Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #4

Something like this should be possible as I have done it in the past. Note
the "site filetype=jes" which submits your JCL/SAS Program to the MVS
internal reader.

ftp -nv hostname << EOT
user userid/password
ascii
lcd jcldirectory
site filetype=jes
put sasjobwithjcl
quit
EOT

You should get back something like "250 Transfer completed successfully"
and "known to JES as <jobnumber>"

MM