f



GUI automation test tool for JAVA/Java based web pages on Linux

Hi,

Please read my requirement:
I have a site that is run using Tomcat(Apache) and the contents of the site
are linked to a PSQL database. there are 2 frames in the front window(F1 & F2)
The F1 frame which is at the left side, has some hyperlinks; on clicking they
open in the frame F2.

In the opened pages, I feed some data, delete some data and retrieve some data.
I need an automated test tool that will feed the data to these Java based pages,
and collect the output from these pages.
Please let me know if you have come across some tools.

Regards,
Anil.
0
anilby (27)
11/10/2004 1:56:42 PM
comp.software.testing 5261 articles. 1 followers. debbymelton (5) is leader. Post Follow

3 Replies
746 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

anilby@gmail.com (Anil) wrote in message news:<631ba398.0411100556.43c06eba@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> 
> Please read my requirement:
> I have a site that is run using Tomcat(Apache) and the contents of the site
> are linked to a PSQL database. there are 2 frames in the front window(F1 & F2)
> The F1 frame which is at the left side, has some hyperlinks; on clicking they
> open in the frame F2.
> 
> In the opened pages, I feed some data, delete some data and retrieve some 
> data.  I need an automated test tool that will feed the data to these 
> Java based pages, and collect the output from these pages.
> Please let me know if you have come across some tools.
> 
> Regards,
> Anil.

The eValid website testing system would be ideal for this because its
testing is done entirely from within a Test Enabled Web Browser.  eValid
can test any kind of website -- static or dynamic -- because it looks
at what is sent from the server into the browser.  eValid handles frames
and iframes without difficulty.

eValid has a variety of ways to vary the input data that these pages
will need, and eValid also has a rich set of validation commands to
affirm content on the output.  

A complete description of eValid, including how to obtain an evaluation
copy, can be found at http://www.e-valid.com.
0
info42 (135)
11/10/2004 8:41:06 PM
info@e-valid.com (S R) wrote in message news:<e3992c95.0411101241.2762ae9b@posting.google.com>...
> anilby@gmail.com (Anil) wrote in message news:<631ba398.0411100556.43c06eba@posting.google.com>...
> > Hi,
> > 
> > Please read my requirement:
> > I have a site that is run using Tomcat(Apache) and the contents of the site
> > are linked to a PSQL database. there are 2 frames in the front window(F1 & F2)
> > The F1 frame which is at the left side, has some hyperlinks; on clicking they
> > open in the frame F2.
> > 
> > In the opened pages, I feed some data, delete some data and retrieve some 
> > data.  I need an automated test tool that will feed the data to these 
> > Java based pages, and collect the output from these pages.
> > Please let me know if you have come across some tools.
> > 
> > Regards,
> > Anil.
> 
> The eValid website testing system would be ideal for this because its
> testing is done entirely from within a Test Enabled Web Browser.  eValid
> can test any kind of website -- static or dynamic -- because it looks
> at what is sent from the server into the browser.  eValid handles frames
> and iframes without difficulty.
> 
> eValid has a variety of ways to vary the input data that these pages
> will need, and eValid also has a rich set of validation commands to
> affirm content on the output.  
> 
> A complete description of eValid, including how to obtain an evaluation
> copy, can be found at http://www.e-valid.com.

Thanks for the reply. I guess this will suit my needs.
But I was looking for a opensource/free software which I can download
and customize. Please let me know if you have come across such tool.

Regards,
Anil
0
anilby (27)
11/11/2004 4:31:43 AM
anilby@gmail.com (Anil) wrote in message news:<631ba398.0411102031.472919a8@posting.google.com>...
> info@e-valid.com (S R) wrote in message news:<e3992c95.0411101241.2762ae9b@posting.google.com>...
> > anilby@gmail.com (Anil) wrote in message news:<631ba398.0411100556.43c06eba@posting.google.com>...
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > Please read my requirement:
> > > I have a site that is run using Tomcat(Apache) and the contents of the site
> > > are linked to a PSQL database. there are 2 frames in the front window(F1 & F2)
> > > The F1 frame which is at the left side, has some hyperlinks; on clicking they
> > > open in the frame F2.
> > > 
> > > In the opened pages, I feed some data, delete some data and retrieve some 
> > > data.  I need an automated test tool that will feed the data to these 
> > > Java based pages, and collect the output from these pages.
> > > Please let me know if you have come across some tools.
> > > 
> > > Regards,
> > > Anil.
> > 
> > The eValid website testing system would be ideal for this because its
> > testing is done entirely from within a Test Enabled Web Browser.  eValid
> > can test any kind of website -- static or dynamic -- because it looks
> > at what is sent from the server into the browser.  eValid handles frames
> > and iframes without difficulty.
> > 
> > eValid has a variety of ways to vary the input data that these pages
> > will need, and eValid also has a rich set of validation commands to
> > affirm content on the output.  
> > 
> > A complete description of eValid, including how to obtain an evaluation
> > copy, can be found at http://www.e-valid.com.
> 
> Thanks for the reply. I guess this will suit my needs.
> But I was looking for a opensource/free software which I can download
> and customize. Please let me know if you have come across such tool.
> 
> Regards,
> Anil


Have a look at :- 
SAMIE - http://samie.sourceforge.net/
or, if you prefer python (as I do), try 
PAMIE - http://pamie.sourceforge.net/

They are not specifically testing tools, although they can be used to
help automate your testing by customising them yourself.

Mark.
0
markferg (55)
11/11/2004 11:56:47 AM
Reply: