1084 on 128?

Hey anyone know if a 128 will work with a 1084 on both modes?  it has
two DIN connectors just like my 1902 but no 128 to test..

0
awhost (5)

I used my 1080 in both 40/80 columns on both my 128 and the 128D until I got
my 1902.
Only problem with the 1080 is it has Amiga written on it. ;-)

<awhost@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey anyone know if a 128 will work with a 1084 on both modes?  it has
> two DIN connectors just like my 1902 but no 128 to test..

0
C64ER
5/5/2007 8:36:49 PM
On Sat, 5 May 2007, awhost@gmail.com wrote:

> Hey anyone know if a 128 will work with a 1084 on both modes?  it has
> two DIN connectors just like my 1902 but no 128 to test..

It sure will and does an excellent job (just as good as the 1902)
                      Joe

0
Joseph
5/5/2007 10:13:06 PM
awhost@gmail.com wrote on 05. May 2007:

> Hey anyone know if a 128 will work with a 1084 on both modes?  it has
> two DIN connectors just like my 1902 but no 128 to test..

That I did have in 1986. :-)
=2D-=20
Andreas
My      Commodore     64     classic     game     music     page      at
http://freenet-homepage.de/ankman/sid.html
0
Andreas
5/5/2007 10:51:58 PM
On May 5, 2:15 pm, awh...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey anyone know if a 128 will work with a 1084 on both modes?
> it has two DIN connectors just like my 1902 but no 128 to test..

The round monitor DIN port labeled TTL RGB should be connected to
the C128(D) DB 9 pin RGBI port.  Usually, this RGB monitor port
accepts an 8 pin plug.  The RGB 8 pin plug won't go into the C128
round composite 8 pin video port.  Some monitor RGB ports are DB
9 pin ports of either gender.  Most Commodore monitors with DB 9
pin ports have a switch that toggles between TTL (C128) and analog
(AMIGA) RGB modes.  Some monitors accept the AMIGA RGB video
signal through a round 6 pin DIN plug labeled analog RGB.  The 6 pin
DIN plug on a 1902 accepts the audio / luma / chroma signals from
either a newer C64 or a C128.  Magnovox RGB clone monitors have this
6 pin port blocked and have a more standard 2 A / V RCA jack setup.

0
rusure
5/6/2007 2:07:46 AM
My 1084 came with three cables, one for the Amiga, one for C64/128 40-
column mode, and one for C128 80-column mode.  Until my monitor died a
few months ago it worked great on my C128.

0
PhotoJim
5/6/2007 2:50:12 AM
On May 5, 8:50 pm, PhotoJim <j...@photojim.ca> wrote:
> My 1084 came with three cables, one for the Amiga, one for
> C64/128 40- column mode, and one for C128 80-column mode.  Until
> my monitor died a few months ago it worked great on my C128.

Currently, I have no need for them but somebody here may appreciate
some deal where you would trade any unused video cables
for cash or merchandise.  Those monitor cables are rare now.

0
rusure
5/6/2007 1:26:24 PM
<awhost@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey anyone know if a 128 will work with a 1084 on both modes?  it has
> two DIN connectors just like my 1902 but no 128 to test..

Just to add my own feedback : it works, indeed. That's what I use here
with my 128D. Bought the 1084 back in 1988 for my Amiga 500 and although
the contrast is a bit low now, it still works fine.

--
[SbM]
<http://sebastienmarty.free.fr> - <http://tradintosh.free.fr>