VTLN in HTK

I am a fresher in speech recognition. I want to apply VTLN to
telephone speech corpus.

according to HTKBook, at first, I set the configuration variable
WARPFREQ 0.8 ,  run the tools hcopy to get mfcc, and run herest to get
a hmm  model;

Then change WARPFREQ 0.85, run hcopy again to get another mfcc, run
herest with single pass re-estimate above the first HMM model

but i find the output of herest no change :
Reestimation complete
     - average log prob per frame = -1.088801e+002
     - total frames seen          = 1.392573e+006

i don't know how to do next?
is it wrong with my experiments about VTLN in HTK?
WARPFREQ should be estimate individually or only one WARPFREQ value
exist  globally ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks
0
ai
7/29/2010 9:46:46 AM
comp.speech.research 1026 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow