Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #12

OK, now I get it.  You don't know that you already have what you need.

In your example you say...

Suppose I have this code:
%macro xyz;
  data temp.temp4;
  .do some sas stuff.
run;
%mend;

So you have it you don't need to get it you've already got it.  The
formatting that you desire is right there, no problem.

If the macro is in aggregate storage location then you also "have it".
 It is waiting be auto called, read with infile, or opened with an
editor.

If it is stored compiled and the source was saved you can look at the
source just as Andre suggested using %copy.

If calling the macro with RESOLVE returns gt 32767 characters what do
you do then?

You could read the compiled macro from the work.sasmacr.  Limited
testing suggests that the formatting you desire is preserved in the
catalog entry.

filename ft56f001 catalog 'work.sasmacr.<NAME>.macro';
data _null_;
   infile ft56f001;
   input;
   list;