Re: '^=' and '~='? #9

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:58:21 -0600, Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Yeah, <> works in PROC SQL, wasn't sure about elsewhere... thanks for
>confirmation!  Didn't know about the MAX operator, that's interesting.
hi,
In proc SQL, I do get a note saying that:
  NOTE: The "<>" operator is interpreted as "not equals".

In general, i find that we have different sas expressions, mostly identical
one another. Still, there remain definite differences among all of these
expressions:

(1) data step expressions
(2) where statement expressions
(3) sql-expressions used in proc sql
(4) macro expressions

this is a less than ideal situation :-) but this may be an inevitable
consequence of sas' being around for a long time.
cheers,
chang
0
chang_y_chung (1975)