problem with reading an image into matlab

Hello All,
I have a problem with reading a JPG file into Matlab:
Basically, all I want to do is to add a JPG figure into my matlab figure. For this I am using the command:
Image = imread(figure_file_in);
But I get an error telling me the following:
??? Error using ==> rjpg8c
JPEG images with CMYK colorspace are not currently supported.

Error in ==> readjpg at 21
    A = rjpg8c(filename);

Error in ==> imread at 430
    [X, map] = feval(fmt_s.read, filename, extraArgs{:});

Any ideas on how I can work around it?
Thank you

Does it work to open jpg file outside matlab and save it as another jpg format (rgb)?

miki lo <myartsev@gmail.com> wrote in message <1405076251.120146.1287303078074.JavaMail.root@gallium.mathforum.org>...
> Hello All,
> I have a problem with reading a JPG file into Matlab:
> Basically, all I want to do is to add a JPG figure into my matlab figure. For this I am using the command:
> Image = imread(figure_file_in);
> But I get an error telling me the following:
> ??? Error using ==> rjpg8c
> JPEG images with CMYK colorspace are not currently supported.
>
> Error in ==> readjpg at 21
>     A = rjpg8c(filename);
>
> Error in ==> imread at 430
>     [X, map] = feval(fmt_s.read, filename, extraArgs{:});
>
> Any ideas on how I can work around it?
> Thank you
0
Anders

a problem about image reading in MATLAB
greeting all: Im a freshman to Matlab, so could any1 tell me if MATLAB could reads the colors on every pixel of a image and returns the values to a matrix? thanks in advance. In article <ef56fea.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, pangzi <bbbbbh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Im a freshman to Matlab, so could any1 tell me if MATLAB could reads >the colors on every pixel of a image and returns the values to a >matrix? Yes. Matlab has three representations for images: "intensity", "indexed", and "truecolor". Intensity images are grayscale images: each matr...

problem reading in avifile created by matlab image aquisitiuon toolbox
Hi Can anyone help me- I created an avi file - uncompressed format- using the image aquisition toolbox and it is viewable in windows media player but when i try and read it into matlab it comes up with the following error:::: ****************************************************** >> aaa = aviread('12.avi',1); ??? Frames must be either 8-bit (Indexed or grayscale), 16-bit grayscale or 24-bit (TrueColor). Error in ==> aviread at 65 X = readavi(info.Filename,index-1); ******************************************************** any ideas thanks jim ...

Problem reading 'tif' image with Matlab 7
Hi all, I am trying to open a 'tif' image using Matlab 7 rel. 14 and get the '??? Couldn't open file' massage. I can get its info using 'imfinfo' though. The file can be opened in regular programs like Microsoft Photo Editor. The file is a 8 bit depth. When I try to open it with Matlab 6.5 rel. 13 it works fine! This Problem was addressed before in reference: Evan Zamir, "12-bit tiff support" #, 30 Jul 2004 5:04 pm </WebX?50@@.eee4be0> Only there the Matlab version was not specified. My questions: Is it a bug in rel. 14? Is there something I can ...

problem reading in avifile created by matlab image aquisitiuon toolbox #2
Hi Can anyone help me- I created an avi file - uncompressed format- using the matlab image aquisition toolbox and it is viewable in windows media player but when i try and read it back into matlab it comes up with the following error:::: ****************************************************** >> aaa = aviread('12.avi',1); ??? Frames must be either 8-bit (Indexed or grayscale), 16-bit grayscale or 24-bit (TrueColor). Error in ==> aviread at 65 X = readavi(info.Filename,index-1); ******************************************************** any ideas thanks jim ...

Matlab 7
I have Matlab 7.0, including Matlab Web server (ver 1.2.3). I have a problem using it. My computer is XP Prof (SP2), Pentium 1GHz. This problem does not occur with Matlab 6.5. The Matlab server is executed from a Web page and it launches Matlab 7 functions. The Matlab functions compute results and display these (using Matlab server) on other Web pages. The problem and observations are: 1. After the server-launched Matlab finishes its work, if I open a new Matlab 7, this runs very slowly because it uses up more than 80% of computer CPU (and about 60MB memory). 2. The launched Matlab, even af...

matlab image problem
hello I want to know if there already has some basic image file like function which can generate a line in a grah,a disk, if so, please give me some samples, thank a lot Cheers, BO ...

image read in matlab
hi everybody i doing project on jpeg image implementation & image tranmission my question is how a sample image wright in the program ...

problems when changing from matlab R2007a to matlab R2008b
Hi all, I have problems when changing from matlab R2007a to matlab R2008b. I have a simulink model running in R2007a which i use to obtain certain results. Nevertheless, these results are differents when i try to run the same simulink model in R2008b. I have done nothing different but running the same model in the new matlab version. I don?t know if i have to change some configuration parameter connected to the new matlab version. If someone could help i would appreciate it. Thank you Dami?n Palenzuela ...

