Running java code in Matlab

class HelloWorld
{
     public static void main(String[] args)
     {
           System.out.println("Hello World!");
     }

Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !!

Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in Matlab ?

Thank you !

http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f44062.html

> Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in
> Matlab ?

It depends on the function.  If the function is implemented as a MATLAB
function file (with the .m extension) or as a MEX-file for which we provide
the source code, yes.  If not, no.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
2/15/2011 2:08:21 PM
> "Animesh Pandey" <apanimesh061@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) {
> > System.out.println("Hello World!"); } }
> > Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !!
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f44062.html

Thank you !!
> > Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in
> > Matlab ?
>
> It depends on the function.  If the function is implemented as a MATLAB
> function file (with the .m extension) or as a MEX-file for which we provide
> the source code, yes.  If no

ohk .... I also mean the predefined functions !!
Like there is a function "wavread" which reads a .wav file.
If I want to the code behind it, is it possible ??

>> "Animesh Pandey" <apanimesh061@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) {
>> > System.out.println("Hello World!"); } }
>> > Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !!
>>
>> http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f44062.html
>>
> Thank you !!
>> > Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in
>> > Matlab ?
>>
>> It depends on the function.  If the function is implemented as a MATLAB
>> function file (with the .m extension) or as a MEX-file for which we
>> provide the source code, yes.  If no
>>
> ohk .... I also mean the predefined functions !!

As I said above, it depends on the particular function.

> Like there is a function "wavread" which reads a .wav file. If I want to
> the code behind it, is it possible ??

Try using EDIT to open the function.  If it does, then it was implemented as
a MATLAB function file and you can read it.

edit wavread.m

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab. I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version). Thanks a lot, Nili. ...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

How to run my java code in matlab
i have a java program having two classes named A_1 and A2 in it and generate two class files as; A_1.java A_1.class A2.class my matlab supports the java version 1.6.0_17 and i had also have JRE 1.6.0_17. and i had also copy the path of java and class files in matlab classpath file. But when i create its object o=A_1 then the following error occurs: Undefined function or variable 'A_1'. please help me in this???? "Deepak Gupta" <myself.deepakgupta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:n0sv9b$o0a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > i have a j...

Running MATLAB code from Java
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find a way to call MATLAB computational functionality from Java code - in much the same way as the MATLAB engine appears to run for C and FORTRAN. The Java stand-alone application is running on UNIX. MATLAB can obviously be installed on Windows or UNIX (or other platforms for that matter). I need to push input from Java to MATLAB and then to receive MATLAB output back into Java. This seems to be an infrequent yet repeating request in the newsgroup archives and so I'll summarise my progress below. Any comments on these approaches and any new approach ideas wo...

JA Builder, run Matlab code in java
I have written an application in Matlab and compiled it into Java code using the JA builder. I'm really stuck from here as to how to integrate it into my application. How do I handle data type conversion, call the functions, etc. The algorithm that I wrote in Matlab is for image processing, how can I pass a java buffered image to that function? "Rebecca" wrote in message <ihpamb$acv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have written an application in Matlab and compiled it into Java code using the JA builder. I'm really stuck from here as to how to integrate it into my ...

Get a result from Matlab to Java (Call Matlab from JAVA
Hi all, I am having trouble getting the return value from matlab to JAVA. I have tried Kamin Whitehouse 's code(matlabcontrol.java) and get working for eval and feval, but having trouble using blockingFeval function which returnts the value of matlab. The problem I am having is it returns some value valid only in matlab workspace and when I play around with the return value in matlab, it works fine but in Java program it is just junk data. I corresponded with Kamin and he thinks that jmi.jar has been changed since he developed the class. The matlab library now returns the handle of t...

MATLAB algorithm to MATLAB function code or C code
hallo firends, Can any body help me write this below code into MATLAB object oriented code or C code form please? M=50; % total number of periods. (choose for 1s duration) f0 = 50; % fundamental AC frequency T0 = 1/f0; %fundamental AC period T = M*T0; %Time for M periods (integer M) N=30; % sample points per period. dt = T0/N; % Sample at N points per period (integer N > 20) t = dt*[1:M*N-1]; % Sampling time array A0=120/2; % amplitude of AC signal. Divide by 2 or maybe sqrt (2) ? AC=A0*sin(f0*t*2*pi); % create AC signal. DC0=50; % DC amplitude DC=DC0*ones(1,length(t)); % create a DC signal that is constant of length t S=AC+DC; % total signal is AC signal + DC signal figure(1); plot(t,S); % plot signal. xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Total Signal'); % filter components fAC=S-mean(S); % here is the AC component fDC=mean(S); % here is the DC component figure(2); plot(t,fAC,'r',t,fDC,'b'); % plot AC and DC signals legend('AC','DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only AC component'); figure(3); plot(t,fDC,'b'); % plot DC signal legend('DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only DC component'); figure(4); % best to plot in Fourier domain u=abs(fftshift(fft(S))); NumPoints=length(t); freq=(1/dt)*[1:NumPoints]/NumPoints; % create frequency axis freq=fre...

