Spectre for Windows

You may or may not be aware that I have webbed an entire *free*
clinical reporting system thatuses SAS software at the address below.
People are discovering it for the first time even 8 months after its
release.

http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/

Although its reporting macros work on any platform, it was written to
run on a Unix platform and has all the scripts to go with it as you
would expect (plus a whole lot more). I am thinking of converting the
scripts to python so that it can run on a Windows platform in much the
same way that it now runs on a Unix platform (somewhere deep in the
heart of Europe). This will take me about a man-month and an elapsed
time of about six month to do it if I embark on this task. But if I
did, would anyone seriously use it? And if you are serious about using
it if I do then have you got any thoughts about how it should run on
Windows, bearing in mind that I want this to be a common system across
the whole of the pharmaceutical industry (yes, I know it's a dream but
at least it is somebody else's dream)?

0
rolandberry (1870)

On 1 Feb, 17:56, "RolandRB" <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You may or may not be aware that I have webbed an entire *free*
> clinical reporting system thatuses SAS software at the address below.
> People are discovering it for the first time even 8 months after its
> release.
>
> http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/
>
> Although its reporting macros work on any platform, it was written to
> run on a Unix platform and has all the scripts to go with it as you
> would expect (plus a whole lot more). I am thinking of converting the
> scripts to python so that it can run on a Windows platform in much the
> same way that it now runs on a Unix platform (somewhere deep in the
> heart of Europe). This will take me about a man-month and an elapsed
> time of about six month to do it if I embark on this task. But if I
> did, would anyone seriously use it? And if you are serious about using
> it if I do then have you got any thoughts about how it should run on
> Windows, bearing in mind that I want this to be a common system across
> the whole of the pharmaceutical industry (yes, I know it's a dream but
> at least it is somebody else's dream)?

This is a serious offer, BTW. It must be obvious that if I commit one
month of my time to do this then I need the commitment of other
parties to bring this about. I am not asking for money and nor am I
offering it. I just want the right parties to make it worth doing.

0
rolandberry (1870)