Problems calling from Matlab a Matlab compiled dll
Hi, I'm trying to make a dll from an m-file and use the dll function calling from the workspace or from an m file using 2008A version: Step 1 function [output] = addizione (a,b) output = a+b; end Step 2 I compile it with matlab compiler mcc -l addizione I obtain addizione.dll, .lib, .h etc Step 3 load the newly created addizione.dll loadlibrary ('addizione','addizione') with the following warnings: Type 'LARGE_INTEGERPtr' was not found. Defaulting to type voidPtr. Found on line 20522 of input from line 7673 of file C:\Programmi\MATLAB\R2008a\sys\lcc\inclu...

technical problem with matlab 7R14sp1 start matlab
Its for a problem when i start matlab there is an error message and i can t use matlab --------------------------------------------------------- the message is: microsoft visual c++ runtime library runtime error! program:c\Apllications\matlab7\bin\win32 \matlab.exe this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information ------------------------------------------------------- It is very annoying because i work very much with matlab. ...

Matlab Read And Write Problems
Hi, I have a function that rewrites a file using fopen and fclose. The problem is nothing is actually replaced until I open that file. For example: Let's say I'm rewrite the contents in testfile.m. Then I try to use testfile.m right after the rewrite my progrem doesn't work. However if I open testfile.m the contents have been rewritten. In fact, if I close testfile.m and try to use it, now it will work. Basicly after re-writing, I have to manually open and close the file for it to work. What am I doing wrong? I tried adding a pause, in case the computer had to catch up, b...

reading multiple images in matlab
hi , thanks for reply . plz help me my problem is i have n number of images of same size in a folder . i want to read these images in a matrix of x*y*n . where x is width of image , y is height of image and n is no. of images . so that at n=0 we have 1st image , n=1 we have 2nd image and so on.... it will look like a cube "hello kaur" <sukhsidhu06@gmail.com> wrote in message <hv2fhm$6vp$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hi , thanks for reply . > plz help me my problem is > i have n number of images of same size in a folder . i want to read these images in a matri...

How to read a complex image into matlab?
Hello guys, I never dealt with complex files before.. I was wondering, is there a way to read a comlpex 2D image into matlab? I'm sure there is but I am unaware of it. What I usually do is as follows fid=fopen('image','r'); x=fread(fid,[npix,nlin],'float32'); fclose(fid); but this is for real images and not complex. When I looked at the help to see if there is a complex format but I couldn't recognize any!:( could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance Rene ...

Problems calling from Matlab a Matlab compiled dll #2
Hi, I'm trying to make a dll from an m-file and use the dll function calling from the workspace or from an m file using 2008A version: Step 1 function [output] = addizione (a,b) output = a+b; end Step 2 I compile it with matlab compiler mcc -l addizione I obtain addizione.dll, .lib, .h etc Step 3 load the newly created addizione.dll loadlibrary ('addizione','addizione') with the following warnings: Type 'LARGE_INTEGERPtr' was not found. Defaulting to type voidPtr. Found on line 20522 of input from line 7673 of file C:\Programmi\MATLAB\R2008a\sys\lcc\inclu...

Problems calling from Matlab a Matlab compiled dll #3
Hi, I'm trying to make a dll from an m-file and use the dll function calling from the workspace or from an m file using 2008A version: Step 1 function [output] = addizione (a,b) output = a+b; end Step 2 I compile it with matlab compiler mcc -l addizione I obtain addizione.dll, .lib, .h etc Step 3 load the newly created addizione.dll loadlibrary ('addizione','addizione') with the following warnings: Type 'LARGE_INTEGERPtr' was not found. Defaulting to type voidPtr. Found on line 20522 of input from line 7673 of file C:\Programmi\MATLAB\R2008a\sys\lcc\inclu...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Image display problem in MATLAB
Hi, I am trying to display a satellite image using MATLAB. I used imshow and imagesc. Both returned a washed out version of my original image. I have no trouble displaying any other image in MATLAB. And I have no trouble displaying my satellite image in Visual Basic. Any ideas? Thank you, Elaine try imshow(I, [ ]); % suppose that your image variable is I if it works, it means the dynamic range of your image is no longer within [0.0 1.0]. Usually, if you read your image using imread() and imshow() right after, you should not get any problem. Unless, you do some processing on that image a...

read an image to gui matlab
i have problem to view the image from the folder choose in gui matlab. my gui function like, when push the push button,we need to select the image from the file then view the image in gui. my problem is how to view the image, i mean in specific place. is it possible i use axes or something else?i don't want using coding imshow because it will show not in specific place. i hope anyone can help me. thank you. "norfaizayu " <ayu_anie85@yahoo.com.my> wrote in message <jg1gv1$kc9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > i have problem to view the image from the folder choo...

reading raw images in Matlab
Hi, I wish to read "RAW" Images in Matlab. I believe there is a function which allows me to do so after I feed in correct header information which I have. I am aware of imread and fread function but there is function specifically written for this. Nipun "nipun patel" <nipunREMOVECAPSpatel@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > I wish to read "RAW" Images in Matlab. I believe there is a function > which allows me to do so after I feed in correct header information > which I have. > > I am aware of imread and fread function but there is function >...

Matlab Image Acquisition Problem
Hi all, I am trying to acquire images from a usb frame grabber (Sensoray 2255). The device driver is compatible with Directx 9.0c and I was able to use AMCAP as well as VLC player to capture from all 4 channels of the frame grabber. However, no detectable devices show up when I try to query it from Matlab using imaqhwinfo. Can anyone point me in the right direction to try and get the frame grabber working with Matlab? I am running Matlab 2007a with the image acquisition tool box 2.1 Thanks. Hi I-Chun, You have performed the correct testing to see if it might be possible to use this devic...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

Read java image to matlab
Hi, I'm looking for a function that would convert a java image object to a matlab image. In other words I'm looking for the inverse of the im2java function. thanks, Ivan ...

Problem using Matlab 6.5 codes in Matlab 2007b
I have written some code in Matlab 6.5 and they are running perfectly in that version. But if I try to run the same using Matlab 2007b, I am facing problem. It starts giving error like dimensional mismatch and etc. Why the program written in lower version is not running in higher version? "Dwaipayan Dasgupta" <ddg.abhhih@rediffmail.com> wrote in message <gvto39$jsf$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have written some code in Matlab 6.5 and they are running perfectly in that version. But if I try to run the same using Matlab 2007b, I am facing problem. It starts giving error...

problem opening Matlab figures created by MATLAB installed at the other PC
Hi there, I have a Matlab Version 7.0.0.19920(R14). when opening a figure created at the other PC (Also MATLAB 7) > open('Fig5PRL.fig'); one gets the message ??? Error using ==> open Unable to find function containerDelete within C:\MATLAB7\toolbox\matlab\uitools\javacomponent.m Meanwhile, the figure can be successfully opened at the computer where it was created and at the other with MATLAB 7 installed. Any ideas how to treat this? Yours, Petr. ...

Web resources about - problem with reading an image into matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

George Clooney nailed America's problem with hateful political speech
Clooney nailed America's problem with hateful political speech.

Kevin Rudd: Adam Goodes incident reveals Australia’s racism problem? - HeraldSun Search Search
... apology to the Stolen Generations, former prime minister Kevin Rudd says Australia needs to face up to the fact that it has a racism problem. ...

Kevin Rudd: Adam Goodes incident reveals Australia’s racism problem?
... apology to the Stolen Generations, former prime minister Kevin Rudd says Australia needs to face up to the fact that it has a racism problem. ...

Kevin Rudd's brutal slapdown of Australians who don't think we have a racism problem
Former prime minister Kevin Rudd says it is "100 per cent bullshit" that the booing of Adam Goodes had nothing to do with his Aboriginality. ...

iPhone 7 might be an even bigger problem than we thought for Samsung
The lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack won't be the only big change to hit the iPhone 7. According to a report from The Electronic Times , Apple ...

George Clooney Nailed America’s Hate-Speech Problem, Says Business Insider
George Clooney Nailed America's Hate-Speech Problem, Says Business Insider

This brilliant color-changing toilet light solves a lot of nighttime problems
The IllumiBowl Toilet Night-Light is a color-changing night-light for your toilet bowl. This means no more getting blinded by bathroom lights, ...

No Evidence — No Problem
How Glossip was found guilty of first-degree malice murder brings into light the dark side of our justice system.

Valve May Have Solved The Virtual Reality Content Problem
(Photo credit: Anshel Sag) Recently, I had the opportunity to visit Valve at their Steam VR Developer Showcase at Fremont Studios in Seattle. ...