running time/speed of .m code compiled and deployed in c

Can anyone let me know whether a .m code compiled and
included as a library/header file in C (application
deployment) runs faster as compared to running on matlab
environment?

"Rubal " <rub_dua_06@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Can anyone let me know whether a .m code compiled and
> included as a library/header file in C (application
> deployment) runs faster as compared to running on matlab
> environment?

No, it won't. Since R14 the compiled code and the interpreted
code run on same speed, because the code is not compiled to
native C code, but is interpreted by the MATLAB Component
Runtime (MCR). Therefore the code will be as slow (but also
as fast!) as in MATLAB.

Titus

"Titus" <titus.edelhofer@mathworks.de> wrote in message
<fm7sts$eaq$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Rubal " <rub_dua_06@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Can anyone let me know whether a .m code compiled and
> > included as a library/header file in C (application
> > deployment) runs faster as compared to running on matlab
> > environment?
>
> No, it won't. Since R14 the compiled code and the
interpreted
> code run on same speed, because the code is not compiled
> native C code, but is interpreted by the MATLAB Component
> Runtime (MCR). Therefore the code will be as slow (but
also
> as fast!) as in MATLAB.
>
> Titus

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Retaining the
word "compiler" for something that evolved into a
deployment tool was a mistake.