Amiga 1200: CTRL+Amiga+Amiga reset does not work

Hello all,

I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.

What could be the problem?

--
 Microsoft Corp is prohibited from redistributing this work
0

Antti Pyykko <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote in

> Hello all,
>
> I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
> keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.
>
> What could be the problem?

One of the keys is dead?
0
Couch
8/9/2008 1:28:37 PM
"Antti Pyykko" <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
> keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.
>
> What could be the problem?

A dead key, or a problem with the reset trigger circuit on the keyboard.

0
Clocky
8/9/2008 10:35:16 PM
On 2008-08-09, Antti Pyykko <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote:
> I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
> keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.

Turns out the answer was simpler than I thought. I decided to open
up the keyboard and found out that the contact membrane was badly
smudged and stained.

I gave it a good cleaning and now the keyboard reset works again.