FONTS ? (name of default font using gplot cgmof97L ?)

Does anyone know the name of the default font please when using gplot with cgmof97L ?

The default font only seems to be usable with single letter upper case
characters.  I can use other fonts such as zapf, or swiss or complex or simplex
but it would be very helpful to know just which the default font is.

The trouble is that the default font comes out best on my output, but
for some tests I need more characters and so have to use another font
for those and the difference between them is a bit problematic.

If I knew the name of the default font I might be able to get a workaround.

Thanks

David M.

0
ewnt05 (9)

D Mealand wrote:
> Does anyone know the name of the default font please when using gplot
> with cgmof97L ?
>
> The default font only seems to be usable with single letter upper case
> characters.  I can use other fonts such as zapf, or swiss or complex
> or simplex
> but it would be very helpful to know just which the default font is.
>
> The trouble is that the default font comes out best on my output, but
> for some tests I need more characters and so have to use another font
> for those and the difference between them is a bit problematic.
>
> If I knew the name of the default font I might be able to get a
> workaround.
>
> Thanks
>
> David M.

Not sure of the default, but you can specify your default using
    goptions ftext="{true-type-font-name}", or
    goptions ftext={SAS-font-name}

CGMOF97L is also graphics device with 'hardware' fonts.  You should be able
to specify which one you want by using
    goptions CHARTYPE={chartype-#}, or
    HWCGM### in font specifications (e.g. title f=HWCGM006 "This text should
be rendered Times Roman Bold")

Use SAS Explorer to view SASHELP.DEVICES.CGMOF97L.  It should show
  Chartype Rows  Cols                  Font Name                 Scalable
       1     50    90   Helvetica                                    Y
       2     50    90   HelveticaBold                                Y
       3     50    90   HelveticaItalic                              Y
       4     50    90   HelveticaBoldItalic                          Y
       5     50    90   TimesRoman                                   Y
       6     50    90   TimesRomanBold                               Y
       7     50    90   TimesRomanItalic                             Y
       8     50    90   TimesRomanBoldItalic                         Y
       9     50    90   Courier                                      Y
      10     50    90   CourierBold                                  Y
      11     50    90   CourierItalic                                Y
      12     50    90   CourierBoldItalic                            Y
      13     50    90   Symbol                                       Y
      14     50    90   ZapfDingbats                                 Y

--
Richard A. DeVenezia
http://www.devenezia.com/

0