Please Help !!! Can anyone give me some ideas on how to convert binary/greyscale images into binary images ??????

I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I
don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary form
of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as
possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and
helps.

Andres wrote:

> I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I
> don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary
> form
> of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as
> possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and
> helps.

Assuming you have the matlab ip toolbox, the function you are looking
for is called "im2bw" Start by typing this at the command line:

help im2bw

without the iptoolbox, it is slightly more involved, but still rather
simple. You want to index into the image, such that any pixels less
than your threshold are zero, and then set all non-zero pixels equal
to one:

img(img <= threshold) = 0;
img(img ~= 0) = 1;

Bryan
0
not191 (130)
8/2/2004 6:12:45 AM
The threshold could also be calculated as the mean value of a block
which size is N x N. The mean value could be replaced by the point
where the grayscale histogram reaches its minimum...the possible
choice are very numerous...
0
pixel7989 (1)