB has a short cut for simple arithmetic operations like: > x = x + 1; > x = x * 3; > > I was thinking along the lines of the Java with either: > x++; > > or the more general: > x += 1; > > Thanks. ----------------------------------------------------- At the bottom of this post is a classdef file that allows you to get a cheap knock-off of this using a user-defined class with overloaded subsasgn. Here are some examples of usage. >> x=FancyNumeric(5) %construct the object x = 5 >> x.p=1 %imitates x+=1 x = 6 >> x.m=2 %imitates x-=2 x = 4 >> x.t=3 %imitates x*=3 x = 12 Unfortunately, I cannot get something equivalent to x-- or x...

matlab file
i need to know how we calculate euclideandistance of a bitstream/codeword based on the channel gain of that particular codeword/bitstream subchannel ...

OpenCL and MATLAB
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if OpenCL can be easily interfaced with MATLAB. I've been programming CUDA code which i've interfaced with MATLAB via the MEX interface, which, despite having some frustrations with the MEX interface, has been extremely productive, as i can examine results so easily in MATLAB. My research group is now planning a project to produce some GPU computing suites and are opting for OpenCL due to it's vendor-agnostic nature and also it's interoperability between GPUs and multi-core CPU machines. What i would like to know is if OpenCL code can be interfaced with MATLAB via the MEX interface successfully, i havent found anything which suggests either way and i don't yet know anything about OpenCL. Your comments will be greatly appreciated Many thanks Matt HI Matt, I saw your postings on using Matlab with CUDA on a Mac. Do you have a more detailed documentation on how to do this? Your posting is a little sketchy for me - I'm not a power unix user and could use a little more details. Thanks for your help. Martin.Lo@jpl.nasa.gov "Matthew " <matthew.rowe.09@ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message <i40v17$mvn$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi > > I was wondering if anyone knew if OpenCL can be easily interfaced > with MATLAB. > > I've been programming CUDA code which i've interfaced with MATLAB > via the MEX interface, which, despite having some frustra...

Audiorecorder in Matlab.....
Hi, I tried to record an audio signal by speaking into a microphone using the audiorecorder object in Matlab 6.5. But the output was absolutely illegible,and was noisy. I tried the same thing with Microsoft Sound recorder and the signal was clear. Do I need to do some conditioning before using the audiorecorder object's output???? in article 1105882512.577622.179600@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, P L U M ! at karthik.ravikanti@gmail.com wrote on 01/16/2005 08:35: > I tried to record an audio signal by speaking into a microphone using > the audiorecorder object in Matlab 6.5. > But the output was absolutely illegible,and was noisy. > I tried the same thing with Microsoft Sound recorder and the signal was > clear. > Do I need to do some conditioning before using the audiorecorder > object's output???? dunno MATLAB v 6.5, but you should be able to open your recorded .wav files with MATLAB, but that might be an additional inconvenient step. -- r b-j rbj@audioimagination.com "Imagination is more important than knowledge." yeah, i could open the recorded wav file using wavread().....but cant I record a clear audio signal directly into Matlab? P L U M ! wrote: > Hi, > I tried to record an audio signal by speaking into a microphone using > the audiorecorder object in Matlab 6.5. > But the output was absolutely illegible,and was noisy. > I tried the same thing with Microsoft Sound recorder and the signa...

MATLAB legends
Hi, All. I'm trying to make a plot in MATLAB that has both a traditional plot and a stem plot. I'm having problems generating the legend, however. Here's what I'm doing. hold off; figure(1); plot(x,y,'r-'); hold on; figure(1); stem(x,y,'b'); legend('line plot','stem plot'); hold off; The problem is that the legend doesn't have the correct markings (color actually). I think this may be a problem with version 7.0 but not prior versions. Any MATLAB 7.0 people out there have the same problem? Any work-arounds would be appreciated (e.g., what properties of the legend control the marking style and color?). Thanks, Matt -- Remove Xs from address to reply via e-mail. In article <QrOdnchfdPN83UbcRVn-qw@comcast.com>, "Matt Roos" <XXmatt.roos@verizon.net> wrote: > Hi, All. I'm trying to make a plot in MATLAB that has both a traditional > plot and a stem plot. I'm having problems generating the legend, however. > Here's what I'm doing. > > hold off; > figure(1); plot(x,y,'r-'); > hold on; > figure(1); stem(x,y,'b'); > legend('line plot','stem plot'); > hold off; > > The problem is that the legend doesn't have the correct markings (color > actually). I think this may be a problem with version 7.0 but not prior > versions. Any MATLAB 7.0 people out there have the same problem? Any > work-...

Web resources about - MATLAB Assignment - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Assignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HootSuite Rolls Out HootSuite Assignments Google Chrome Extension
Social-media-management platform HootSuite announced the release of HootSuite Assignments , a browser extension for Google Chrome that enables ...

FNC Assignment Desk (@foxnewsdesk)
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here FNC Assignment Desk @ foxnewsdesk ...

TeacherKit - Class Organizer, Teacher Planner, Gradebook, Assignment List, Attendance and Student 's ...
Get TeacherKit - Class Organizer, Teacher Planner, Gradebook, Assignment List, Attendance and Student 's Grade Tracker on the App Store. See ...

Assignments
106/365 As you can see, I have a lot to work on this weekend. All of my assignments are due on Monday, so time to get crackin'. Oh, and when ...

I Could Do That - The Art Assignment - PBS Digital Studios - YouTube
So you look at a work of art and think to yourself, I could have done that. And maybe you really could have, but the issue here is more complex ...

Animal of the Day: Mittens the Hermaphroditic Cat to Get Gender Assignment Surgery
Meanwhile in Canada… A cat born with both male and female genitalia in Newfoundland is about to go under the knife. Mittens was found in the ...

School assignments go high-tech
How much do you help your kids with their school projects? How much do you help your kids with their school projects? Remember when the pinnacle ...

Students enlist MyMaster website to write essays, assignments
Students from almost every university in NSW are paying up to $1000 to have their essays written by a Sydney-based company, undermining the academic ...

Snow Sky confirms spring assignment as England stayer enters quarantine - DailyTelegraph Search Search ...
ONE of the leading fancies for the Melbourne Cup, top English stayer Snow Sky has been confirmed as heading to our shores after entering quarantine ...