From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ken
Barz
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 10:41 AM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: SAS/Access Opinions

It looks like we're finally going to leap into the 20th century (21st
maybe some day) and get the ability to have our SAS connect to a
real-live database.  We know we're going to connect to a SQL Server
database.  However, we're making another purchase that may wind up
sitting on Oracle.  I've worked before with the ODBC SAS/Access product
so I have a feel for that.  Does anyone have an opinion on the value of
that versus the OLEDB version versus the database specific varieties?
We're a Windows shop and one of the SQL Server databases we'll actually
have to hit across the internet if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Ken
0
savian001 (795)