MATLAB code and Binary Image database

I would like to inform you that I need a MATLAB source code to recognize different regular geometric shapes
such as: squares,rectangles,triangles,circles and ellipses in different sizes using neural network.
All of the images containing these shapes should be in binary format with the size of 300*400 pixels.
Would you please give me a MATLAB code to detect these geometric shapes?
Furthermore, I need a binary image database for 2D geometric shapes.
Would you please, give me a link to download such a database?

"Mohi" <mohi_rad2009@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I would like to inform you that I need a MATLAB source code to recognize
>different regular geometric shapes
> such as: squares,rectangles,triangles,circles and ellipses in different
> sizes using neural network.
> All of the images containing these shapes should be in binary format with
> the size of 300*400 pixels.
> Would you please give me a MATLAB code to detect these geometric shapes?
> Furthermore, I need a binary image database for 2D geometric shapes.
> Would you please, give me a link to download such a database?

Sorry, I don't know of such a function or such a database.  I guess you'll
just have to create your own function and database.  If you encounter
problems while creating your function, show the group what you've done and
ask a SPECIFIC question about where you're stuck and you may receive some
help.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
6/28/2010 2:45:24 AM
On Jun 25, 4:39=A0pm, Mohi <mohi_rad2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to inform you that I need a MATLAB source code to recognize =
different regular geometric shapes
> such as: squares,rectangles,triangles,circles and ellipses in different s=
izes using neural network.
> All of the images containing these shapes should be in binary format with=
 the size of 300*400 pixels.
> Would you please give me a MATLAB code to detect these geometric shapes?
> Furthermore, I need a binary image database for 2D geometric shapes.
> Would you please, give me a link to download such a database?

You might take a look at my image segmentation demo, and adapt it to
look at the ratio of perimeter squared to area to detect different
shapes.
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/25157

In a matter of a few minutes with Photoshop or something similar, you
can create several test images.  Or you can take a look at this old
link for a list of some image databases:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cil/v-images.html
0
imageanalyst (7621)

MATLAB code and Binary Image database #2
I would like to inform you that I need a MATLAB source code to recognize different regular geometric shapes such as: squares,rectangles,triangles,circles and ellipses in different sizes using neural network. All of the images containing these shapes should be in binary format with the size of 300*400 pixels. Would you please give me a MATLAB code to detect these geometric shapes? Furthermore, I need a binary image database for 2D geometric shapes. Would you please, give me a link to download such a database? ...

Do you need a database of images for testing your MATLAB object-tracking code?
Quite often people in this newsgroup post questions about tracking objects (people, cars, cells, etc.) in video using MATLAB or SIMULINK. Sometimes they are looking for test images to test their code with. I ran across this, in case anyone is interested. Use the contact info at the end if you're interested (don't contact me). > Subject: ANN: large overhead camera person tracking dataset > > > ANN: large overhead camera person tracking dataset > > We have been contructing a video dataset of detected people walking > through the atrium of a building, where the data comes from an overhead camera. > Because of the data volume, we are not recording the video images, but > are doing target detection on the images and save the detection records. > The records include a bounding box and a colour histogram for each > detected target. Because of lighting, camera jitter and stationary > objects, there are detections of non-people, too. After detection, we > also have applied our person tracker, recording the trajectories as > both lists of detections and splines. > > By July 19, 2010, there were 29 million target detections, of which an > estimated 8.3 million were real targets, resulting in 96K observed > trajectories. And we're still acquiring data! > > You might find it interesting to use the data. It's at: > http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/FORUMTRACKING/ > > The data was acquired in the Inf...

Save JPEG images in SQL as binary BLOB data from MATLAB without using DATABASE toolbox

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos_max(end) = pos_max(end) + pos - 1; if m > major_th major_peak_value(end+1) = m; else minor_peak_value(end+1) = m; end % exit the peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) < minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; % Find the beginning of the next peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) > minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; end pos_max(2) = []; plot(u); hold on; plot(pos_max,u(pos_max),'ro'); %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% I think i don't need this plot command as I will see the result in the scope directly. Any suggestion will be very useful. Thanking you! Prashant "Prashant Sandhi" wrote in message <jafvj8$soq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simu...

code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009
I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks "moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there > then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working > > If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in 2009a but worked in 2007a? It would be helpful if you could narrow down what is not working in 2009a and provide error messages. Wayne ok thanks wyne i will send error message after some hours ...

