C4 Hilariousness

So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:

from	Anonymous <cripto@ecn.org>
to	mgladson@gmail.com
date	Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
subject	C4 commodore show
mailed-by	ecn.org

hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)

Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
year it'll end up broken hard.

Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
to what a would-be assailant would be up against....

http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/

Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....
-1
Dragos

"Dragos" wrote on Fri, 7 May 2010 19:05:23 -0700 (PDT):

> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....

Nice.  I carry a Walther PPS .40S&W.  Wonder if this guy knows the
show is in a shall-issue state.  Wish I could make it -- just too much
going on this year.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
On May 7, 10:20=A0pm, Brandon Staggs <nos...@a.b.c> wrote:
> "Dragos" wrote on Fri, 7 May 2010 19:05:23 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....
>
> Nice. =A0I carry a Walther PPS .40S&W. =A0Wonder if this guy knows the
> show is in a shall-issue state. =A0Wish I could make it -- just too much
> going on this year.
>
> --
> -Brandon
> =A0http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html

I typically carry the .45, I really like the 1911s, but the Jericho
(formerly baby desert eagle) is an awesome gun, most accurate I have
shot.
0
Dragos
5/8/2010 2:24:52 AM
Dragos wrote:
> So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>
> from Anonymous <cripto@ecn.org>
> to mgladson@gmail.com
> date Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
> subject C4 commodore show
> mailed-by ecn.org
>
> hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)
>
> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
> year it'll end up broken hard.
>

> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
> to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>
> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>
> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....

Real men don't need guns..

0
Clocky
5/8/2010 5:32:48 AM
On May 8, 12:32 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Real men don't need guns..

Real men like to have them anyway.
0
commodorejohn
5/8/2010 12:29:41 PM
"Clocky" wrote on Sat, 8 May 2010 13:32:48 +0800:

> Real men don't need guns..

So, a "real man" is simply a victim of the "non-real man" who has a
gun?

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/8/2010 1:09:09 PM
On May 8, 1:32=A0am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
Real men don't need guns..

Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
view....  Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....

I hope someone doesn't try that whole real man theory on me someday,
be a painful amount of explaining to the coroner what happened.....

0
Dragos
5/8/2010 3:29:14 PM
On May 8, 11:29=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 8, 1:32=A0am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Real men don't need guns..
>
> Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
> view.... =A0Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....
>
> I hope someone doesn't try that whole real man theory on me someday,
> be a painful amount of explaining to the coroner what happened.....

Likewise!!  "Real men" (that are free to carry) like to be prepared.
Remember the Five P's:  Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
(Or death in this case)
0
Hellion_1
5/8/2010 3:48:44 PM
Brandon Staggs wrote:
> "Clocky" wrote on Sat, 8 May 2010 13:32:48 +0800:
>
>> Real men don't need guns..
>
> So, a "real man" is simply a victim of the "non-real man" who has a
> gun?

I'm not sure you're going to understand how insane this looks from the
outside looking in but threats of violence for attending and waving guns in
the air...  it's a retro computer show FFS.

0
Clocky
5/8/2010 3:51:47 PM
Dragos wrote:
> On May 8, 1:32 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Real men don't need guns..
>

> Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
> view....  Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....

Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.

0
Clocky
5/8/2010 5:53:03 PM
> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.

Actually it does.   I can sum this up in one easy example.  How many
times have we seen news headlines about a maniac walking into a school
or chuch (both are gun-free zones) and shooting dozens of people?  Now
how many times have you seen a headline saying, "Man walks into
shooting range, kills 34 people, wounds 16 others"  ???  I think the
answer is pretty clear.

I carry a gun with me everywhere I go (except for in my daughter's
school - stupid gun free zone)  I either take my Glock 9mm or my
little .380 pocket pistol depending on what I'm wearing.
0
David
5/8/2010 7:01:52 PM
> I carry a gun with me everywhere I go (except for in my daughter's
> school - stupid gun free zone) =A0I either take my Glock 9mm or my
> little .380 pocket pistol depending on what I'm wearing.

Here, if you are dropping off or picking up at school and remain in
the car, you can have your firearm.

>Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.

I don't care what brainwashing you have had by your local governments,
there are clear studies that show when the general populace is
disarmed violent crime rises.....

I also don't give a shit if you don't like the fact I carry a firearm,
I am going to do it forever, the government(or anyone else for that
matter) will pry my gun from my cold dead hands...

0
Dragos
5/8/2010 8:54:59 PM
On May 8, 10:51=A0am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure you're going to understand how insane this looks from the
> outside looking in but threats of violence for attending and waving guns =
in
> the air... =A0it's a retro computer show FFS.

Looks like the threat of violence was made before the target of that
threat 'waved his gun in the air'. Therefore, Dragos is simply
defending himself from a very real threat.

There are idiots everywhere, even computer shows obviously. And I
don't know what kind of protected neighborhood you grew up in clock
but many innocent people are victimized by younger, angrier, more
aggressive and/or stronger people looking to use physical force to
take advantage. There's not much you can do after a 300 pound
guerrilla attacks you, no matter how good a fighter you imagine
yourself to be. Maybe the thug who wrote that note is just a peewee
size prick with a big mouth, but better to be safe than sorry imo.
0
christianlott1
5/8/2010 9:34:15 PM
Yeah... owning a gun is a sure sign of your own insecurity and nothing more.

And when or if you ever DO get to use it, enjoy your time in jail.

Sean.

"Dragos" <mgladson@gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 8, 1:32 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
Real men don't need guns..

Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
view....  Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....

I hope someone doesn't try that whole real man theory on me someday,
be a painful amount of explaining to the coroner what happened.....

0
Sean
5/8/2010 10:01:17 PM
What a stupid argument.

You don't also hear of them going into Home Depot either... and it's not
because people are armed.

People attack schools because that's where their perceived wrong happened.

And the more people who have guns, the more people just end up dead.

In a country where the rule is an eye for an eye, everyone will eventually
be blind.

Sean.

"David Murray" <adric22@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.
>
> Actually it does.   I can sum this up in one easy example.  How many
> times have we seen news headlines about a maniac walking into a school
> or chuch (both are gun-free zones) and shooting dozens of people?  Now
> how many times have you seen a headline saying, "Man walks into
> shooting range, kills 34 people, wounds 16 others"  ???  I think the
> answer is pretty clear.
>
> I carry a gun with me everywhere I go (except for in my daughter's
> school - stupid gun free zone)  I either take my Glock 9mm or my
> little .380 pocket pistol depending on what I'm wearing.

0
Sean
5/8/2010 10:02:33 PM
With an attitude like that, that just might happen...

There are a lot of people like you whom government DOES pry the gun from
their cold, dead hands, after the four-hour stand-off and the eventual death
by cop.

I also don't give a shit if you don't like the fact I carry a firearm,
I am going to do it forever, the government(or anyone else for that
matter) will pry my gun from my cold dead hands...

0
Sean
5/8/2010 10:04:15 PM
I have nothing to add to this topic but this link seems apt: http://xkcd.com/386/
0
Jonno
5/8/2010 11:01:43 PM
> And when or if you ever DO get to use it, enjoy your time in jail.
>
> Sean.

Sorry, since we have not only the right to handgun ownership, but the
right to use deadly force, I would be facing no jail time.  I don't
pull the gun out unless I am at the range, cleaning it or defending
myself from the dregs....  if it comes out, someone is doing something
they shouldn't and should be well aware of the deadly consequences
their actions are likely to provoke.  We have a so-called castle
doctrine here, so woe to one who would seek to do myself or my family
harm.

You can armchair bitch about it and call me names, makes no
difference, the end result will be the same.....
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 12:02:12 AM
see here mr know it all:

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1219831

0
Dragos
5/9/2010 12:03:15 AM
David Murray wrote:
>> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.
>
> Actually it does.   I can sum this up in one easy example.  How many
> times have we seen news headlines about a maniac walking into a school
> or chuch (both are gun-free zones) and shooting dozens of people?  Now
> how many times have you seen a headline saying, "Man walks into
> shooting range, kills 34 people, wounds 16 others"  ???  I think the
> answer is pretty clear.

The answer is clear that a gun mad society like the US will have mass
shootings. They are very rare in countries that have gun restrictions, and
with good reason... guns make idiots think they are invincible.

> I carry a gun with me everywhere I go (except for in my daughter's
> school - stupid gun free zone)  I either take my Glock 9mm or my
> little .380 pocket pistol depending on what I'm wearing.

Madness.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 12:56:09 AM
Sean Huxter wrote:
> With an attitude like that, that just might happen...
>
> There are a lot of people like you whom government DOES pry the gun
> from their cold, dead hands, after the four-hour stand-off and the
> eventual death by cop.

Yeah, that seems to be a trait.

Not surprisingly if you go handing guns to unpredictable and unstable people

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 1:00:22 AM
Sean Huxter wrote:
> What a stupid argument.
>
> You don't also hear of them going into Home Depot either... and it's
> not because people are armed.
>
> People attack schools because that's where their perceived wrong
> happened.
> And the more people who have guns, the more people just end up dead.
>
> In a country where the rule is an eye for an eye, everyone will
> eventually be blind.

That sums it up succinctly.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 1:02:14 AM

> The answer is clear that a gun mad society like the US will have mass
> shootings.

yes, a few hundred years ago, a tiny little country wished that
citzens didn't have firearms.
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 1:11:27 AM
Dragos wrote:
>> And when or if you ever DO get to use it, enjoy your time in jail.
>>
>> Sean.
>
> Sorry, since we have not only the right to handgun ownership, but the
> right to use deadly force, I would be facing no jail time.

I bet there are conditions attached.

  I don't
> pull the gun out unless I am at the range, cleaning it or defending
> myself from the dregs....  if it comes out, someone is doing something
> they shouldn't and should be well aware of the deadly consequences
> their actions are likely to provoke.

You were waving it about in here, in a public forum.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 1:12:04 AM
On May 8, 9:12=A0pm, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Dragos wrote:
> >> And when or if you ever DO get to use it, enjoy your time in jail.
>
> >> Sean.
>
> > Sorry, since we have not only the right to handgun ownership, but the
> > right to use deadly force, I would be facing no jail time.
>
> I bet there are conditions attached.
>
> =A0 I don't
>
> > pull the gun out unless I am at the range, cleaning it or defending
> > myself from the dregs.... =A0if it comes out, someone is doing somethin=
> > they shouldn't and should be well aware of the deadly consequences
> > their actions are likely to provoke.
>
> You were waving it about in here, in a public forum.

Yes, showing pictures is 'waiving them about'

you are such a tool
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 1:16:48 AM
Dragos wrote:
> see here mr know it all:
>
> http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1219831

The would be robber pulled a gun on his intended victims, nobody has pulled
a weapon on you or even suggested they would.

