convert time in and time out

hi all,
because I have a list of data that contains Clock_in and Clock_out,
how can I know the total hours that have been used where I have
converted it to Clock_in at 46200 and Clock_out at 48061
how can I know the total hours that have been used?

by the way, did I need to create two new data to merge togather

Thanks

Not sure what you have or did.  If those numbers represent the number
of seconds since midnight, and you don't have any in and out
combinations that span across midnight, you could use something like:

data have;
  input clock_in clock_out;
  format x y time.;
  hours=3D(clock_out-clock_in)/(60*60);
  cards;
30000 40000
30000 45000
30000 50000
30000 70000
;

HTH,
Art
-----------
On Oct 27, 8:39=A0pm, peter zeng <taifa.str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> because I have a list of data that contains Clock_in and Clock_out,
> how can I know the total hours that have been used where I have
> converted it to Clock_in at 46200 and Clock_out at 48061
> how can I know the total hours that have been used?
>
> by the way, did I need to create two new data to merge togather
>
> Thanks

0
art297 (4213)