MATLAB CODE FOR IMAGE PROCESSING
mail me if u need the following matlab code content based Image reterival MATLAB CODE IRIS RECOGNITION MATLAB CODE FACE RECOGNITION MATLAB CODE IMAGE SGMENTATION MATLAB CODE IMAGE FUSION MATLAB CODE video compression MATLAB CODE 3D spiht image compression MATLAB CODE embedded zero wavelet video coder MATLAB CODE STEGANOGRAPHY MATLAB CODE WATERMARKING MATLAB CODE This code is free of cost and not for sale. Regards jeevarajan.M.K jeevarajan wrote: > > > mail me if u need the following matlab code > > content based Image reterival MATLAB CODE > IRIS RECOGNITION MATLAB CODE > FACE RECOGNITION MATLAB CODE > IMAGE SGMENTATION MATLAB CODE > IMAGE FUSION MATLAB CODE > video compression MATLAB CODE > 3D spiht image compression MATLAB CODE > embedded zero wavelet video coder MATLAB CODE > STEGANOGRAPHY MATLAB CODE > WATERMARKING MATLAB CODE > This code is free of cost and not for sale. > > Regards > jeevarajan.M.K If your code is really "free of cost and not for sale," then why not post at link to your code at the MATLAB Link Exchange at MATLAB Central? The only reason why you might not do so, is that your code is really not free and your posting here is spam. Duane "Duane Hanselman" <masteringmatlab@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ef1799d.0 @webx.raydaftYaTP: > The only reason why you might not do so, is that your code is really > not free and your posting here is spam. > > Duane > Now, ...

Image Forest Transform Matlab Code
Anyone have Image Forest Transform Matlab Code ? ...

how to extract huffman coding from images in matlab
i am doing a project of steganalysis by neural networks ,please can any one help me to tell that how can i extract huffman code from images in matlab . i want only real numbers representation of huffman code from images ,so that i give it to neural network for processing,,,,i shall be very thankful if any body could help me. ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

Trellis code in matlab code
Hi All Do you have some matlab code for the STTC which will give me some Idea. Any helping material or URL regarding the same will kindly be sent to me. I shall be very thankful to you for this act. Regards Kelecha ...

matlab code for turbo code
please someone send me matlab code for turbo code...............on my email id wizynt.94@gmail.com ...

matlab codes for rcpc coding
i am doing project on 60GHz application. and i want matlab codes to generate coding-decoding for rcpc channel coding... pls provide codes for rcpc.. tahnks ...

request for the code in matlab for image compression of gif pic
hiii i am urgently in need of the code of image compression using matlab. so i kindly request you to help me with the code in matlab for image compression of gif pic. please reply as soon as possible.to my mail id richasrivastava.69@gmail.com ...

matlab code for image compression using wavelet transform
Hi, I am in need of matlab code for image compression using discrete wavelet transform.Please send it to my mail if anyone have it. my mail: uday.yelisetti@gmail.com ...

matlab code for fuzzy k means image segmentation
i need a matlab code for fuzzy k means image segmentation.i do kmeans,fcm by using built in code in matlab. ...

i need MATLAB code for crack segementation in grayscale images...
hi all, I am working on Detection & Classification of SURFACE defects in ceramic samples. Cracks constitute one of the defect type. Please give me the code for clearly segmenting out the cracks only from the grayscale images... Regards, Saurabh. > > I am also working on Detection & Classification of SURFACE defects in > > Cracks constitute one of the defect type. > > Please if you got the matlab cod send it to my email assakit1975@yahoo.com > Regards, >assakit. Did you ever get this code? if so can you send to b25walters@gmail.com assakit <assakit1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message <ef27321.0@webx.raydaftYaTP>... > > > > I am also working on Detection & Classification of SURFACE defects > in > > > Cracks constitute one of the defect type. > > > > Please if you got the matlab cod send it to my email > assakit1975@yahoo.com > > Regards, > >assakit. ...

MATLAB Coding to Verilog HDL Coding
Dear All, Hi, i am doing a project in which i have to convert MATLAB coding into Verilog HDL Coding or only HDL coding. I am familiar with the FPGA n also with the MATLAB but didn't have any idea about how to convert the coding. After searching for the respective topic i came to know that there is a simulink HDL coder in MATLAB which can do this task. The problem is that i don't have much information about Simulink HDL Coder. So please if anyone can tell me from where to start and can suggest any literature regarding this will be of great help to me. Thanks in Advance Regards Hamid On 09/02/11 03:06, hamid wrote: > Dear All, > > Hi, i am doing a project in which i have to convert MATLAB coding into > Verilog HDL Coding or only HDL coding. I am familiar with the FPGA n > also with the MATLAB but didn't have any idea about how to convert the > coding. After searching for the respective topic i came to know that > there is a simulink HDL coder in MATLAB which can do this task. The > problem is that i don't have much information about Simulink HDL Coder. > So please if anyone can tell me from where to start and can suggest any > literature regarding this will be of great help to me. A good place to start is the product page for Simulink HDL Coder: http://www.mathworks.com/products/slhdlcoder/?s_cid=HP_FP_SL_simhdl . You can use the 'ver' command to see if you have Simulink HDL Coder installed and available, if ...

