  From: Mary=20
  To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20
  Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:09 PM
  Subject: Re: Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET

  A view helps on deletes, but I wonder how it affects performance of =
querying the data- wouldn't storing the data in 24 different locations =
cause a significant slowdown in perfomance upon querying the data versus =
having it all in one table that is indexed?  If this data is queryied a =
lot but only deleted once a month, the time in querying (which probably =
is in peak time) could be much more important than the time in deleting =
(which could be run when the computer is not busy, such as nights or =
weekends). =20

  -Mary
0
mlhoward (1803)