how to code java thumbnail into matlab code?
it seems matlab cannot preview images as thumbnail, therefore, when i use subplot to reduce size of those images and display them into panel, it took quite a lot of time, is there a way to transfer java thumbnail code to matlab code so that time of previewing images will be largely reduced? thanks a lot for helping ...

converting c++ code to Matlab code using Matlab 9
im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these codes in my project rather than writing them from scratch. is there some way or a chunk of code that might convert C++ code to matlab code or a ".c" file to ".m" file. please if anyone knows do let me know at the earliest.thanks "fatima " <fatima_naseem2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i8ugqn$e9p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these c...

How to notify Matlab about Java object change in Matlab Java Interface?
Hello, Does anybody has any idea how to update Matlab function about Java object change ? It could be done by polling: while JavaObj.getValue()=='not done yet' pause(1); end But polling is evil. There should be more elegant way to do this job ... I've checked 'Matlab Java Interface' docs : http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f6671.html , but found nothing on the subject :( Thanks in advance for your help, Could you use javacomponent to set up the object, and set a callback to repond to the changed value? On Apr 21, 5:44=A0pm, &...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos...

Java code to Matlab
Please help me convert this Java code to Matlab. How do you specify datatypes in MATLAB? netArc,netNode are all another classes written by me. ______________________________ import java.util.ArrayList; import java.util.List; public class Network { // Members public List<netArc> arcs; public List<netNode> nodes; public List<netCell> cells; // Constructor public Network() { arcs = new ArrayList<>(); nodes = new ArrayList<>(); cells = new ArrayList<>(); } // Methods } ______________________________ "Asha Viswanath" <av88@nyu.edu> wrote in message news:nbv0lv$2q2$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Please help me convert this Java code to Matlab. How do you specify > datatypes in MATLAB? netArc,netNode are all another classes written by me. One possibility is to just call this Java code from MATLAB rather than converting it. http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/using-java-libraries-in-matlab.html Another possibility is to see if MATLAB (or one of the toolboxes) already has equivalent functionality that you can use. From the names, I suspect you're doing some work with graph theory? If so, and you're using release R2015b or later, take a look at the graph and network algorithm functionality: http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/graph-and-network-algorithms.html A third possibility is to reimpleme...

what is the best way to convert matlab code into java equivalent code ?
I want to convert my matlab function to its java equivalent . what is the best way to do this ? Thanx and regards ...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > thanks! Hi, The MATLAB help for the current release (R2010b) is available over the web. Choose a product such as the Signal Processing Toolbox. http://www.mathworks.com/products/signal/ and then under Support and Training, select the documentation. http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/index.html Wayne "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <i67rfa$3bl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > > > thanks! > > H...

code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009
I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks "moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there > then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working > > If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in...

run C code from matlab?
Hi everybody! maybe this is a simple thing but I do not know how to do it. I have a C code and I want to run it from Matlab. How can I do that? Thanks a lot. Rebeca Rebeca skrev: > Hi everybody! > > maybe this is a simple thing but I do not know how to do it. > > I have a C code and I want to run it from Matlab. > > How can I do that? The easy, quick'n dirty way is to compile some standalone program, myprogram.exe, and execute it from the matlab prompt, >>!myprogram It would require some fiddling with passing parameters and results, probably some files ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; int MAX_NB_CLUST = 20; double *SF, *km, *new_data; int size, dim, K, nbm, aux_size, count_bis, count_aux; double diam_max, diam, vec1_p, vec2_p, dist_min, dis; int combi[1000000][2]; int dist_aux[1000000][2]; /* Check for proper number of arguments. */ if (nrhs != 5) { mexErrMsgTxt("5 input required."); } else if (nlhs > 1) { mexErrMsgTxt("Too many output arguments"); } // Input parameter (MATLAB) new_data = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); size = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[1]); dim = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[2]); K = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[3]); km = mxGetPr(prhs[4]); // Output parameter (MATLAB) plhs[0] = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,1,mxREAL); SF = mxGetPr(plhs[0]); // Other variables nbm = size/dim; // Number of points printf("Taille: %d\n",nbm); printf("Dimension: %d\n",dim); //#############################...

running java from matlab #2
Hi, I'm trying to use the JBoost open source java package to do some work in matlab. I've modified the javaclasspath in matlab and added the folder ontaining the JBoost libraries to the matlab path. Now I've stumbled at the first actual call of a java class in the example at http://jboost.sourceforge.net/examples.html : >> jboost.controller.Controller -S demo/spambase I know that matlab has loaded the java class, because >> [M,X,J] = inmem returns 'jboost.controller.Controller' inside J. can anyone please tell me how to call that java function from matlab?...

