f



Spectre for Windows - this weekend

I am working on porting my Spectre clinical reporting system over to
Windows. Things are progressing rapidly. This weekend (24-25 Feb 2007)
I will have a release that should at least run on Windows. It won't be
able to create bookmarked PDFs as yet and I still can't get it to send
me emails but I'll get round to working on that later.

For Spectre to work on a Windows PC, Cygwin will be required so that
its scripts can run. This is explained in the FAQ.

I am using SAS Learning Edition 4.1so if you have that you should be
OK.

If you want to install the Windows version of Spectre then you could
start now by installing Cygwin, deciding on your directory structure
for Clinical reporting and looking into what Spectre can do. There is
a lot that is of use on the FAQ page if you are thinking of setting up
Spectre on your PC. The main page can be linked to below.

http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/

0
rolandberry (1870)
2/22/2007 9:20:52 AM
comp.soft-sys.sas 142827 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
308 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

On 22 Feb, 10:20, "RolandRB" <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on porting my Spectre clinical reporting system over to
> Windows. Things are progressing rapidly. This weekend (24-25 Feb 2007)
> I will have a release that should at least run on Windows. It won't be
> able to create bookmarked PDFs as yet and I still can't get it to send
> me emails but I'll get round to working on that later.
>
> For Spectre to work on a Windows PC, Cygwin will be required so that
> its scripts can run. This is explained in the FAQ.
>
> I am using SAS Learning Edition 4.1so if you have that you should be
> OK.
>
> If you want to install the Windows version of Spectre then you could
> start now by installing Cygwin, deciding on your directory structure
> for Clinical reporting and looking into what Spectre can do. There is
> a lot that is of use on the FAQ page if you are thinking of setting up
> Spectre on your PC. The main page can be linked to below.
>
> http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/

It's ready now. Still more work to do but it is running on Windows OK
on my PC with SAS/LE 4.1 and Cygwin. For a status report, see the FAQ.

http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/


0
rolandberry (1870)
2/23/2007 12:21:16 AM
On 23 Feb, 01:21, "RolandRB" <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 Feb, 10:20, "RolandRB" <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I am working on porting mySpectreclinical reporting system over to
> > Windows. Things are progressing rapidly. This weekend (24-25 Feb 2007)
> > I will have a release that should at least run on Windows. It won't be
> > able to create bookmarked PDFs as yet and I still can't get it to send
> > me emails but I'll get round to working on that later.
>
> > ForSpectreto work on a Windows PC, Cygwin will be required so that
> > its scripts can run. This is explained in the FAQ.
>
> > I am using SAS Learning Edition 4.1so if you have that you should be
> > OK.
>
> > If you want to install the Windows version ofSpectrethen you could
> > start now by installing Cygwin, deciding on your directory structure
> > for Clinical reporting and looking into whatSpectrecan do. There is
> > a lot that is of use on the FAQ page if you are thinking of setting up
> >Spectreon your PC. The main page can be linked to below.
>
> >http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/
>
> It's ready now. Still more work to do but it is running on Windows OK
> on my PC with SAS/LE 4.1 and Cygwin. For a status report, see the FAQ.
>
> http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/


Hi Roland

I have a question regarding being able to use SPECTRE. I understand
you developed this from SAS/LE 4.1
but I thought this is only for learning purposes. That is the license
for this would not allow you to do development ?

Also I think even if you have SAS Analytical Pro license what ever you
developed SAS Institute will have the Copyright
to it. I am not 100% sure about this but I think someone on this user
group mentioned something about this before.

As far as I am aware the personal SAS license will only allow you to
use on your OWN data ? So say if you take
your SPECTRE and use it from Client to Client and charge them for your
services - the license does not allow you
to do this.


Does anyone have a cleared understanding on SAS licensing ???


Regards
Chen










0
cyew07 (13)
4/23/2007 2:35:04 AM
Reply: