How to import a .xlsx file over 256 columns?

Use the regular import, only import 255 columns.

proc import datafile="C:\temp\aaa.xlsx"
out=test
replace;
sheet='Final Data';
getnames=yes;
run;

thanks
0
demin

Try converting the xlsx file to a csv or txt file using the SW that
originally created the file. May have to change the GUESSROWS to bring
in the data in the correct format.

demin wrote:

> Use the regular import, only import 255 columns.
>
> proc import datafile="C:\temp\aaa.xlsx"
> out=test
> replace;
> sheet='Final Data';
> getnames=yes;
> run;
>
> thanks
0
Ed

256 columns limit in importing xlsx file in MATLAB_R2014a on MAC
Hi, I am working with a MATLAB_R2014a on a MAC OS X 10.9.4. I am trying to import a (1435 * 1435) matrix saved in a xlsx sheet using xlsread command in the following way: ZS=xlsread ('2012_11_22_SIMM.xlsx'); But MATLAB imports only the first 256 columns. How can I import the whole matrix? Thank you, Paola ...

problem with more than 255 columns when importing from text file to SAS
I have SAS Enterprise guide 1.3 on Windows XP. I am trying to import some data in a comma separated text file into SAS. The text file has more than 255 columns, more than 800 in fact. When I try to import this into SAS, it reads only upto 255 columns and then stops. Can someone please help me with this? How do I import more than 255 columns? Thanks in advance Ajay Ajay, file option LRECL will work. The following is a sample code. ============ Kind Regards, Zibao Zhang, MD filename in 'f:\temp\in.txt'; *********************************************************; * Create a .txt fi...

Re: problem with more than 255 columns when importing from text file to SAS
Sorry, it should be: infile (NOT file) option LRECL will work for Ajay. ============ Kind Regards, Zibao Zhang, MD ----- Original Message ----- From: "Zibao Zhang" <zibaozhang@hotmail.com> To: "_SAS-L_" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>; "Ajay" <ajay_jain@EXCHANGE.ISB.EDU> Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 8:32 AM Subject: Re: problem with more than 255 columns when importing from text file to SAS > Ajay, > > file option LRECL will work. The following is a sample code. > > ============ > Kind Regards, > Zibao Zhang, MD > > ...

how to tell data type and width of columns of excel file via DDE when import to SAS?
Dear SAS-L, I am trying to import excel file (one workbook with multipul worksheets) to SAS via DDE. I would like to know the type of every column of excel file(e.g. character,numeric, date and datetime) so I can define them in my SAS dataset. It seems that get.cell(7) function can do a little. But I am not quite sure especially when one column only contains numbers but get.cell(7) return 'general' (I take it as characters type). Could someone give me any advice? Thanks! Helen "Helen" <sunchunkui@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:64ae24c.0401021317.6aff3295@posti...

SAS 9.3
I have used the code below to import csv files on SAS 9.1 without any issues. Recently installed SAS 9.3 and tried using the same code to import but unfortunately it is not importing all columns (log looks ok, no errors). I tried it with few different csv files. It imported 15 out of 20 columns on one and another it imported 21 out of 22 columns. Not sure why it is failing. Same files are importing ok using the same code on SAS 9.1. %let infile_lookup = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\SAS\Test; %macro inportd (csvname=, dsetout=); Proc import out=&dsetout ...

how to know the importing file name from an imported file?
Hi Is there a way to know the name of the script(say A), which is importing a module(say B), from B? ie in above situation i should be able to get name 'A' through some way in B, when A contains an 'import B' statement. -- Thanks & Regards visco Visco Shaun wrote: > Is there a way to know the name of the script(say A), which is importing > a module(say B), from B? > ie in above situation i should be able to get name 'A' through some way > in B, when A contains an 'import B' statement. While import sys print "I'm imported by %r&quo...

running a sas file within a sas file
Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck with the usual help sources. I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. So sas file 1 looks like this... data data; x = 2; ***How do I invoke sas file 2 which sets y = 3 here???*** run; Thanks!!! On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: > Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck > with the usual help sources. > > I just wa...

