Voting is now open in the RISC OS Awards 2016

The annual RISC OS Awards poll undertaken by RISCOSitory on the RISC OS
Awards website is now open once again for votes:

                http://www.riscosawards.co.uk/vote2016.html

For the next couple of months, you have the opportunity to vote for your
favourite piece of software, the show you enjoyed the most, the project
you find most interesting, and more besides.

For most of the categories there are from four to six initial
suggestions along with a short text entry field. You can therefore
either choose one of the options as presented, by selecting the relevant
one, or you can use the text field to vote for something else - to do
this, just select the 'alternative option' and enter your choice in the
text field.

While the options on the form will not change, the alternative
suggestions will be periodically reviewed, and - depending on their
number - some may be highlighted in posts on RISCOSitory, and on the
@RISCOSitory Twitter feed to serve as ideas for others.

All of the categories also have a "No opinion" option, which is selected
by default - if you feel that you have no way to form an opinion in any
given category, you can leave this option selected rather than be forced
to vote for something.

The one exception, is the 'Best overall contributor' category, for
which no suggestions have been made. For this category, there is only
the text field. You can use this to vote for whoever, or whichever
company, you feel deserves recognition for their overal contribution to
the RISC OS platform. If you don't want to vote for anyone in this
category, simply leave the field blank.

Combined with the awards poll is a simple survey, designed to form a
picture of the RISC OS landscape - but while it is a part of the same
overall form, you can choose to skip the survey entirely, or only answer
those questions you feel comfortable answering: Every question of the
includes an "I'd rather not say" option, which is selected by default.

The voting form will remain online from now until late February, giving
you two months to make your choices and cast your votes, with the
results of the awards poll expected to be published in March, and the
results of the survey a little later.

--
Vince M Hudd
RISCOSitory - www.riscository.com

a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to csaa@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net
0
Vince
12/18/2016 2:21:54 PM
comp.sys.acorn.announce 3750 articles. 2 followers. davehigton (2157) is leader. Post Follow

In article <ap.8f9d3855f0.a701a0a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk>,
   Vince M Hudd <news@riscository.com> wrote:

> Combined with the awards poll is a simple survey, designed to form a
> picture of the RISC OS landscape - but while it is a part of the same
> overall form, you can choose to skip the survey entirely, or only answer
> those questions you feel comfortable answering: Every question of the
> includes an "I'd rather not say" option, which is selected by default.

You've missed an answer option from q14 in the survey: Yes but I have
other commitments when the usergroup meets!

Dave

--
Dave Stratford - ZFCB
http://daves.orpheusweb.co.uk/

0
Dave
12/21/2016 12:33:43 AM
On 21/12/16 00:33, Dave Stratford wrote:
> In article <ap.8f9d3855f0.a701a0a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk>,
>    Vince M Hudd <news@riscository.com> wrote:

[...]

> You've missed an answer option from q14 in the survey: Yes but I have
> other commitments when the usergroup meets!

You're right - that's a fairly obvious one that I hadn't thought of.
It's too late to change it now, but I'll add it to the template in
readiness for next year (if I continue with the survey part[1]).

For this year, it's probably just easiest to leave the default option
("I'd rather not say") selected.

I've already had a similar comment about an option that could/should be
there on the ROOL forum, so what I've also added ready for next time (if
I do it) is an additional text field for some questions so that if the
option(s) are insufficient, people can specify an alternative.

[1] See https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/5/topics/6782 for why I
considered dropping it this year.

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk