Matlab Toolboxes used

After code has been written, Is there a way to check which toolboxes have been used? I receive p-code to run on my system from academics who have access to all toolboxes. Thank-you

Using data acquisition toolbox of matlab
Hi, I am working on the project with DAQ toolbox of Matlab with NI USB x6336 device. However, I have few progress on it. My problem needs to use trigger, analog input and timer/counter input/ output. More specifically, I use a digital pin to output a 2MHz clock to an external device (counter); for every 100 ms, I will read analog data from the external device, for which I need to send a pulse on another digital pin as read signal (counter and trigger). I have been reading the introduction and related material on DAQ toolbox for couples of days. To get the trigger functionality, I need to use the legacy interface; however, to use the timer/counter, I need the session interface. I am not sure if there is any solution to this problem? Thanks! ...

INface toolbox problem using Matlab
This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still have errors which I cannot remove. After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my progress. Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. "Darras " <ronaldinho_darras9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jipjv7$s0q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I > still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still > have errors which I cannot remove. > > After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working > properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my > progress. > > Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. > Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. You're going to need to either contact the author of the toolbox for assistance: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26523 or provide a LOT more information about what exactly "is NOT working properly" means before anyone on the group would have enough knowledge to understand what's gone wrong and h...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

Can MATLAB optimization toolbox be used in C ??
Hi, I am currently using C-language to solve certain problem. One of the sub-parts of this problem involves large scale optimization. I wanted to know whether there is any way to use MATLAB optimization toolbox in C. Or, Is there any way to make a stand alone executable in MATLAB that can include that toolbox?? Thanks, Kumar Vishwajeet "kumar vishwajeet" <kwzeet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ja4j2u$if3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > I am currently using C-language to solve certain problem. One of the > sub-parts of this problem involves large scale optimization. I wanted to > know whether there is any way to use MATLAB optimization toolbox in C. Or, > Is there any way to make a stand alone executable in MATLAB that can > include that toolbox?? Take a look at the MATLAB Engine interface: http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/bp_kqh7.html and/or MATLAB Compiler: http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/compiler/ -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

matlab use
suggest me the online tutorial of MATLAB . On 2/27/2012 2:06 AM, azim kumar wrote: > suggest me the online tutorial of MATLAB . Best way to learn any language is to solve a simple problem you are familiar with. This way you know what the answer should be, and it is a matter of coding it to obtain the answer, and you'd have a goal to work for. Matlab itself has many on-line tutorials. Help->Online tutorials. --Nasser ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

Save JPEG images in SQL as binary BLOB data from MATLAB without using DATABASE toolbox

What code does matlab use for Matrix multiplication? Does it use Strassen?
I am getting unexpectedly fast results using matlab's matrix multiplication and I am wondering if it is doing something besides straight multiplication, such as using strassen's algorithm. I am benchmarking the matrix multiply at over 30 GigaFlops on my cpu, however, I am running only one thread (using -singleCompThread at startup), and my computer is 2.25 Ghz. Since I am doing single precision, SSE instructions allow 4 multiplies or adds per instruction, this allows 9 Gigaflops. Most computers can execute multiple instructions at once, however I know from my own tests, and consulting the intel manual: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/manual/64-ia-32-architectures-optimization-manual.pdf (table C-10 and C-10A) that my computer can do at most 2 floating point operations in one cycle. This puts the theoretical maximum bound at 18Gigaflops, yet MATLAB seems to give much higher performance. How can this be? Below is my code that I tested with sz=2.^(0:12) for s=1:numel(sz) A=rand(sz(s),sz(s),'single'); tic; A'*A; t=toc; fprintf('sz=%d, time=%3.3gms, GFlops=%3.3g\n', sz(s), t*1000, 2*size(A,1)^3/1e9/t) end OUTPUT sz=1, time=0.0457ms, GFlops=4.37e-005 sz=2, time=0.0199ms, GFlops=0.000803 sz=4, time=0.00634ms, GFlops=0.0202 sz=8, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.119 sz=16, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.952 sz=32, time=0.029ms, GFlops=2.26 sz=64, time=0.0503ms, GFlops=10.4 sz=128, time=0.268ms, GFlops=15.7 sz=25...

Environmental Modeling Using MatLab and Econometric Analysis Using Stata
This three month long course introduces the use of MatLab for Environmental Modeling and leads to develop advanced level comprehensive skills in both Environmental Modeling and use of MatLab. The course also introduces the basic and advanced Econometric Modeling in the area of Environmental Economics and using Stata. The course is aimed towards Environmental Economists, Environmental Practioners, Students and faculty to develop hands on Environmental Modeling, MatLab, Econometrics and Stata. There is dire need for such course in the realm of today=92s fast moving Technological era and development of new models and theories to understand, apply and extend. This course helps in these dimensions. The course starts on May 20, 2012. Live class and interactive discussion 5 Days a Week, 2 Hours A Day Lectures Last Date to Register: April 30, 2012 Main topics to be covered are: 1. Fundamentals of Modeling, Principles and MATLAB 2. Transport Solutions 3. Transport with Decay and Degradation 4. Transport and Kinetics 5. Transport and Equilibrium Reactions 6. Ordinary Differential Equations =96 Dynamical Systems 7. Parameter Estimation 8. Flow Modeling 9. Groundwater Drawdown by Pumping 10. Aquifer Base flow and 2D Meshing 11. Potential and Flow Visualization 12. Stream function and Complex Potential 13. 2D and 3D Transport Solutions (Gaussian Puffs and Plumes) 14. Image Processing and Geo-referencing 15. Compartment Graphs and Linear Systems 16. Non...

Environmental Modeling Using MatLab and Econometric Analysis Using Stata #2
This three month long course introduces the use of MatLab for Environmental Modeling and leads to develop advanced level comprehensive skills in both Environmental Modeling and use of MatLab. The course also introduces the basic and advanced Econometric Modeling in the area of Environmental Economics and using Stata. The course is aimed towards Environmental Economists, Environmental Practioners, Students and faculty to develop hands on Environmental Modeling, MatLab, Econometrics and Stata. There is dire need for such course in the realm of today=92s fast moving Technological era and development of new models and theories to understand, apply and extend. This course helps in these dimensions. The course starts on May 20, 2012. Live class and interactive discussion 5 Days a Week, 2 Hours A Day Lectures Last Date to Register: April 30, 2012 Main topics to be covered are: 5. Fundamentals of Modeling, Principles and MATLAB 6. Transport Solutions 7. Transport with Decay and Degradation 8. Transport and Kinetics 9. Transport and Equilibrium Reactions 10. Ordinary Differential Equations =96 Dynamical Systems 11. Parameter Estimation 12. Flow Modeling 13. Groundwater Drawdown by Pumping 14. Aquifer Base flow and 2D Meshing 15. Potential and Flow Visualization 16. Stream function and Complex Potential 17. 2D and 3D Transport Solutions (Gaussian Puffs and Plumes) 18. Image Processing and Geo-referencing 19. Compartment Graphs and Linear Systems 2...

why so many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica?
I tested the speed of Matlab 6.5 and Mathematica 8.0, Matlab used 4500 seconds to execute the program and mathematica used 6000 seconds, it seems the difference between Matlab and mathematica is not big, why so many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica? On 2/20/2012 6:09 AM, Liwen Zhang wrote: > I tested the speed of Matlab 6.5 and Mathematica 8.0, Matlab used 4500 > seconds to execute the program and mathematica used 6000 seconds, it > seems the difference between Matlab and mathematica is not big, why so > many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica? As was noted in the thread in comp.lang.fortran where you posted the "test", it was a terribly poorly chosen benchmark code--w/ optimization, Fortran was able to completely optimize away the constant, unused expression and the proposed Mablab comparison would _not_ be the way in which Matlab code would be written, either. The answer to the questions you're posing are probably "49". -- On 2/20/2012 8:14 AM, dpb wrote: > > As was noted in the thread in comp.lang.fortran where you posted the > "test", it was a terribly poorly chosen benchmark code--w/ optimization, > Fortran was able to completely optimize away the constant, unused > expression and the proposed Mablab comparison would _not_ be the way in > which Matlab code would be written, either. > In general, comparing run-time speed of programs written in inte...

sound using matlab
Hi I have an input vector which has a set of values. I need to have an output of two distinguishable sounds i.e one sound from index 1 to 5 and another sound from index 5 to 10 ? how do I proceed ? "Sakthivel" wrote in message <jjd9kl$3ec$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi > I have an input vector which has a set of values. I need to have an output of two distinguishable sounds i.e one sound from index 1 to 5 and another sound from index 5 to 10 ? how do I proceed ? http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/wavread.html http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/sound.html x = repmat([ 1 2 3 1 2]',33); x = reshape(x,1,165*33); z = repmat([ 1 3 4 5 4 3 1]',33); z = reshape(z,1,231*33); if(index>=1 && index <=5) sound(x/5, 8192); elseif(index>=6 && index <=10) sound(z/5, 8192); else error('improper index value'); end ...

Maple Matlab toolbox
I have Matlab 2010a(64bit) and Maple 15(think 64bit, not sure). When I setup the matlab toolbox, it installs the 32 bit toolbox with maplemex.mex32 file. When I run the code, matlab searches for maplemex.mex64 bit file. Any idea how I can remedy this? I have Visual C++ 2008 Sp1 compiler setup on matlab. Thanks in advance. ...

using matlab in ADC
am trying to run the matlab program below,but when i get to the biquant part after typing in end it gives me an error report like; ??? Undefined function or method 'biquant' for input arguments of type 'double'. someone help. clear all; close all disp('Generate 0.02-second sinewave of 100 Hz and Vp=5'); fs = 8000; %sampling rate T = 1/fs; %sampling interval t = 0:T:0.02; sig = 4.5*sin(2*pi*100*t); bits = input('input number of bits=>'); lg = length(sig); for x = 1:lg [Index(x),pq] = biquant(bits,-5,5,sig(x)); %Output the quantized index end %transmitted %recieved for x = 1:lg qsig(x) = biqtdec(bits,-5,5,Index(x)); end qerr = qsig - sig; %Calculate the quantized errors stairs(t,qsig);hold %Plot the signal in a staircase style plot(t,sig);grid; xlabe('Time (sec.)');ylabel('quantized x(n)') disp('Signal to noise power ration due to quantization') snr(sig,qsig); On Oct 2, 7:29=A0am, "kumbirayi " <knyachioj...@gmail.com> wrote: > am trying to run the matlab program below,but when i get to the biquant p= art after typing in end it gives me an error report like; > ??? Undefined function or method 'biquant' for input arguments of type > 'double'. > someone help. > clear all; close all > =A0disp('Generate 0.02-second sinewave of 100 Hz and Vp=3D5'); > =A0fs =3D 8000; %sampling rate > =A0T =3D 1/fs; %sampling interval...

Why does Matlab do this
What is happening when I type rand(1:10) at the command line? Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? Thanks "Robert" wrote in message <j64asi$5v4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What is happening when I type > rand(1:10) > at the command line? > > Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? > Thanks Hi Robert, You're create a 10-D array with that syntax. Do you just want a vector of 10 uniformly distributed random numbers. x = rand(10,1); % or x = rand(1,10); Wayne Hi Wayne, You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! Thanks for the explanation. Robert "Robert" wrote in message <j64d2h$dvo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi Wayne, > You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! > Thanks for the explanation. > Robert That's fine. Welcome to MATLAB!!! If that's the worst memory-intensive mistake you ever make, you'll be fine :) I've done much, much worse. Wayne ...

using Line in in Matlab
i am trying to make a pressure meter. i am using matlab for it. microphon port is already engaged for microphone based pressure sensor. I have mad a LVDT for sensing the high pressure. I want to connect the output of th LVDT to the line in port of sound card. but I dont know how to access th line in port from matlab. So please help me with the matlab code fo accessing the line in port of my soundcard. thanks. This is Iftee fro BUET, Bangladesh ifteebuet wrote: > i am trying to make a pressure meter. i am using matlab for it. microphone > port is already engaged for microphone based pressure sensor. I have made > a LVDT for sensing the high pressure. I want to connect the output of the > LVDT to the line in port of sound card. but I dont know how to access the > line in port from matlab. So please help me with the matlab code for > accessing the line in port of my soundcard. thanks. You might want to have a look at the data aqcuisition toolbox. You may find the group comp.soft-sys.matlab more useful for questions about matlab. Rune If you have the signal processing toolbox then there is a command called waverecord. Mike "ifteebuet" <ifteebuet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:K5adnROA_vuv8fHZRVn-pw@giganews.com... >i am trying to make a pressure meter. i am using matlab for it. microphone > port is already engaged for microphone based pressure sensor. I have made > a LVDT for sensing the high pressure. I want to connect the...

use scanner with matlab
hello i want to use my cannon scanner with matlab, how can i send a SCAN command directly from matlab? thx yossi ...

AM demodulation using MATLAB
Hey all, I am having some trouble with AM demodulation using MATLAB. I used the built-in MATLAB function butter to design a low pass filter and using the transfer function obtained, I filtered the modulated signal multiplied by the carrier. Here's the part of my m-file which deals with it: dam=cos(2*pi*250*t).*am; % am=amplitude modulated signal [b,a]=butter(5,250*2*Ts); %designing low pass filter with corner freq 250Hz, Ts-sampling %interval dam(:,1) = filtfilt(b,a,dam(:,1)); % filtering the demodulated signal dam=dam*2; %scaling to get original amplitude back the problem is that I'm trying to filter the signal without using the built in matlab functionality. I tried to multiply the transfer function of filter with the fourier transfer of dam (fft(dam)) to low pass filter it and then took the inverse fft of the answer, but came up with a weird answer when i tried to plot the demodulated signal. could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong when i am trying to filter it? Is there any other way around this without using built-in matlab functions? Thanks a lot in advance. -Farah. <farah727rash@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156009534.298850.217080@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hey all, > I am having some trouble with AM demodulation using MATLAB. I used the > built-in MATLAB function butter to design a low pass filter and using > the transfer function obtained, I filtered the modulated signal > multiplied by the carrier. Here'...

Web resources about - Matlab Toolboxes used - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Meet the Trusty, Tasteful Trusco Toolboxes
They've only just arrived but the Trusco Toolboxes have stored our hearts away. We searched high and low for these rare and glamorous tool keepers ...

You No Longer Have to Go to Japan to Buy These Beautiful Blue Toolboxes
Trusco toolboxes have long been an elusive item, something only seen by tasteful travelers who spotted them in Japan. They lusted after them ...

Hacklet 92 – Workbenches and Toolboxes
Everyone needs a place to work. While some of us have well equipped labs with soldering stations, oscilloscopes, and a myriad of other tools, ...

Alpin Drums, A Sextet of Percussionists Who Play Toolboxes While Wearing Traditional Bavarian Garb
Alpin Drums is a German musical sextet who play percussion on various objects– including toolboxes in a video shot by Vimeo user malfecha –while ...

Purge Your "Digital Toolboxes" Yearly to Wipe the Slate Clean and Get More Done
Throughout the course of this year, you likely added all sorts of new things to your digital life. You followed more people on Twitter, added ...

Mini mint tin toolboxes
DIY projects, how-tos, and inspiration from the workshops and minds of geeks, makers, and hackers @ Make: magazine I love these tiny toolboxes ...

ABUSIVE LAB TEST: Toughest Toolboxes….
ABUSIVE LAB TEST: Toughest Toolboxes.

Blind students learn to think like scientists with revolutionary traveling toolboxes
Hands-on, innovative educational material is being developed to help blind students learn about evolution.

Most Toolboxes are Boring, the Coolbox Packs an Integrated Power Bar, Speakers and More
Most toolboxes are designed purely for function, the $179 Coolbox is not only functional, but packs an internal rechargeable battery, Bluetooth ...

Why Disney Interactive dug into a few open-source toolboxes for its cloud
Michael O'Donnell/VentureBeat Peter Lopez (left), the system architect at Disney Interactive, talks about his use of OpenStack and Cloudstack ...