I bet if you killed someone because they gave you a fat lip you would find
yourself doing time.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 1:17:52 AM
Dragos wrote:

>>> Sorry, since we have not only the right to handgun ownership, but
>>> the right to use deadly force, I would be facing no jail time.
>>
>> I bet there are conditions attached.
>>
>> I don't
>>
>>> pull the gun out unless I am at the range, cleaning it or defending
>>> myself from the dregs.... if it comes out, someone is doing
>>> something they shouldn't and should be well aware of the deadly
>>> consequences their actions are likely to provoke.
>>
>> You were waving it about in here, in a public forum.
>
> Yes, showing pictures is 'waiving them about'
>
> you are such a tool

That is a choice I can make, being a fool is something you are stuck with.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 1:44:33 AM
"Clocky" wrote on Sat, 8 May 2010 23:51:47 +0800:

> Brandon Staggs wrote:
>> "Clocky" wrote on Sat, 8 May 2010 13:32:48 +0800:
>>
>>> Real men don't need guns..
>>
>> So, a "real man" is simply a victim of the "non-real man" who has a
>> gun?
>
> I'm not sure you're going to understand how insane this looks from the
> outside looking in but threats of violence for attending and waving guns in
> the air...  it's a retro computer show FFS.

I think it's insane that someone sent him a threatening email.  I
don't think it's insane for him to point out that he is prepare to
defend himself.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/9/2010 2:26:23 AM
"Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 01:53:03 +0800:

> Dragos wrote:
>> On May 8, 1:32 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
>> Real men don't need guns..
>>

>> Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
>> view....  Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....
>
> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.

Actually, it does.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0226493636

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/9/2010 2:27:22 AM
"Sean Huxter" wrote on Sat, 8 May 2010 18:01:17 -0400:

> Yeah... owning a gun is a sure sign of your own insecurity and nothing more.

Do you take the same position on homeowners insurance?

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/9/2010 2:29:47 AM
"Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 09:17:52 +0800:

> I bet if you killed someone because they gave you a fat lip you would find
> yourself doing time.

If he hunted someone down to exact retribution for being beaten,
you're right.

If he shot someone in self-defense, no he wouldn't -- not in a state
where people have the right to own firearms.  No jury around here
would put someone in prison for defending his own life.

You're welcome to rely on police to protect you and your family.
Until I can fit a cop into my waist band, I'll carry a gun.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/9/2010 2:32:02 AM
It's like the people that only carry occasionally.  I would love to
have a danger detector that would allow me to know only the days I
should be prepared to defend myself.

I have not today or any other day, threatened anyone with a firearm.
What I have done is given some people a heads-up that I will take any
and all means necessary to protect myself or my family.

BTW, I bet the Sig in desert camo has a great many people
wondering....  Yes, suppressors are LEGAL in the US :)
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 2:38:47 AM
Clocky wrote on 08. May 2010:

> Brandon Staggs wrote:
>> "Clocky" wrote on Sat, 8 May 2010 13:32:48 +0800:
>>
>>> Real men don't need guns..
>>
>> So, a "real man" is simply a victim of the "non-real man" who has a
>> gun?
>

> I'm not sure you're going to understand how insane this looks from the
> outside looking in but threats of violence for attending and waving guns in
> the air...  it's a retro computer show FFS.

May be they are light guns.

oO
--
Andreas
My      Commodore     64     classic     game     music     page      at
Brandon Staggs wrote:
> "Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 09:17:52 +0800:
>
>> I bet if you killed someone because they gave you a fat lip you
>> would find yourself doing time.
>
> If he hunted someone down to exact retribution for being beaten,
> you're right.
>
> If he shot someone in self-defense, no he wouldn't -- not in a state
> where people have the right to own firearms.  No jury around here
> would put someone in prison for defending his own life.

A fat lip isn't life threatening.

> You're welcome to rely on police to protect you and your family.
> Until I can fit a cop into my waist band, I'll carry a gun.

Pity about all the crackpot gun owners with their own maladjusted sense of
justice.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 3:00:15 AM
Brandon Staggs wrote:
> "Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 01:53:03 +0800:
>
>> Dragos wrote:
>>> On May 8, 1:32 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
>>> Real men don't need guns..
>>>

>>> Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
>>> view....  Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....
>>
>> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.
>
> Actually, it does.

Not in real life it doesn't.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 3:01:50 AM
Brandon Staggs wrote:
> "Clocky" wrote on Sat, 8 May 2010 23:51:47 +0800:
>
>> Brandon Staggs wrote:

>>> So, a "real man" is simply a victim of the "non-real man" who has a
>>> gun?
>>
>> I'm not sure you're going to understand how insane this looks from
>> the outside looking in but threats of violence for attending and
>> waving guns in the air...  it's a retro computer show FFS.
>
> I think it's insane that someone sent him a threatening email.  I
> don't think it's insane for him to point out that he is prepare to
> defend himself.

Insane was the  initial alleged threat and equally insane was the response
in a public group where the threat wasn't even made and how it all relates
to a small enthusiasts event.

Actually, it's probably sadder then it is insane.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 3:24:45 AM
poor small minds

0
Dragos
5/9/2010 3:48:06 AM
Dragos wrote:
> poor small minds

Indeed. Any idea who made the initial threat?

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 4:18:53 AM
no, I am not really concerned, I get those EVERY event....
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 4:37:38 AM
Brandon Staggs schreef:
> "Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 01:53:03 +0800:
>
>> Dragos wrote:
>>> On May 8, 1:32 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
>>> Real men don't need guns..
>>>

>>> Yes, I suppose living in a restrictive country, one might take that
>>> view....  Fortunately I am free to own AND carry and defend....
>> Yeah, because carrying guns make for a safer society... not.
>
> Actually, it does.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/dp/0226493636

http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF01.htm
0
Dombo
5/9/2010 12:03:35 PM
Dragos <mgladson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
> year it'll end up broken hard.
>

> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
> to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>
> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>
> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....

Excellent, he just wanted to punch you in the face, now you've told him to
carry his own gun and shoot your head from long distance if he wants to
safely settle his matters with you.
Youtube fans of "war pr0n" will pay a lot of a snuff filmed at a nerd con,
it's not something you expect everyday.

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-
00-0000SYSTEM ERROR:  press F13 to continue.

0
iAN
5/9/2010 12:54:18 PM
> >http://www.amazon.com/dp/0226493636
>
> http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF01.htm

Also: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310793/
0
Joe
5/9/2010 1:11:13 PM
Well, I hope all you cowards never experience a need for a firearm,
but if you do, you'll be the one loses.  Michael Moore is a moron and
distorts facts and pop culture to get you to buy tickets to his
movies.  A Canadian socialist with an anti-capitalist agenda getting
rich by exploiting capitalism whilst preaching against it.  Hypocrite?
yep....
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 1:51:30 PM
and yes I know the douche was born here, But since he hates America, I
adopted Canada for him....
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 1:52:48 PM
Dragos <mgladson@gmail.com> wrote:
> you cowards

Said the one who needs to show his guns to get some respect. :D

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?

0
iAN
5/9/2010 2:02:41 PM
Dragos wrote:

> So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>
> from	Anonymous <cripto@ecn.org>
> to	mgladson@gmail.com
> date	Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
> subject	C4 commodore show
> mailed-by	ecn.org
>
> hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)
>
> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
> year it'll end up broken hard.
>

> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
> to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>
> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>
> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....

wow. mr LaLonde is coming too ? lol

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, beginnen manche Mauern zu bauen. Andere
bauen Windm�hlen.
<Chinesische Weisheit>

0
Groepaz
5/9/2010 2:35:41 PM
Dragos wrote:

> there are clear studies that show when the general populace is
> disarmed violent crime rises.....

you surely can give some pointers to such studies right? somehow i
remembered it completely the other way around =P

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Das Blockieren oder Filtern bestimmter Internet-Inhalte ist f�r die
Europ�ische Union v�llig inakzeptabel.
<Viviane Reding, EU-Medienkommissarin, geschrieben ins Stammbuch der
chinesischen Regierung im Juni 2009>

0
Groepaz
5/9/2010 2:40:05 PM
Dragos wrote:
> no, I am not really concerned, I get those EVERY event....

Ever wondered why you get those every event?

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 2:51:40 PM
> Said the one who needs to show his guns to get some respect. :D

I neither want nor need respect from anyone here....

Merely a very real response to a cowardly anonymous threat.....

0
Dragos
5/9/2010 2:51:50 PM
iAN CooG wrote:
> Dragos <mgladson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> you cowards
>
> Said the one who needs to show his guns to get some respect. :D

It didn't work.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 2:55:15 PM
Dragos wrote:
> Well, I hope all you cowards never experience a need for a firearm,
> but if you do, you'll be the one loses.  Michael Moore is a moron and
> distorts facts

Ah, like the pro-gun lobby that doesn't?

Get real.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 2:56:58 PM
Groepaz wrote:
> Dragos wrote:
>
>> So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>>
>> from Anonymous <cripto@ecn.org>
>> to mgladson@gmail.com
>> date Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
>> subject C4 commodore show
>> mailed-by ecn.org
>>
>> hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)
>>
>> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
>> year it'll end up broken hard.
>>

>> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless
>> as to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>>
>> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>>
>> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....
>
> wow. mr LaLonde is coming too ? lol

Don't worry, Harry Calahan will be attending to help smooth things out.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 3:00:55 PM
> Ever wondered why you get those every event?

Because "the community" contains an unbelievably high number of
douchebags and morons.  I also say whatever the hell I feel like
saying regardless of peoples fragile egos and feelings....
0
Dragos
5/9/2010 3:05:15 PM
Dragos wrote:
>> Ever wondered why you get those every event?
>
> Because "the community" contains an unbelievably high number of
> douchebags and morons.

Such as?

I also say whatever the hell I feel like
> saying regardless of peoples fragile egos and feelings....

Go on then, name them.

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 3:14:23 PM
"Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 11:00:15 +0800:

> A fat lip isn't life threatening.

What does that have to do with anything?  And how does one know that a
beatdown is going to end with a fat lip, and not with a broken neck?

> Pity about all the crackpot gun owners with their own maladjusted sense of
> justice.

Stop thinking of someone defending themselves as a "jury" or
"executioner."  Someone defending himself is upholding his personal
right to life and liberty.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/9/2010 3:18:29 PM
Damn dude, your really well, stupid.

Not sure what country your from, or why you think your views are best
shared here.

One thing that is pretty clear, you don't know what the hell your
talking about.

Ya, some peeps walk into various places and shoot peeps.  some set off
bombs.    some give poisoned kool aid to peeps.

People kill other people all the time.   Don't matter if they use a
gun, a bomb, or a baseball bat.   it happens.

Here in the USA, we have the right to own firearms, and even carry
them on us.   It's not only to protect ourselves from crime that might
happen, but it's also to protect ourselves from our government going
bad.   In fact, our founding fathers were smart enough to realise that
if they didn't put that into the constitution, that eventually our
government would remove that right.

So basicly, to sum it up:

You are stupid because you are supporting a point of view that isn't
thought out very well.
People kill.  People kill with all sort of things, not just guns.
People will always find a way to kill others, with guns or not.
And that the USA's founding fathers were actually pretty smart, in the
long run.

Oh, and happy Mothers day for all ya 8 bit computing mama's.

On May 8, 6:12=A0pm, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Dragos wrote:
> >> And when or if you ever DO get to use it, enjoy your time in jail.
>
> >> Sean.
>
> > Sorry, since we have not only the right to handgun ownership, but the
> > right to use deadly force, I would be facing no jail time.
>
> I bet there are conditions attached.
>
> =A0 I don't
>
> > pull the gun out unless I am at the range, cleaning it or defending
> > myself from the dregs.... =A0if it comes out, someone is doing somethin=
> > they shouldn't and should be well aware of the deadly consequences
> > their actions are likely to provoke.
>
> You were waving it about in here, in a public forum.

0
nyder
5/9/2010 3:42:22 PM
Blaming guns for deaths is like blaming pencils for misspellings .....

0
Dragos
5/9/2010 4:02:29 PM
iAN CooG schreef:
> Dragos <mgladson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
>> year it'll end up broken hard.
>>

>> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
>> to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>>
>> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>>
>> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....
>
> Excellent, he just wanted to punch you in the face, now you've told him to
> carry his own gun and shoot your head from long distance if he wants to
> safely settle his matters with you.

On the positive side; having an annual shoot-out at a vintage computer
expo would be refreshing change from the annual flamewar with the
sinclair group. C4 does seem to an appropriate name for such an
explosive event ;-)

0
Dombo
5/9/2010 7:10:21 PM
23T3FC68qN8/s400/CrocodileDundeeWithKnife">pic.jpg</a>

Now that's a NOIF!

0
Tone007
5/9/2010 9:40:16 PM
...fail.
0
Tone007
5/9/2010 9:42:29 PM
Tone007 wrote:
> <a
> href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9gn6KLa5xtY/Smh1byWzcbI/AAAAAAAAEtU/
> 23T3FC68qN8/s400/CrocodileDundeeWithKnife">pic.jpg</a>
>
> Now that's a NOIF!

LOL

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 11:51:09 PM
Brandon Staggs wrote:
> "Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 11:00:15 +0800:
>
>> A fat lip isn't life threatening.
>
> What does that have to do with anything?  And how does one know that a
> beatdown is going to end with a fat lip, and not with a broken neck?
>
>> Pity about all the crackpot gun owners with their own maladjusted
>> sense of justice.
>
> Stop thinking of someone defending themselves as a "jury" or
> "executioner."  Someone defending himself is upholding his personal
> right to life and liberty.

Why stop, there are two sides of the same coin..

0
Clocky
5/9/2010 11:54:24 PM
"Clocky" wrote on Mon, 10 May 2010 07:54:24 +0800:

> Brandon Staggs wrote:
>> "Clocky" wrote on Sun, 9 May 2010 11:00:15 +0800:
>>
>>> A fat lip isn't life threatening.
>>
>> What does that have to do with anything?  And how does one know that a
>> beatdown is going to end with a fat lip, and not with a broken neck?
>>
>>> Pity about all the crackpot gun owners with their own maladjusted
>>> sense of justice.
>>
>> Stop thinking of someone defending themselves as a "jury" or
>> "executioner."  Someone defending himself is upholding his personal
>> right to life and liberty.
>
> Why stop, there are two sides of the same coin..

What do you mean?

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/10/2010 2:23:57 AM
* Dragos:
> Well, I hope all you cowards never experience a need for a firearm,

So, not carrying a gun around makes me a *coward* ? With the attitude you've
been displaying here, I'm quite sure it doesn't take an awful lot to
provoke you from waving around that weapon of yours, propably over
nothing.

Not wearing a gun doesn't make you a coward. Wearing one arguably does.
--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org
0
Dragos wrote:
> Blaming guns for deaths is like blaming pencils for misspellings .....

Replace guns with pencils and watch murder rates plummet.

0
Clocky
5/10/2010 10:46:45 AM
> Replace guns with pencils and watch murder rates plummet.

Yes, everyone knows the only reason people are murdered is due to gun
ownership....

0
Dragos
5/10/2010 11:19:49 AM

> Not wearing a gun doesn't make you a coward. Wearing one arguably does.
> --

Or it prepares you for self defense, I know I can't kick everyone's
ass.

you are a coward if you feel that someone carrying a gun is dangerous,
I think you are a fool for your comments about "waving guns around"
because as of yet, I have not had to remove it from its holster, I
hope I never do.  But I will if I have to and I won't be spending a
bunch of time lamenting the fact....

0
Dragos
5/10/2010 11:22:36 AM
* Dragos:
> I think you are a fool for your comments about "waving guns around"
> because as of yet, I have not had to remove it from its holster,

You already did. Publicly.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org
0
Martijn
5/10/2010 11:54:45 AM
On 09/05/2010 14:51, Dragos wrote:

> Well, I hope all you cowards

You're the one posting pictures of guns on a computing newsgroup.

What a knob end.

0
White
5/10/2010 12:24:42 PM

> You already did. Publicly.
>
> --

You are a real tool, posting pictures is not waiving a gun around.

I see that whatever hole you live in has conditioned you well.....

0
Dragos
5/10/2010 12:44:24 PM
> What a knob end.

oh noes... some random douche with an opinion...
0
Dragos
5/10/2010 12:45:04 PM
Dragos wrote:
>> You already did. Publicly.
>>
>> --
>
> You are a real tool, posting pictures is not waiving a gun around.

Posting pictures in a virtual public forum is akin to waving your guns
around in public.

> I see that whatever hole you live in has conditioned you well.....

That comment reveals a lot about you.

0
Clocky
5/10/2010 2:40:14 PM
Dragos wrote:
>> Replace guns with pencils and watch murder rates plummet.
>
> Yes, everyone knows the only reason people are murdered is due to gun
> ownership....

Nobody has actually suggested that, but you clearly have missed the point.

0
Clocky
5/10/2010 2:45:49 PM
"Clocky" wrote on Mon, 10 May 2010 18:46:45 +0800:

> Dragos wrote:
>> Blaming guns for deaths is like blaming pencils for misspellings .....
>
> Replace guns with pencils and watch murder rates plummet.

It doesn't work that way.

The advent of right-to-carry law in states (here in the USA) began
recently, and violent crime has been *falling* as more lawful people
begin to carry weapons.  If your statement were true, violent crime
would have been lower during the time carry was banned.

It's really quite simple:  you have nothing to fear from people who go
through the hoops necessary to carry concealed weapons.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/10/2010 3:15:30 PM

> Posting pictures in a virtual public forum is akin to waving your guns
> around in public.

Of course it is.  Yes, posting pictures is exactly like that, now, all
the offended CSC readers should call the police.

"Hello, Police? yes there is a man waiving his gun around.  Where? oh,
in the internet.  Me? no he never threatened me. Right, he posted a
picture of firearms he owns. There is no law against that? WOW!  You
gun crazed Americans are really wild"

/sarcasm
0
Dragos
5/10/2010 3:29:54 PM
* Brandon Staggs:
> The advent of right-to-carry law in states (here in the USA) began
> recently, and violent crime has been *falling* as more lawful people
> begin to carry weapons.

Completely sidestepping the flaw in your logic (and historic background,
for that matter), this begs one question:

Is an arrogant loudmouth like Dragos "lawful" ? So far, the only evidence is
to the contrary. There goes the last straw of your theory..

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org
0
Martijn
5/10/2010 7:03:11 PM
* Dragos:
> You are a real tool, posting pictures is not waiving a gun around.

Um. Please tell me how I'm supposed to interpret your thinly veiled threats
then.

> I see that whatever hole you live in has conditioned you well.....

Do you ave any point to make? If so, please make it, because so far, all you've
done is insult people, and try to scare them with your weapons. I can't say
your discussion"skills" impress me.

If all you can come up with is more pointless banter, please go away.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org
0
Martijn
5/10/2010 7:09:19 PM

> Is an arrogant loudmouth like Dragos "lawful" ? So far, the only evidence is
> to the contrary. There goes the last straw of your theory..
>
> --
> Martijn van Buul - p...@dohd.org

Really? and what empirical evidence do you have to support this
claim?  none? correct....

Running off at the mouth about things you clearly know nothing about.

If you didn't make the initial threat, I am at a loss as to why you
are so involved in this?  Must be anti-us sentiments rising up.
0
Dragos
5/10/2010 7:12:52 PM
* Dragos:

>  Must be anti-us sentiments rising up.

*headdesk*

I'm not even going to respond to this.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org
0
Martijn
5/10/2010 7:14:28 PM
"Martijn van Buul" wrote on Mon, 10 May 2010 19:03:11 +0000 (UTC):

> * Brandon Staggs:

>> The advent of right-to-carry law in states (here in the USA) began
>> recently, and violent crime has been *falling* as more lawful people
>> begin to carry weapons.
>
> Completely sidestepping the flaw in your logic (and historic background,
> for that matter), this begs one question:

Just to be clear, I am not claiming a causal relationship -- I am
showing that private firearm ownership has no causal relationship with
violent crime -- the idea that banning gun ownership decreases violent
crime like murder is wholly unsupported by the facts.  If anything,
statistics show increased private gun ownership correlating with lower
violent crime, in the United States.

> Is an arrogant loudmouth like Dragos "lawful" ? So far, the only evidence is
> to the contrary. There goes the last straw of your theory..

I have no idea who he is or what he does.  As far as I can tell, all
he's done is post some pictures of his guns.  I've never seen the need
to post pictures of any of my guns, but it certainly doesn't evince an
unlawful attitude.

Unless you possess an irrational fear of handguns, a picture of a
handgun is no more threatening or worrisome than a picture of a
computer.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/10/2010 7:35:40 PM
* Brandon Staggs:
> Unless you possess an irrational fear of handguns, a picture of a
> handgun is no more threatening or worrisome than a picture of a
> computer.

Is it? Maybe I should start posting pictures of my C64 to strengthen my
point in an unrelated discussion - according to the above it conveys
exactly the same meaning.

Somehow, I feel I'll be terribly disappointed by the result though.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org
0
Martijn
5/10/2010 7:40:05 PM
> *headdesk*
>
> I'm not even going to respond to this.
>
> --
> Martijn van Buul - p...@dohd.org

That would be a fucking first....
0
Dragos
5/10/2010 7:40:28 PM
"Martijn van Buul" wrote on Mon, 10 May 2010 19:40:05 +0000 (UTC):

> * Brandon Staggs:
>> Unless you possess an irrational fear of handguns, a picture of a
>> handgun is no more threatening or worrisome than a picture of a
>> computer.
>
> Is it? Maybe I should start posting pictures of my C64 to strengthen my
> point in an unrelated discussion - according to the above it conveys
> exactly the same meaning.

Be reasonable.  I did not say they convey the same meaning.  Re-read
the paragraph you quoted.

Do guns scare you?  They do not scare me, any more than a computer or
a car does.

I suppose the fact that I understand what it means to have a carry
permit gives me an advantage here.  I know that since he has one,
regardless of whether or not he seems like a jerk, he's not someone I
would fear having a gun.  And neither should you.

My first thought when I saw his picture was: "I'm glad I don't carry a
1911, I don't like how easy it is for my clothing to catch on it."  I
take it from some of the responses here that the first thing thought,
irrationally, by others was "ooh, that looks evil, bad, mean,
dangerous!"

Seriously, some of you should do yourselves a favor and go get some
range time.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/10/2010 7:48:49 PM
On May 10, 8:29=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Posting pictures in a virtual public forum is akin to waving your guns
> > around in public.
>
> Of course it is. =A0Yes, posting pictures is exactly like that, now, all
> the offended CSC readers should call the police.
>
> "Hello, Police? yes there is a man waiving his gun around. =A0Where? oh,
> in the internet. =A0Me? no he never threatened me. Right, he posted a
> picture of firearms he owns. There is no law against that? WOW! =A0You
> gun crazed Americans are really wild"
>
> /sarcasm

lol

I love how peeps seem to think stuff on internet actually equals other
crap.   it doesn't.

now, if he posted a vid of him waving his gun around, and linked that,
there might be an argument there.

But he didn't.   In fact, he just mentioned that he happens to carry a
gun around with him always, so if the person who threatened tried to
do something, he's be doing it to an armed person.

What I see is a warning.    He warned that person, and anyways, that
if you want to threaten him and take it to violence, then you better
be prepared because he comes packing.

The thing is, it's was just something he posted for a laugh.   It's
not about him having a gun, it's about the loser who thinks he's Mr.
Internet Tough Guy by threatening him.   Drago's just pointed out that
the person would be in for a surprise.

You (Clocky, and probably your sock puppet account White Spirit)
decided to preach your beliefs to us, wrongly.

We don't really care about what you think, since you apparently don't
do much thinking.    And while your probably in some shit hole of a
country, here in the USA, we do have rights about the crap, and the
smart people use their rights.

So, untwist your panties, accept that your an ass, and either
apologize or quit posting on this subject.   Cause I'm going to stop
being nice shortly and see what I can say to piss you off.

0
nyder
5/11/2010 1:23:04 AM
nyder wrote:
> On May 10, 8:29 am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Posting pictures in a virtual public forum is akin to waving your
>>> guns around in public.
>>
>> Of course it is. Yes, posting pictures is exactly like that, now, all
>> the offended CSC readers should call the police.
>>
>> "Hello, Police? yes there is a man waiving his gun around. Where? oh,
>> in the internet. Me? no he never threatened me. Right, he posted a
>> picture of firearms he owns. There is no law against that? WOW! You
>> gun crazed Americans are really wild"
>>
>> /sarcasm
>
> lol
>
> I love how peeps seem to think stuff on internet actually equals other
> crap.   it doesn't.

Ofcourse it does.

> now, if he posted a vid of him waving his gun around, and linked that,
> there might be an argument there.

It's no different.

> But he didn't.   In fact, he just mentioned that he happens to carry a
> gun around with him always, so if the person who threatened tried to
> do something, he's be doing it to an armed person.
>
> What I see is a warning.    He warned that person, and anyways, that
> if you want to threaten him and take it to violence, then you better
> be prepared because he comes packing.

He also places himself in greater danger by divulging that information
because if the threat is serious the perp now knows he has to pack a gun and
surprise his victim. It seems a particularly dumb thing to reveal if you're
really serious about protecting yourself because you have lost the element
of surprise and upped the stakes at the same time.

> The thing is, it's was just something he posted for a laugh.   It's
> not about him having a gun, it's about the loser who thinks he's Mr.
> Internet Tough Guy by threatening him.   Drago's just pointed out that
> the person would be in for a surprise.

Pity he did it in a public newsgroup where the original threat wasn't made.

> You (Clocky, and probably your sock puppet account White Spirit)

Wrong.

> decided to preach your beliefs to us, wrongly.

In your opinion, which you are entitled to.

> We don't really care about what you think, since you apparently don't
> do much thinking.    And while your probably in some shit hole of a
> country, here in the USA, we do have rights about the crap, and the
> smart people use their rights.

I'm using my right to have an opinion and freedom of expression. You may not
like my opinion or that of anyone else, but if you go and post an opinion in
an international public newsgroup you can expect to get varied responses.

> So, untwist your panties, accept that your an ass, and either
> apologize or quit posting on this subject.   Cause I'm going to stop
> being nice shortly and see what I can say to piss you off.

You're threatening me for expressing an opinion that differs to yours? Wow,
that speaks volumes.

0
Clocky
5/11/2010 9:16:06 AM
>Pity he did it in a public newsgroup where the original threat wasn't made.

Yes, because replying to an anonymous remailer gets your response out
there.... ffs...

you really are a dense one, aren't you?
0
Dragos
5/11/2010 4:24:21 PM
On May 7, 6:05=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>
> Hey ASSWIPE, =A0if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
> year it'll end up broken hard.
>

> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>
> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....

The only c64 I ever owned had a 45 caliber hidden in the case,
pointing
at the user.  I built a circuit to scan the bus and look for the
sequence
"THE END".  The firearm was triggered at this point.  The first guy
that
tried a text adventure ended the project.

0
rich12345
5/11/2010 8:21:10 PM
* Dragos:
>>Pity he did it in a public newsgroup where the original threat wasn't made.
>
> Yes, because replying to an anonymous remailer gets your response out
> there.... ffs...

So we're your gun-waving-at-anonymous-target audience? How low can you
possibly go.

Does this mean I can forward any of my rants at you, too? Pretty please?

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org
0
Martijn
5/11/2010 9:12:05 PM
Dragos wrote:
>> Pity he did it in a public newsgroup where the original threat
>> wasn't made.
>
> Yes, because replying to an anonymous remailer gets your response out
> there.... ffs...

So you walk into a random room and start waving your guns around like a real
intellectual... not.

> you really are a dense one, aren't you?

Clearly not nearly as dense as the one who is justifying his actions here.

It's hardly the first time you have brought your IRC/forum nonsense here
like you're a child desperately needing an audience.

0
Clocky
5/11/2010 11:44:51 PM
* Groepaz <groepaz@gmx.net> wrote:

> Dragos wrote:
>
>> there are clear studies that show when the general populace is
>> disarmed violent crime rises.....
>
> you surely can give some pointers to such studies right? somehow i
> remembered it completely the other way around =P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_rate

Now compare the numbers of the US with numbers of other western
countries where the general population is not armed.

(But I'm sure Dragos will humor us with links to the clear studies
he mentioned.)

--
Lars Haugseth
0

Anyways, here's the thing.

here's the first post, and we are going to go thru it.:

So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:

from    Anonymous <cri...@ecn.org>
to      mglad...@gmail.com
date    Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
subject C4 commodore show
mailed-by       ecn.org

hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)

Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
year it'll end up broken hard.

Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
to what a would-be assailant would be up against....

http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/

Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....

So, as you can see, half of the email was a quote from an anonymous
email.   That person threaten Dragos.   Dragos didn't threaten anyone
at all.

The pictures?  Ammo and some guns.  No threatening captions, and the
guns weren't pointed at the camera.

Yes, your first response is to say:

Real men don't need guns.

Then you go to defend it, and then start making up crap (threatening
and waving the gun crap) to make it sound like your in the right in
what you say about guns make for a safer society (not) stuff.

So, whats up?

If this about opinions and being entitled to your own, what the hell
are you bitching about?   Clearly since where Dragos lives it's lawful
to own guns with permits, he has a right to take pictures of those
guns and show them.  Nothing against the law there. and not
threatening either.  people take pictures of bows & arrows & knifes
all the time.

Anyways, you started off by insulting Dragos for his opinions and
beliefs, then to prove your point, you lie about what he did.   Of
course you are going to argue that you aren't lying, but seriously no
one will believe that.   It's very apparent Dragos did not threaten
anyone, yet that was half of your major argument.   Now the pics,
well, while I don't consider it "waving guns in the air"  i mean,
after all, he could of very well downloaded the pics and not even own
a gun.   Of course, I don't believe that, but it's possible.   I'm
trying to see it from a view of being scared of guns because no one
but the government, the police and criminals have them, so I'm willing
to give on that point a bit.   I guess if your scared of guns, even a
pic of one sitting harmlessly on a desk, and another of good size
piles of ammo might scare you.   Doesn't scare me because they are
pictures and harmless, but I guess I could see where someone might be
scared of them.

So i'll tell you what.  You apologize for insulting Dragos, and saying
he was threatening people.   Don't worry about the picture, since it
scares you so much, you don't have to apologize.

As for the debate going on about guns & society being better off with
or without them, that didn't come into play later, and thats not what
this is about.

I'm calling you out Clocky.

0
nyder
5/12/2010 9:49:11 AM
nyder wrote:
> Well, since you seem to be irrational, i was hoping you took the bait,
> but ya didn't.

Correct, I'm not irrational enough to be baited into a battle of wits with
an unarmed person.

0
Clocky
5/12/2010 12:07:33 PM

> Does this mean I can forward any of my rants at you, too? Pretty please?
>
> --
> Martijn van Buul - p...@dohd.org

Yes, the spam-trap needs more junk....
0
Dragos
5/12/2010 12:53:36 PM
> It's hardly the first time you have brought your IRC/forum nonsense here
> like you're a child desperately needing an audience.

Its amusing you say that as you seem to be fascinated with your own
moronic postings.  Oh noes, cockmeister has an opinion....
0
Dragos
5/12/2010 12:57:29 PM
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_rate
>
> Now compare the numbers of the US with numbers of other western
> countries where the general population is not armed.

Also see the table at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence where
the USA enjoys the neighborhood of much less fortunate Latin American
countries at the top of the firearm homicide rates and is pretty at
the bottom at the non-firearm homicide rates. The conclusion is easily
deduced.
0
Joe
5/12/2010 3:24:16 PM
Wow.. I never thought I'd see such an argument on this newsgroup.. but
then the group has been pretty dead lately anyway.

As far as this whole "coward" accusation.  I should point out that I
have been carrying a concealed handgun for over 12 years every day and
never once have I pulled it out and waived it at anyone, or told
anyone I was carrying it.

IN FACT.... One time about 8 years ago my wife cut somebody off in
traffic while we were on our way home. I was riding in the passenger
seat.  When we parked and got out of the car, the car she had cut off
pulled up behind us and 4 big black guys got out that looked like they
were part of a gang.  They walked over and started cussing us out (me
mostly, even though it was obvious that my wife had been driving)
according to the main ringleader, it is my responsibility to keep my
woman under control.  Anyway, they were threatening bodily harm to us
verbally.  I actually had my hand under the back of my shirt griped
around the handle on my 9mm Glock.  While at the same time I was
apologizing very profusely, saying it wouldn't happen again, etc..
They finally backed off and got back in their car.   Had they chosen
to proceed with the physical violence they were talking about, then I
would have most definitely started shooting.  So for anyone who thinks
that people who carry guns are just looking for trouble, I can
definitely say I did everything in my power to avoid shooting those
guys, even sucking up my pride.

I also have a 7 year old daughter to protect.  We have lots of child
molesters in this country, and it seems their new favorite way to
carry it out is to abduct the child, rape them, then murder them and
hide the body.  Well, I don't want this to happen to my child so I
sleep with the gun on my nightstand and if I hear any sound in the
middle of the night, whoever breaks into my home will be greeted by a
spray of bullets.
0
David
5/12/2010 3:54:52 PM
>>whoever breaks into my home will be greeted by a
spray of bullets.

In my home its the extra training and practice that means they will
meet with two carefully aimed shots designed to stop them in their
tracks.  Nightstand gun is unpictured, but for the people with sane
views on gun ownership, it is the .357 my father carried when he was
an undercover narcotics officer... (for the whackos from trashcanistan
or where ever, its the big scary boom boom gun that causes all the
world strife)

0
Dragos
5/12/2010 6:11:28 PM
Dragos wrote:
>>> whoever breaks into my home will be greeted by a
> spray of bullets.
>
> In my home its the extra training and practice that means they will
> meet with two carefully aimed shots designed to stop them in their
> tracks.  Nightstand gun is unpictured, but for the people with sane
> views on gun ownership, it is the .357 my father carried when he was
> an undercover narcotics officer... (for the whackos from trashcanistan
> or where ever, its the big scary boom boom gun that causes all the
> world strife)

In a society where only the government is armed, you will find a
totalitarian government. The preservation of personal liberty requires
that the government be a little afraid of its people. As the founders of
the United States wrote in their Declaration of Independence,
governments derive "their just powers from the consent of the governed".
  The "consent" of an unarmed citizenry is seldom in question.

On the other hand, a society in which everyone is armed tends toward
total anarchy.

The trick is to find a suitable "middle ground" in which enough
responsible citizens are armed to prevent excesses on the part of the
government, but the government is strong enough to control the
irresponsible and criminal elements present in any society.

We're still working on that here in the U.S.

0
Fred
5/12/2010 8:28:37 PM
> When we parked and got out of the car, the car she had cut off
> pulled up behind us and 4 big black guys got out that looked like they
> were part of a gang. [...] I actually had my hand under the back of my shirt griped
> around the handle on my 9mm Glock.

In case they were really part of a gang, had you tried ty pull out
your gun, they would've broken your hand and shoot you with your own
gun. Or, even better, draw faster and, as self-defence (!), shoot you
to death with their own gun - as they're much more experienced with
using a gun than you are. It makes no difference whether you have a
gun or not; if you piss such people off... you'll lose.

The USA is becoming (became?!) a police country but the wrong way.
Instead of frightening their own citizens with (the possibility of)
terrorism and reducing the rights of people for this (partly made up)
reason, they should make it understood that the behavior described
above is not tolerated. So, get a camera in your car, record such
events, show them to the police so that they can give, at least, a
warning to these guys. You're not a cop so don't try to act like one
because... you'll lose.

> We have lots of child
> molesters in this country, and it seems their new favorite way to
> carry it out is to abduct the child, rape them, then murder them and
> hide the body.

Even in Hungary, currently a country in both meanings of "depression",
child molesting is almost unheard of. Probably people have better
things to do here than directing their frustration into such
channels...

> if I hear any sound in the
> middle of the night, whoever breaks into my home will be greeted by a
> spray of bullets.

And, if the thief knows that you have a gun in your house, he will
greet you with a spray of bullets right upon entering so... you'll
lose.

> In a society where only the government is armed, you will find a totalitarian government.

Ahhh, citizens with guns makes a democracy. Perhaps, an able and
honest government - which the USA has been lacking for the last, at
least, 8 years - doesn't?

> The preservation of personal liberty requires that the government be a little afraid of its people.

Or, perhaps, that people elect such government that serves their
liberty by default?

> As the founders of the United States wrote in their Declaration of Independence, governments derive "their just powers from the consent of the governed".

Actually, who the fuck cares about a document that was written in a
two centuries old country of slavery and civil war when there are
countries that have existed several times longer and, as such, had
ample time to revise their constitution to meet the requirements of
modern times?

> On the other hand, a society in which everyone is armed tends toward total anarchy.

It tends towards people becoming alone, paranoid and being afraid of
everyone else. Which is exactly what their government wants because
people in despair are happy to get a helping hand from their
government, whatever the side effects are.
0
Joe
5/12/2010 9:04:53 PM
If you think "gangstas" know how to properly handle firearms, you are
in the fucking dark

Watch these morons, no clue how to aim ir fire a weapon properly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hrePDNfIAs&feature=player_embedded

In contrast, here is the kind of drills we do (I am not this good, but
better than any gangbanger...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm4BcGjvZ7Q&feature=player_embedded

I especially enjoyed the timed drills, yes that would be 3 bad guys in
1.68 seconds.... Lets see some crack-peddling douchebag do that with
his "gat" all sideways.

>Actually, who the fuck cares about a document that was written in a
two centuries old country of slavery and civil war

Actually, I fucking care about it moron.  It is what allows even the
most moronic of people like yourself to express themselves without
fear of government retaliation(among a great many other things)

I'm reminded of this quote:

"I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it."

0
Dragos
5/12/2010 11:50:00 PM
> >Actually, who the fuck cares about a document that was written in a
> >two centuries old country of slavery and civil war
>
> Actually, I fucking care about it moron. =A0It is what allows even the
> most moronic of people like yourself to express themselves without
> fear of government retaliation(among a great many other things)

Why would the Hungarian government retaliate against me for chiding
the USA; what does Hungary or I have to do with the constitution of
the USA?! Do you understand that there is life outside the USA -
actually, there's 20 times more people outside it than inside it - or
are you just the typical ignorant USA citizen, giving one of the best
reasons for your country to be ashamed of?
0
Joe
5/13/2010 12:04:19 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, you are a foreigner, I mistook you for someone with
freedom....

0
Dragos
5/13/2010 1:39:37 AM
Dragos wrote:
> Oh, I'm sorry, you are a foreigner, I mistook you for someone with
> freedom....

What an ignorant and narrowminded point of view.

0
Clocky
5/13/2010 1:55:00 AM
Dragos wrote:
>> It's hardly the first time you have brought your IRC/forum nonsense
>> here like you're a child desperately needing an audience.
>
> Its amusing you say that as you seem to be fascinated with your own
> moronic postings.  Oh noes, cockmeister has an opinion....

That just confirms my view and I suspect the views of many others, even
those who won't publicly state them.

0
Clocky
5/13/2010 1:56:25 AM
On May 12, 9:56=A0pm, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Dragos wrote:
> >> It's hardly the first time you have brought your IRC/forum nonsense
> >> here like you're a child desperately needing an audience.
>
> > Its amusing you say that as you seem to be fascinated with your own
> > moronic postings. =A0Oh noes, cockmeister has an opinion....
>
> That just confirms my view and I suspect the views of many others, even
> those who won't publicly state them.

oh noes, he has a conclusion....
0
Dragos
5/13/2010 2:02:27 AM
On May 12, 9:55=A0pm, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Dragos wrote:
> > Oh, I'm sorry, you are a foreigner, I mistook you for someone with
> > freedom....
>
> What an ignorant and narrowminded point of view.

Poking fun at our freedom gets you the same douchebag..... except we
are have more freedom than you, at least we have the choice to own a
handgun, that has been decided for you and there is nothing you could
do about it, so I see why you would pick that position, as any other
position your have you at odds with your government, then you would
have to be anti-dingo or whatever as well as anti-US.

I believe this is the greatest country ever.  If it wasn't then so
many people would not be trying to come here...
0
Dragos
5/13/2010 2:05:23 AM
pay no attention to the grammatical errors in the previous post ;)
0
Dragos
5/13/2010 2:06:49 AM

"Clocky" <notgonn@happen.com> wrote in message
> Dragos wrote:
>> So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>>
>> from Anonymous <cripto@ecn.org>
>> to mgladson@gmail.com
>> date Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
>> subject C4 commodore show
>> mailed-by ecn.org
>>
>> hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)
>>
>> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
>> year it'll end up broken hard.
>>

>> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
>> to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>>
>> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>>
>> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....
>
> Real men don't need guns..

Real men own guns.

RaYzor
5/13/2010 2:57:00 AM
Dragos wrote:
> pay no attention to the grammatical errors in the previous post ;)

I was more concerned about the content ;-)

0
Clocky
5/13/2010 4:08:05 AM
On 12/05/2010 16:54, David Murray wrote:

> IN FACT.... One time about 8 years ago my wife cut somebody off in
> traffic while we were on our way home. I was riding in the passenger
> seat.  When we parked and got out of the car, the car she had cut off
> pulled up behind us and 4 big black guys got out that looked like they
> were part of a gang.  They walked over and started cussing us out (me
> mostly, even though it was obvious that my wife had been driving)
> according to the main ringleader, it is my responsibility to keep my
> woman under control.  Anyway, they were threatening bodily harm to us
> verbally.  I actually had my hand under the back of my shirt griped
> around the handle on my 9mm Glock.  While at the same time I was
> apologizing very profusely, saying it wouldn't happen again, etc..
> They finally backed off and got back in their car.   Had they chosen
> to proceed with the physical violence they were talking about, then I
> would have most definitely started shooting.

You don't seem to have thought about what would have happened if one of
them took out a gun and started shooting at you.  It's interesting that
the possibility doesn't enter into the fantasies of would-be have-a-go
heroes.  You just assume that because you have a gun you have sufficient
control of the situation.

Like isn't like that.  Too many variables...

0
White
5/13/2010 10:04:05 AM
On 12/05/2010 21:28, Fred Winter wrote:

> In a society where only the government is armed, you will find a
> totalitarian government.

I don't know of a single Western country where only the government is armed.

