HeRest-error

While using the HERest command as follows,

/tmp/bin/HERest -C etc/config -I etc/phones0.mlf -t 250.0 150.0 1000.0
-S etc/train.scp -H model/hmm0/macros -H model/hmm0/hmmdefs -M hmm1
model/hmm0/monophones

I got the following error message:

HMM Def Error: LoadHMMSet: Inconsistent HMM macro name at line 1/col 0/
char -1 in /localdisk/sulyman/myexperiments/simpleasr/model/hmm0/
hmmdefs
  ERROR [+7050]  HMError:
  ERROR [+2321]  Initialise: LoadHMMSet failed

Though I have manually copied the file hmmdefs many times, to ensure
that each line is well terminated to remove the effect of copy and
paste in the text file.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this????.

Thanks.
comp.speech.research 1026 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Oct 26, 7:56=A0pm, Sulyman <amudasuly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While using the HERest command as follows,
>
> /tmp/bin/HERest -C etc/config -I etc/phones0.mlf -t 250.0 150.0 1000.0
> -S etc/train.scp -H model/hmm0/macros -H model/hmm0/hmmdefs -M hmm1
> model/hmm0/monophones
>
> I got the following error message:
>
> HMM Def Error: LoadHMMSet: Inconsistent HMM macro name at line 1/col 0/
> char -1 in /localdisk/sulyman/myexperiments/simpleasr/model/hmm0/
> hmmdefs
> =A0 ERROR [+7050] =A0HMError:
> =A0 ERROR [+2321] =A0Initialise: LoadHMMSet failed
>
> Though I have manually copied the file hmmdefs many times, to ensure
> that each line is well terminated to remove the effect of copy and
> paste in the text file.

Suliman, please learn basic things:

1. Learn to read the messages of application, here it clearly states
you that the format of your HMM model file is not correct.
most likely the name of phone has some strange symbols

2. Learn to provide as much information as possible. It's hard to give
precise answer on your question without looking at your HMM model
file. Share it and give a link on it so we could look inside and help
you with your problem.

3. Learn to point the versions of packages you are using, in
particular HTK version.

4. Learn to ask questions in proper place. htk-users mailing list is
an appropriate place to ask such questions, this group is not.
0
nshm