Import .xlsx files
Is Import capable of reading Excel files stored in the new MSXML file format (.xslx)? A quick trial shows that it is not, but maybe I am not doing something right. I am aware that I could write a function to dig into the .xslx as a zip archive, retrieve the .xml files, and try to extract the cell values, but I am lazy and hoping somebody else did that for me already. dr DanW wrote: > Is Import capable of reading Excel files stored in the new MSXML file > format (.xslx)? A quick trial shows that it is not, but maybe I am > not doing something right. > > I am aw...

importing multiple csv files at one, and creating a new column taking characters from the csv file name
Hi; I am trying import a bunch of datasets, with the same format and extension .csv. They are saved in the same folder, and all named the same way, for instance: Week_JULY21_3456. So I want to import them all, append them, and create a new column id that corresponds to the last 4 characters of each file name. The columns that each csv file has is Obs Datetime x y z where obs is a number with no decimals, datetime is in datetime format, and x, y,z are number with decimals. Besides those column, there will be a new column ID, which will be the 4 last numbers of the csv f...

Re: running a sas file within a sas file
Like Joep wrote: that seems to be the right thing for the macro facility. With %include you are very static. With the macro facility that could be very dynamic. The simplest thing is: you could provide the statements you want to insert as parameter: %macro doit(stmt1=,stmt2=); ..... &stmt1 ..... &stmt2 ..... %mend; %doit(stmt1=%str(y=sqrt(y);), stmt2=%str(if y<2 then y=2;) ); with many other things you can do, e.g. conditional creating of statements, naming variables by parameters, create multiple statements with macro loops and much more. On the other hand: if you wan...

Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File
Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby See %include -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]On Behalf Of tobyrathgeb@stanford.edu Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:42 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby __________________________________...

Can I construct this process in SAS session (unzip csv files,import,name dataset if and delete upzipped files) ?
Hi, Can I do this in SAS? 1.Unzip a zip file (containing various delimited .csv files) 2.Import the files into SAS. 3.Name the dataset depending on if the file name contains 'xxx' 4.delete the .csv files after importing Apologies in advance as I am not very experienced with loops and arrays if that is what's needed. Thanks Lee "SAS User" <sasuser2010@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:ec00a638-4f85-4d1e-8a9a-6a0db42ddf07@c33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can I do this in SAS? > > 1.Unzip a zip file (containing various delimited .csv...

Importing .xlsx files in parallels
Hi, I am operating Matlab 7.11.0 windows version through parallels on my Mac. I am working on a data set that automatically outputs a separate .xlsx file for each trial, and each file has a set format, which includes several lines of header. I dont specifically need any of this header data, but I do want to be able to systematically import each file and take out the data I need. The problem is that I have Microsoft Office for mac, and so it seems that matlab wont let me import .xlsx files, nor will it let me import .xls files with and character data in it. Is there any way to do this witho...

Importing xlsx file as variable
Hello Can I import xlsx file as a variable in the workspace and save it as a mat file? "Anjana " <anju420@gmail.com> wrote in message <jvdj5a$564$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello > > Can I import xlsx file as a variable in the workspace and save it as a mat file? doc xlsread. But as far as I know, it still doesn't officially support xlsx, although I have been able sometimes to import xlsx files. I do a Save As in Excel to Excel 97-2003. Unless the spreadsheet has features that aren't supported in that version, it will work just fine. Ba...

Web resources about - How to import a .xlsx file over 256 columns? - comp.soft-sys.sas

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column (typography) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In typography , a column is one or more vertical blocks of content positioned on a page, separated by gutters and/or rules . Columns are most ...

Column 8
&quot;Those who are not native speakers of English,&quot; (&quot;priceless&quot; and &quot;worthless&quot;, Column 8, Tuesday), &quot;might be ...

Jets column: Cheveldayoff's big gamble with Byfuglien
The big rearguard may not have been 100 per cent, but he was out there in the Winnipeg Jets' 1-0 victory over the Minnesota Wild Friday night. ...

RD Recap: Penthouse Ends Print Run; Phil Kadner Ends Column
... group of reporters, not to mention good friends,” Gehrke, who also interned at the Examiner, told FishbowlDC… Phil Kadner writes his last column ...

Price Drop: Column Division
Column Division 3.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.0 ( iTunes ) Description: This math app can be used ...

Column: Glenn Frey's legacy extends to Aspen Junior Golf
Aspen Times Column: Glenn Frey's legacy extends to Aspen Junior Golf Aspen Times Rohrbaugh, one of Colorado's most decorated PGA club pros, ...

Jeremy Clarkson blames Twitter for the backlash over his column about transgender people
Jeremy Clarkson has blamed Twitter for the backlash over his column in The Sunday Times that appeared to deride transgender people. In a new ...

Tim O'Sullivan column: From start to finish, the Patriots were finished
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: From start to finish, the Patriots were finished Concord Monitor Ward also got away with an unnecessary ...