I know of many where only the Police and the military are armed, but
none of them are totalitarian.

0
White
5/13/2010 10:05:55 AM
On 13/05/2010 03:05, Dragos wrote:

> Poking fun at our freedom gets you the same douchebag..... except we
> are have more freedom than you, at least we have the choice to own a
> handgun,

Yeah, but many of you are also forced by your employers to undergo
regular drug tests and have a police force that is more interested in
controlling its citizens than protecting their much-vaunted freedom.

It always amuses me when ignorant people like you rant about freedom (as
though you invented it) despite living in what is in many respects a
very authoritarian country that has absolutely no respect for the
freedom of people it tortures without even having given them a fair trial.

Then again, why would I expect anything more than blatant hypocrisy from
someone who comes across as being so badly educated?

0
White
5/13/2010 10:15:18 AM
Dragos schreef:
> On May 12, 9:55 pm, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
>> Dragos wrote:
>>> Oh, I'm sorry, you are a foreigner, I mistook you for someone with
>>> freedom....
>> What an ignorant and narrowminded point of view.
>
> Poking fun at our freedom gets you the same douchebag..... except we
> are have more freedom than you, at least we have the choice to own a
> handgun, that has been decided for you and there is nothing you could
> do about it,

Wrong, if a big part of the population wanted the right to carry
firearms, than no doubt a political party would pick it up. And if they
get sufficient votes laws will be changed accordingly.

It appears that for you it is hard to understand is that in a society
where almost no one carries firearms, people simply don't feel the need
to carry handguns themselves (or wear body armor for that matter).

> so I see why you would pick that position, as any other
> position your have you at odds with your government, then you would
> have to be anti-dingo or whatever as well as anti-US.

I'm free to say that I want the right to carry firearms, I'm free to
establish an organization to lobby for the right carry firearms. I'm
free to establish a political party for this very purpose and
participate in the elections we have (at least) every 4 years. I'm also
free to say I don't like our government and that the man in charge is an
incompetent asswipe with a tard face and should be cleaning toilet bowls
instead of running the country.

I'm not free to kill or wound other people, unless it for self defense.
Nor I'm allowed to threaten people with murder or bodily harm. But even
that could change if sufficient people in my country would believe that
would be a good idea.

> I believe this is the greatest country ever.  If it wasn't then so
> many people would not be trying to come here...

There are many countries (mostly in the western world) where many people
want to immigrate to. However, like the USA the motivation typically
economical rather than freedom (to carry firearms or otherwise).

Based on what you wrote in this thread I have got the impression that
you haven't seen many countries except the USA, nor know much about
other countries.
0
Dombo
5/13/2010 10:31:07 AM
On May 13, 3:39=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I'm sorry, you are a foreigner, I mistook you for someone with
> freedom....

Freedom, democracy, huh?!

You're free to provide all your biometric data and "enjoy" body cavity
search when simply travelling from this city to that inside your own
country via flight. You're free to give up all your human rights and
get deported to Guantanamo Bay and held there indefinitely without any
charges if you're only _accused_ of being a terrorist. You were (?!)
free to pay your taxes to and serve, or even patronize, your
government in wars that turn out to be complete disasters and oil will
run out anyway soon so it's just a prolonging of the economical agony.
You're free to rip off billions (!) of people via cheap, often even
child, labor and keeping most of the profit for yourselves, thus
building your economomy by trodding on the top of half of the planet.
(I bet you're proud of it, while I'm ashamed of it every time I think
about it... Also see modern time slavery.) There's much more but these
are the ones that came into my mind right away... And the best one:
you'll be free to pay _many_times_ your current taxes, while working
your ass off, when China courteously ask the USA to, please, walk to
the counter and make its payment: half of the USA state debt. (We, in
Hungary, know what it's like but it'll be a complete surprise to
you...)

And, thank you very much but, no, I'm not a foreigner: I live in my
own country, not abroad.

You're just another great example how consumerism in especially the
most capitalistic society turns people into brainless idiots who don't
realize even the existence of the otherwise quite tight limits of
their so-called freedom but live happily ever after instead.
Fortunately, seeing the results of the latest election, your president
and, at least, half of your country has already woken up from its
mental coma.
0
Joe
5/13/2010 11:59:00 AM
Oh no, again with idiotic comments.....

Yes people come here to make money, everyone needs money (unless you
are some kind of monk or something)

But they mainly come here because of oppression from their government,
why else would you have doctors from another country driving taxis?

Sure other countries exist, I just don't care too much about visiting
them.(though I have been to Canada a few times)  I like it here, this
country is HUGE.  Why go anywhere else?  Diversity is very high and
there are many great things to see and do here.  Is everything
perfect? no. and it will never be anywhere.

Dombo, you have been brainwashed by the choice being out of your
hands.  No one thinks its a good idea there because they grew up being
told its bad.  See, the sheep (thats average citizen to you) do not
question the status quo.  They march along believing what the general
populace believes never questioning how this decision was made. Its
much like religion. Everyone thinks theirs is right and no one can
provide any rational reason why they should believe in it, they just
do because they were told to.

>>Yeah, but many of you are also forced by your employers to undergo
regular drug tests

Oh no! The horror! I guess I should move....

Really? you want to bitch about a drug test?  are you that hard up for
something to bitch about the US?

So lets say we didn't have these drug tests.  Then lets say someone
gets a job as an airline pilot or maybe a worker in a nuclear plant
(or on a smaller, much more common scale, truck driver) and then they
proceed to descend from casual drug abuse to addiction.  Then, what if
they have an accident that hurts someone else (or a lot of people in
the extreme cases)

Yes, I can see why having drug tests is bad..... I am packing now...

0
Dragos
5/13/2010 12:25:37 PM
> everyone needs money

Then why don't you leave them enough from your profit when you already
have way more money than enough?

> But they mainly come here because of oppression from their government

You mean governments that are puppets to multinational corporations
that centralize in the USA?

> Sure other countries exist, I just don't care too much about visiting
> them.

With the advent of the Internet, including but not limited to
Wikipedia, you don't need to even leave your room to "visit" other
countries, people, cultures, to the extent of learning, at least,
something about them. Actually, you could (have) do(ne) that even
before the Internet, by watching documentaries or - horribile dictu! -
reading books.
0
Joe
5/13/2010 1:37:02 PM
"White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 11:04:05 +0100:

> Like isn't like that.  Too many variables...

Fortunately, we don't have to rely on the imaginations of anti-gun
people.  In the United States, law abiding citizens use guns *every
day* to prevent crime.

http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/13/2010 2:37:43 PM
On 13/05/2010 15:37, Brandon Staggs wrote:

> Fortunately, we don't have to rely on the imaginations of anti-gun
> people.  In the United States, law abiding citizens use guns *every
> day* to prevent crime.

> http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/

A carefully selected list of newspaper quotes doesn't prove a thing.  It
conveniently ignores crimes, suicides and accidents where gun ownership
is involved as well as people being shot trying to defend themselves
with a firearm.

Likewise, 'every day' is rather meaningless with a population the size
of the United States'.

0
White
5/13/2010 3:00:55 PM
On May 13, 7:59=A0am, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...@c64.org> wrote:

> You're just another great example how consumerism in especially the
> most capitalistic society turns people into brainless idiots who don't
> realize even the existence of the otherwise quite tight limits of
> their so-called freedom but live happily ever after instead.
> Fortunately, seeing the results of the latest election, your president
> and, at least, half of your country has already woken up from its
> mental coma.

Oh good lord have mercy!!! I tried my best to stay out of this, but
Obama is a horror show and your self righteousness despite an obvious
ignorance is funny. Here is what the USA thinks about your savior
Obama.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/popQuestion/questionResults.html?url=3Dhttp:/=
/poll.cbs.com/poll?event_id=3D7798&q1=3D5&q2=3D5&q3=3D5&q4=3D5&q5=3D5&q6=3D=
5&q7=3D5&q8=3D5&q9=3D5&q10=3D5&&obama_grades_year_one$

Note that poll is done by the left-wing CBS amd yet the results still
come out the same. Obama makes people miss Bush and that is a sad
thought!
0
redrumloa
5/13/2010 3:34:55 PM
"White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 16:00:55 +0100:

> On 13/05/2010 15:37, Brandon Staggs wrote:
>
>> Fortunately, we don't have to rely on the imaginations of anti-gun
>> people.  In the United States, law abiding citizens use guns *every
>> day* to prevent crime.
>
>> http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/
>
> A carefully selected list of newspaper quotes doesn't prove a thing.  It

And your hypothetical with no basis in reality does!?

> Likewise, 'every day' is rather meaningless with a population the size
> of the United States'.

The figure is close to 1 million times a year, last I looked it up.
And it's not meaningless to the people who have defended their lives
and property.

There's no getting around this fact: since the widespread adoption of
right-to-carry in the USA, violent crime has been decreasing, not
increasing.  Say whatever you like -- you simply can't get around the
fact that personal liberties regarding firearms do not *increase*
violence.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/13/2010 3:49:34 PM
Dragos schreef:
> Oh no, again with idiotic comments.....

It is really hard for you to be civil isn't it?

> Yes people come here to make money, everyone needs money (unless you
> are some kind of monk or something)
>
> But they mainly come here because of oppression from their government,
> why else would you have doctors from another country driving taxis?

That is just one category of immigrants, and yes we have those too
(though here they typically end up working in hospitals rather than taxis).

However ask yourself how many of those Mexican immigrants are fleeing
from their government rather than from the economic situation in their
country. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't mean that they were
fleeing from their government.

> Sure other countries exist, I just don't care too much about visiting
> them.

In that case you are in no position to pass judgment on other countries,
because simply you don't know what it is like there.

You seem to think that the US is the only "enlightened" country in the
world, and that all other countries are run by totalitarian regimes
which have totally indoctrinated their population. Fortunately that is
for quite a few countries quite far from the truth.

>(though I have been to Canada a few times)  I like it here, this
> country is HUGE. Why go anywhere else?  Diversity is very high and
> there are many great things to see and do here.

That's good for you, and if I were born in the US I would probably feel
the same way.

However where I life the border is never far away, so you do end up in
foreign country real quickly. One of the things you learn when traveling
abroad is that just because people in other countries do things
differently than you are used to, doesn't mean they are idiots; a
different situation calls for different solutions.

> Is everything perfect? no. and it will never be anywhere.

I don't expect the US to be perfect, nor any other country. Nor do I
expect the US do the things the same way as we do over here. That
wouldn't work for US, just as the US way wouldn't necessarily work in
other places.

If the right to carry firearms works for the people in the US and are
willing to accept the downsides that is fine with me. And if I were
living in the US I would probably get a firearm myself. However I live
in a society where I simply don't have the need to carry a handgun or
other protection like a bullet-proof vest to feel safe. And I prefer to
keep it that way.