converting matlab code to C code
when i tried to convert the matlab code into c code using matlab coder i got below mentioned error, I am using R2011b(7.13.0.534) my program uses image as an input parameter. ERROR: >> coder -build len.prj ??? This text contains non-empty top-level expressions. It appears to be a script. Error in ==> length_of_line Line: 1 Column: 1 Code generation failed: Open error report. CODE: I=imread('pic29rkey.jpg'); imshow(I);pause hold on [x,y] = ginput(2); line(x,y,'color','r','LineWidth',5); Ired_length = sqrt ((x(2)-x(1))^2 + (y(2)-y(1))^2); [x,y] = ginput(2); line(x,y,'color','g','LineWidth',5); lineLength = sqrt ((x(2)-x(1))^2 + (y(2)-y(1))^2); Igreen_length= lineLength/Ired_length*10; disp(Igreen_length); msgbox(sprintf('Length of the Key is %f cm',Igreen_length)); How to solve this issue? this is the first time i am using this code conversiuon tool thats why! Thanks in advance... "arunkumar " <arun.pk2k3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jnm1kd$pog$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > when i tried to convert the matlab code into c code using matlab coder i > got below mentioned error, I am using R2011b(7.13.0.534) my program uses > image as an input parameter. > > ERROR: >>> coder -build len.prj ??? This text contains non-empty top-level >>> expressions. It appears to be a script. Error in ==> length_of_line >>> Lin...

What does this matlab code do?
Hello, I have had the dubious distinction of inheriting tons of matlab code from a former student (and he is gone, of course) and am trying to figure out what it is doing. There is a particular code segment that has me stumped and I was wondering if someone can help me figure out what it actually does: So, I have an array P that holds the joint PDF for 2 random variables. So, the statement is: a = 1 - cumsum(P,1)./repmat(sum(P,1),[number_of_hist_bins 1]); number_of_hist_bins is the number of bins of the joint histogram in any given dimension. So, the 1-cumsum(P, 1) is somehow maybe the reliability/survival function. So if P is a joint PDF then summing along the dimensions would give the marginal PDFs and cumulative summing would give the CDF and 1-CDF is the survival function from what I could find on wikipedia. However, I have no idea what the division by repmat(sum(P,1), [number_of_hist_bins 1]) is doing... I have a feeling that this is some sort of marginalisation but I cannot convince myself. sum(P, 1) is the marginal PDF, so there is a normalisation of the CDF with the PDF going on but I cannot fathom to what end... I was wondering if anyone here has seen this sort of thing before and maybe it some standard definition that I might have missed. I would be really grateful if someone can help me figure it out... Many thanks, Anja "anja.ende@googlemail.com" <anja.ende@googlemail.com> wrote in message <7dc43dab-b...

matlab code for turbo code simulation
dear sir, i am praveen pursuing final sem B.E(E&c), so i doing turbo code simulation(with different interleavers) and takin signsl to noise ratio for different interleavers....please send me the matlab code am in need of that urgent...... thanking you.. ...

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

request for the code in matlab for image compression of gif pic #2
hiii i am urgently in need of the code of image compression using matlab. so i kindly request you to help me with the code in matlab for image compression of gif pic. please reply as soon as possible.to my mail id richasrivastava.69@gmail.com On 3/1/2012 4:51 AM, richa wrote: > hiii > i am urgently in need of the code of image compression using matlab. so i >kindly request you to help me with the code in matlab for image compression of gif pic. > > please reply as soon as possible.to my mail id > richasrivastava.69@gmail.com "A collection of simple routines for image compression using different techniques." http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/4772 ...

how to convert Matlab code to C code
Hi everyone, Can any one tell me how to convert matlab to c?? Regards. On 5/8/2012 4:36 PM, WMS wrote: > Hi everyone, > Can any one tell me how to convert matlab to c?? > > Regards. http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-coder/ "MATLAB Coder™ generates standalone C and C++ code from MATLAB code" ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Web resources about - MATLAB code and Binary Image database - comp.soft-sys.matlab

How The NFL Adds Mojo To Media With Database Marketing
The National Football League (NFL) customer database is about as diverse as it gets. Segments span season ticket holders, a millennial parent ...

To SQL or NoSQL? That’s the database question
It's a tangled, database web out there. (credit: Getty Images) Poke around the infrastructure of any startup website or mobile app these days, ...

2016 NFL mock draft database: Consensus for New York Giants? Not close
A look at our updated mock draft database doesn't do much to narrow down what the Giants might do with the 10th overall pick in the 2016 NFL ...

Larry Ellison shrugs off Amazon, Microsoft play for Oracle database business
... companies – Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) – both made it easier for Oracle's (NYSE: ORCL) customers to move their databases ...

Firefighters appeal lawsuit over prescription drug database
... authorities who the men claim falsely accused them of prescription drug fraud after a warrantless search of a state prescription drug database. ...

Mexico Trying To Launch Game-Changing DNA Database
One of Mexico's newest approaches to fighting cartels

Crate Raises $4M for New Container Database Technology
The founder of Docker Inc. invests in new technology that provides a very different and very distributed way to build a container database.