Problem when running a matlab code
i want to run the following code. filter=[PSD(1:end-1)zeros(1,IEEE80216params.simOpts.DoppTaps-2*floor(IEEE80216params.simOpts.DoppTaps*D))PSD(end:-1:2)]; The above code I got from a thesis report downloaded from Internet. It gives "Missing MATLAB operator" before "zeros(1,IEEE80216params.simOpts.DoppT..." and before "PSD(end:-1:2)];" Can anyone help me on figuring out what are the missing operators in front of above two phrases. Thanks! On 02/12/10 3:43 AM, snj Jayaratne wrote: > i want to run the following code. > > filter=...

rehash for running matlab code?
Dear users, I have the following problem: an m-file calls a function f1 which calls two different functions f2 and f3 sequentially. ------------------------- mfile.m a=f1(1.0); ---------------------- function a=f1(q) b=f2(q); a=f3(b); ----------------------- The m-file is currently running in f2 and I have written a newer version of f3. How can I make the m-file use the newer version of f3 (with one bug less) without restarting the m-file completely from scratch? I need to inject a rehash. It would probably be sufficient to get into a debug line K>> and type a rehash. pressing CT...

Running Java files in matlab
Hello guys. I got a program written in java and I want to use it in my project. The Java program will create a text file and I will use the data of text file in matlab. I want to know how can I run Java program in matlab On 2/19/2011 11:25 PM, Govind Chowdhari wrote: > Hello guys. I got a program written in java and I want to use it in my project. > The Java program will create a text file and I will use the data of text file in matlab. > I want to know how can I run Java program in matlab I would just dosomething like >system('java c:\my_folder\my_java_program'...

How can i run this matlab code???
Hi everyone, I m new user of matlab and this community also....i think anyone have an idea to solve this code plz reply in deatil steps to run this matlab code...plz post a reply from begining to end of output (Graph)...its argent...appreciates your reply....thank you in advance. here is the code and at the bottom there is a function file to generate function... % MATLAB Code %% Error probability in AWGN, Rayleigh, and Rician channel %% as function of SNR clear all; N=128; % # of subcarriers M=32; % # of users snr_db=0:15; K=[0 10]; % The value of K-factor r1=(pi/4)*(exp(-K(1))/(K(1)+1)...

running MatLab compiled code
I have a MatLab compiled .dll and .exe that I'd like to run without having to start up Matlab and/or machines without Matlab installed. I followed the help pages and copied the necessary files, but when I try to install the MCR I get the following message: "The wizard was interrupted before Matlab Component Runtime 7.6 was installed..." This happened on two machines. And if I try to run the .exe on these machines I get an error saying that MCLMCRRT76.dll was not found. I assume this is because the mcr was not installed. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks in ad...

Running this MATLAB code in IDL
Hello, What would be the best way to run this MATLAB code in IDL (http://www.ee.cuhk.edu.hk/~snli/MATLAB_code.zip) which creates a 3d red/blue anaglyph from two images? Also, since this is a code from an academic source, would I be able to use this to build onto for a more involved program for a masters thesis as long as I source the code's author in my report? Thanks! On 4/24/14, 4:39 AM, mikejohnryan08@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > What would be the best way to run this MATLAB code in IDL > (http://www.ee.cuhk.edu.hk/~snli/MATLAB_code.zip) which creates a 3d &...

Web resources about - Running java code in Matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Malcolm Turnbull is running on my government's record: Tony Abbott
Former prime minister Tony Abbott has declared the government will head to the election fundamentally unchanged under Malcolm Turnbull, hours ...

If you think Mark Zuckerberg running through smoggy Beijing without a mask is bad, wait until you see ...
VIDEO: The Internet was quick to shame Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg for jogging through the smoggy streets of Beijing without a mask. But the ...

Malcolm Turnbull is running on my government's record: Tony Abbott
Former prime minister Tony Abbott has declared the government will head to the election fundamentally unchanged under Malcolm Turnbull, hours ...

Malcolm Turnbull is running on my government's record: Tony Abbott
Former prime minister Tony Abbott has declared the government will head to the election fundamentally unchanged under Malcolm Turnbull, hours ...

Pangu releases Apple TV 4 jailbreak for units running tvOS 9.0 and 9.0.1
... has released a jailbreak for the 4th generation Apple TV. This jailbreak, a first for the Apple TV 4, is capable of jailbreaking units running ...

How Valve got passable VR running on a four-year-old graphics card
That green box in the middle of this Aperture Science scene indicates it's running right in the middle of the adaptive performance curve. (credit: ...

Microsoft extends support for Intel Skylake systems running Windows 7, Windows 8.1
... using Intel’s Skylake platform. In January, the company said that it would only guarantee full extended support for Skylake systems running ...

If you think Mark Zuckerberg running through smoggy Beijing without a mask is bad, wait until you see ...
The internet was quick to shame Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg for jogging through the smoggy streets of Beijing without a mask. But the reaction ...