> Dombo, you have been brainwashed by the choice being out of your
> hands.

Really?

I wonder how much actual freedom the right carry firearms would really
give me. To me it seems it would just boil down to an arms race; the
moron next door has gun, so now I need a gun as well. Wearing firearms,
as indicated by you and your supporters, would become more of necessity
than a choice. As far as safety is concerned I gained nothing because
now both sides are more heavily armed.

I find the argument that carrying a handgun is needed to protect
yourself against the government difficult to understand. If you need to
protect yourself against your government a handgun seems to be of little
use. You really need to resolve your differences with the government
with violence, a nuke seems to be much more likely to make your vote
count. Now I don't don't know about the laws in your state, but I doubt
it is legal to own a weapon that would be a real threat to the government.

> No one thinks its a good idea there because they grew up being
> told its bad.

No one has ever told me that it was bad.

> See, the sheep (thats average citizen to you) do not
> question the status quo.

Actually there are a lot of disgruntled people here unhappy with the
status quo giving quick rise to a certain political party with rather
radical ideas. But the right to carry firearms is simply just not a
topic many people care about.

> They march along believing what the general
> populace believes never questioning how this decision was made. Its
> much like religion. Everyone thinks theirs is right and no one can
> provide any rational reason why they should believe in it, they just
> do because they were told to.

Has it ever occurred to you that just wrote down might very well apply
to yourself as well?
0
Dombo
5/13/2010 4:03:49 PM
On 13/05/2010 16:49, Brandon Staggs wrote:

> "White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 16:00:55 +0100:

>>> http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/

>> A carefully selected list of newspaper quotes doesn't prove a thing.  It

> And your hypothetical with no basis in reality does!?

Situations like that happen.  They won't be included in that site, of
course...

>> Likewise, 'every day' is rather meaningless with a population the size
>> of the United States'.

> The figure is close to 1 million times a year, last I looked it up.

With a population of 309,252,000, that amounts to 0.32 percent of the
population.  Hardly significant when you look at it in real terms.

> There's no getting around this fact: since the widespread adoption of
> right-to-carry in the USA, violent crime has been decreasing, not
> increasing.

No one has even proven a correlation.

> Say whatever you like -- you simply can't get around the
> fact that personal liberties regarding firearms do not *increase*
> violence.

There are other variables.
0
White
5/13/2010 4:18:31 PM
> Obama is a horror show and your self righteousness despite an obvious
> ignorance is funny. Here is what the USA thinks about your savior
> Obama.

Your selfish narrowmindedness of thinking about yourself and your
country only does not help with arguments on an international forum -
actually, the opposite. You expressed it correctly, though: Obama is
_our_ savior, meaning he wants to help the rest of the world. Being a
person wider minded than you, he understands that the USA cannot hold
its position against the world much longer. That citizens of the USA
have to pay for this is pretty obvious; it's time to pay back some of
what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
the world...
0
Joe
5/13/2010 5:00:47 PM
On May 13, 1:00=A0pm, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...@c64.org> wrote:
> > Obama is a horror show and your self righteousness despite an obvious
> > ignorance is funny. Here is what the USA thinks about your savior
> > Obama.
>
> Your selfish narrowmindedness of thinking about yourself and your
> country only does not help with arguments on an international forum -
> actually, the opposite. You expressed it correctly, though: Obama is
> _our_ savior, meaning he wants to help the rest of the world. Being a
> person wider minded than you, he understands that the USA cannot hold
> its position against the world much longer. That citizens of the USA
> have to pay for this is pretty obvious; it's time to pay back some of
> what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
> the world...

Did you form this opinion from watching the same TV channel that told
you the Moon landing was fake and Hitler didn't really kill any jews?
0
redrumloa
5/13/2010 5:50:40 PM
; it's time to pay back some of
> > what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
> > the world...

How about every country that owes us from our help rebuilding their
country pay us the debt they owe us.

0
Dragos
5/13/2010 6:22:27 PM
"White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 17:18:31 +0100:

> No one has even proven a correlation.

Untrue.  I posted a link to a book by an economist that does exactly
that.  Of course, causation is a different matter.

But I see that this thread has degenerated into nonsense like "the USA
has to pay back what it's been stealing" and other mindless tripe.
Not much point in continuing here.  For you, your government
(presumably Great Britain) doesn't trust you with a gun.  Not much you
can do there, since everybody's only concerned with staying on their
"benefits."  Here, our government still (in most places) respects our
right to personal weaponry, and hopefully, is just a tad bit fearful
of it.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/13/2010 6:27:32 PM
On 13/05/10 19:27, Brandon Staggs wrote:

> "White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 17:18:31 +0100:

>> No one has even proven a correlation.

> Untrue.  I posted a link to a book by an economist that does exactly
> that.  Of course, causation is a different matter.

Well, when we're talking about 0.32 percent of the population, it's
hardly a representative sample.

> But I see that this thread has degenerated into nonsense like "the USA
> has to pay back what it's been stealing" and other mindless tripe.
> Not much point in continuing here.  For you, your government
> (presumably Great Britain) doesn't trust you with a gun.  Not much you
> can do there, since everybody's only concerned with staying on their
> "benefits."  Here, our government still (in most places) respects our
> right to personal weaponry, and hopefully, is just a tad bit fearful
> of it.

I think there are genuine reasons for them to be fearful, but not for
the reasons you might think.  For example, take David Murray's post
where he says that '4 big black guys got out that looked like they
were part of a gang'.  Why would he mention their colour?  It sounds to
me that it's only significant because he is racist.  Claiming that they
looked as though they were part of a gang is simply a matter of him
projecting his antipathy onto them.  So in other words, a racist is
thinking the worst of some black people in order to justify the
possibility of shooting them.

And then you have the archetypal Internet hard man, Dragos, who is so
insecure that he posts pictures of firearms on a computing newsgroup.
Hardly the actions of a reasoned mind.

No, I'd be bloody fearful if I lived in a country where I knew that
people like them were carrying around deadly weapons.  That's why I
prefer the situation in the majority of European countries, where I know
that they are carried by people who have been highly trained and are,
above all, sane.

0
White
5/13/2010 9:18:31 PM
On 13/05/10 19:22, Dragos wrote:

> ; it's time to pay back some of

>>> what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
>>> the world...

> How about every country that owes us from our help rebuilding their
> country pay us the debt they owe us.

We just finished paying the exorbitant war loan several years back.

Next.

0
White
5/13/2010 9:20:52 PM
Dragos wrote:
> ; it's time to pay back some of
>>> what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
>>> the world...
>
> How about every country that owes us from our help rebuilding their
> country pay us the debt they owe us.

Oh it just keeps getting better...

0
Clocky
5/14/2010 2:46:27 AM
White Spirit wrote:
> On 13/05/10 19:27, Brandon Staggs wrote:
>
>> "White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 17:18:31 +0100:
>
>>> No one has even proven a correlation.
>
>> Untrue.  I posted a link to a book by an economist that does exactly
>> that.  Of course, causation is a different matter.
>
> Well, when we're talking about 0.32 percent of the population, it's
> hardly a representative sample.
>
>> But I see that this thread has degenerated into nonsense like "the
>> USA has to pay back what it's been stealing" and other mindless
>> tripe. Not much point in continuing here.  For you, your government
>> (presumably Great Britain) doesn't trust you with a gun.  Not much
>> you can do there, since everybody's only concerned with staying on
>> their "benefits."  Here, our government still (in most places)
>> respects our right to personal weaponry, and hopefully, is just a
>> tad bit fearful of it.
>
> I think there are genuine reasons for them to be fearful, but not for
> the reasons you might think.  For example, take David Murray's post
> where he says that '4 big black guys got out that looked like they
> were part of a gang'.  Why would he mention their colour?  It sounds
> to me that it's only significant because he is racist.  Claiming that
> they looked as though they were part of a gang is simply a matter of
> him projecting his antipathy onto them.  So in other words, a racist
> is thinking the worst of some black people in order to justify the
> possibility of shooting them.
>
> And then you have the archetypal Internet hard man, Dragos, who is so
> insecure that he posts pictures of firearms on a computing newsgroup.
> Hardly the actions of a reasoned mind.
>
> No, I'd be bloody fearful if I lived in a country where I knew that
> people like them were carrying around deadly weapons.  That's why I
> prefer the situation in the majority of European countries, where I
> know that they are carried by people who have been highly trained and
> are, above all, sane.

Amen to that.

0
Clocky
5/14/2010 2:51:30 AM
>>Hardly the actions of a reasoned mind.

Right, responding to a threat real or otherwise with a little
background is unreasonable.  While I am quite sure I can handle any of
the typical morons who would send me such a threat, Why not give them
a heads up about the possible consequences?  Seems only fair....

yes the UK FINALLY repaid their loan ("exorbitantly" given at 2% for
FIFTY YEARS) Five years late.... And they were more than happy to take
the money.  What about the other countries? hmmmmm.  Yes, We are
terrible.

So, claiming 4 big black guys who looked like they were in a gang is
racist? Because he mentioned black?  So is he also a sizist since he
mentioned they were big?  You are quite a piece of work, calling
someone a racist based on one comment.(which probably was hitting the
nail on the head)  He called it like he saw it, nothing more.  He
didn't call them any derogatory names based on their skin color.  You
however have attempted to brand him a racist.  I hope you love living
where you do, and if anyone ever attempts to do you harm, I hope you
are able to defend yourself with your frying pan or whatever.  Here,
intruders or would-be assailants get bullets... I take no chances with
the security of my family.

You should do some research on the gun laws here, I bet you have no
clue how it works.  I also suggest anyone in this country that would
seek to do a law abiding second amendment exerciser harm, do some
research on the so-called castle doctrine and the fact that(at least
in this state) one has NO DUTY TO RETREAT if they are being assaulted
or reasonably believe they or a third party are about to be assaulted.

0
Dragos
5/14/2010 4:17:35 AM
On 14/05/2010 05:17, Dragos wrote:

>>> Hardly the actions of a reasoned mind.

> Right, responding to a threat real or otherwise with a little
> background is unreasonable.  While I am quite sure I can handle any of
> the typical morons who would send me such a threat, Why not give them
> a heads up about the possible consequences?  Seems only fair....

It doesn't surprise me that you would justify it to yourself in this
way.  It is the typical action of someone who is desperately trying to
prove their self to a complete stranger and doesn't want to admit their
insecurity.

The chances are that the original threat was someone messing around but,
having responded to it in the way you have, if someone really wanted to
do you harm they would now know to prepare accordingly.

Violence begets violence.

> yes the UK FINALLY repaid their loan ("exorbitantly" given at 2% for
> FIFTY YEARS) Five years late.... And they were more than happy to take
> the money.

The ammo and other materials were sold at an exorbitant price.  Rampant
profiteering.

> So, claiming 4 big black guys who looked like they were in a gang is
> racist? Because he mentioned black?

How does someone look like they're in a gang?  Unless you know what to
look for, you have no idea what a gang member looks like, and he
obviously had no such idea.  He saw some black people in a group and
assumed that they were members of a gang - prejudice typical of a racist.

> So is he also a sizist since he
> mentioned they were big?

No.  Physical size is relevant, unlike the colour of their skin.

> You are quite a piece of work, calling
> someone a racist based on one comment.

If the comment hadn't made it clear, I would have no reason to make such
an assertion.

>(which probably was hitting the
> nail on the head)

In other words, you're racist as well.

> He called it like he saw it, nothing more.  He
> didn't call them any derogatory names based on their skin color.  You
> however have attempted to brand him a racist.

You don't have to call people names to be racist.  It's enough to make
negative judgements about them based on stereotypes.

> I hope you love living
> where you do, and if anyone ever attempts to do you harm, I hope you
> are able to defend yourself with your frying pan or whatever.

Our society seems a lot less violent than the fantasy world you live in.

> Here,
> intruders or would-be assailants get bullets... I take no chances with
> the security of my family.

Normal people aren't itching to kill someone they perceive to have done
them wrong.

> You should do some research on the gun laws here, I bet you have no
> clue how it works.

You'd be wrong.

> I also suggest anyone in this country that would
> seek to do a law abiding second amendment exerciser harm, do some
> research on the so-called castle doctrine and the fact that(at least
> in this state) one has NO DUTY TO RETREAT if they are being assaulted
> or reasonably believe they or a third party are about to be assaulted.

Things are a bit more progressive here.  People who adopt a course of
action that escalates violence take their share of the blame.

0
White
5/14/2010 10:10:07 AM

> Things are a bit more progressive here. =A0People who adopt a course of
> action that escalates violence take their share of the blame.

Right, like cameras everywhere and television licenses and such. Yes,
very progressive. So no violent crime there huh?  I am not insecure, I
am prepared.  You are the one who lives in the fantasy world of "it
could never happen to me, not here"

I live in a pretty safe city, but shit still happens. If some douche
wants to make a threat, its on them to back up the mouth, I don't go
around hoping to shoot someone, I would assume that its very hard on a
person who has to resort to that.  But, I am also not a weak minded
sissy that would let it upend my entire existence if I were FORCED to
do so.  We all practice (as in the video) for the day we hope never
comes.(if not for the paperwork alone)

I guess the fact the the US suspended alot of domestic manufacturing
to make that ammo that you apparently did not need ant the price, that
we should have just stayed home, right?

So
0
Dragos
5/14/2010 12:00:43 PM
>>How does someone look like they're in a gang

Well, the first video should be a clue...

If you dress that way, wear certain colors, only hang out in groups,
act intimidating, sell crack, beat women, commit crimes, talk like a
moron using gang slang (like saying gold teef)  then I'll assume you
are a gang member or a wannabe.  Some times wannabes are more
dangerous as they want to prove themselves to real gang members.

I suppose if I see a guy on a motorcycle with a hells angels or sons
of silence patch, I should assume he just a member of a motorcycle
club, because to suggest differently would be to stereotype them,
right?

You are the one in the fantasy world...
0
Dragos
5/14/2010 12:10:56 PM
On 8/05/2010 12:05 PM, Dragos wrote:
> So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>
> from	Anonymous<cripto@ecn.org>
> to	mgladson@gmail.com
> date	Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
> subject	C4 commodore show
> mailed-by	ecn.org
>
> hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)
>
> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
> year it'll end up broken hard.
>

> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
> to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>
> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>
> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....

Have you ever heard of email?
Private...guns drawn at dawn:P

This is a public forum specific to
commodore 64 computers.

Well it used to be..last time I looked.

Are you going to shoot me
if I disagree with you? :)

0
com
5/14/2010 3:56:08 PM
> Are you going to shoot me
> if I disagree with you? :)

No, only if you are foolish enough to try to assault me.  I cannot
legally shoot someone for being a douchebag....
0
Dragos
5/14/2010 5:21:58 PM

"Dragons" <mgladson@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Are you going to shoot me
>> if I disagree with you? :)
>
> No, only if you are foolish enough to try to assault me.  I cannot
> legally shoot someone for being a douchebag....

I wouldn`t try to hurt you or your family ever!
But if we dis-agreed..would you shoot me?

0
com

> I wouldn`t try to hurt you or your family ever!
> But if we dis-agreed..would you shoot me?

Can you re-read the post you just replied to?
0
Dragos
5/14/2010 9:39:01 PM
Brandon Staggs wrote:

> There's no getting around this fact: since the widespread adoption of
> right-to-carry in the USA, violent crime has been decreasing, not
> increasing.  Say whatever you like -- you simply can't get around the
> fact that personal liberties regarding firearms do not *increase*
> violence.

but you probably dont have a link to some respectable source to back up this
"fact" either eh? too bad :(

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

0
Groepaz
5/16/2010 12:59:09 AM
RaYzor wrote:
> "Clocky" <notgonn@happen.com> wrote in message
>> Dragos wrote:
>>> So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>>>
>>> from Anonymous <cripto@ecn.org>
>>> to mgladson@gmail.com
>>> date Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
>>> subject C4 commodore show
>>> mailed-by ecn.org
>>>
>>> hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)
>>>
>>> Hey ASSWIPE,  if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
>>> year it'll end up broken hard.
>>>

>>> Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard!  Also, apparently clueless as
>>> to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>>>
>>> http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>>>
>>> Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....
>>
>> Real men don't need guns..
>
> Real men own guns.

Real men have one right down in their pants and don't need any other at all.

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular
expressions." Now they have two problems.
<Jamie Zawinski>

0
Groepaz
5/16/2010 1:15:55 AM
"Groepaz" wrote on Sun, 16 May 2010 02:59:09 +0200:

> Brandon Staggs wrote:
>
>> There's no getting around this fact: since the widespread adoption of
>> right-to-carry in the USA, violent crime has been decreasing, not
>> increasing.  Say whatever you like -- you simply can't get around the
>> fact that personal liberties regarding firearms do not *increase*
>> violence.
>
> but you probably dont have a link to some respectable source to back up this
> "fact" either eh? too bad :(

What, violent crime rates?   Are you seriously disputing that they're
on the decline in the USA?

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/16/2010 3:27:18 AM
hmmm, other countries with higher violent crime rates than the US?
unthinkable....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5712573/UK-is-violent-crime-capital-of-Europe.html

0
Dragos
5/16/2010 5:52:07 PM
On May 16, 7:52=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hmmm, other countries with higher violent crime rates than the US?
> unthinkable....
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/57125...

As a reminder from previous posts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence
0
Joe
5/16/2010 11:02:40 PM
"Joe Forster/STA" wrote on Sun, 16 May 2010 16:02:40 -0700 (PDT):

> On May 16, 7:52 pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hmmm, other countries with higher violent crime rates than the US?
>> unthinkable....
>>
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/57125...
>
> As a reminder from previous posts:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence

The question here is if gun ownership increases violent crime.

The facts are that in the US, there are 90 guns for every 100 people,
though nobody knows for sure since there is no federal registry of
guns (thankfully).  The fact is that violent crime in the USA is,
today, lower than it was in the early 90s, before the widespread
adoption of right-to-carry laws in many of the states. (This does not
mean right-to-carry *causes* lower violent crime -- I am not claiming
that.)

It is also a fact that for the purposes of statistics for anti-gun
zealots, "gun violence" includes accidents and also events where
someone defends themselves with guns.

--
-Brandon
 http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
0
Brandon
5/16/2010 11:21:43 PM
On May 14, 4:56=A0pm, "." <.@.com> wrote:
> On 8/05/2010 12:05 PM, Dragos wrote:
>

> > So I get this pretty funny email regarding the show:
>
> > from =A0 =A0 =A0 Anonymous<cri...@ecn.org>
> > to mglad...@gmail.com
> > date =A0 =A0 =A0 Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
> > subject =A0 =A0C4 commodore show
> > mailed-by =A0ecn.org
>
> > hide details 6:10 PM (3 hours ago)
>
> > Hey ASSWIPE, =A0if you show your insolant tard face at the show this
> > year it'll end up broken hard.
>
> > Clearly a wordsmith and spelling wizard! =A0Also, apparently clueless a=
> > to what a would-be assailant would be up against....
>
> >http://c64.digitalscream.com/toys/
>
> > Enjoy, and yes I have a permit and Yes I carry 100% of the time.....
>
> Have you ever heard of email?
> Private...guns drawn at dawn:P
>
> This is a public forum specific to
> commodore 64 computers.
>
> Well it used to be..last time I looked.
>
> Are you going to shoot me
> if I disagree with you? :)

I'd been concerned I wasn't receiving comp.sys.cbm messages during the
last week... seems I needn't have bothered...
0
Merman
5/20/2010 9:24:57 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that despite what
certain threads on usenet would suggest, C4 is a family friendly event.
There has never been (and AFAIC will never be) any sort of violence or
harassment of attendees at C4.

In the extremely unlikely event that someone were to cause problems, they
would be removed by our very capable security staff.  In the even more
extremely unlikely event that they were to return or continue to disrupt or
harass the attendees, the police would immediately be contacted.

In case anyone has been misled by the tone of discussion in this thread,
you should know that the most unruly thing that has happened at a C4 so far
has been some attendees drinking too much in the hotel bar, probably
urinating on themselves, and passing out face-down in the lavatory of their
hotel rooms.

I am quite certain that I can speak for the officers of CCCC when I say
that there will be zero-tolerance for harassment, intimidation, or fighting
at C4. If anyone has a problem with this policy, they are welcome to
discuss it with me in person at the event. If anyone feels that they will
be unable to control their behavior, they should not attend.

Finally, FWIW, I have found in the past that people who actually intend to
follow through with threats do not deliver them via anonymous remailers.

Six
5/24/2010 8:00:34 PM
On May 24, 11:46=A0pm, Six of Style <s...@NOstyle64.SPAMorg> wrote:
> I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that despite wha=
> certain threads on usenet would suggest, C4 is a family friendly event. =
=A0
> There has never been (and AFAIC will never be) any sort of violence or
> harassment of attendees at C4.
>
> In the extremely unlikely event that someone were to cause problems, they
> would be removed by our very capable security staff. =A0In the even more
> extremely unlikely event that they were to return or continue to disrupt =
or
> harass the attendees, the police would immediately be contacted.
>
> In case anyone has been misled by the tone of discussion in this thread,
> you should know that the most unruly thing that has happened at a C4 so f=
ar
> has been some attendees drinking too much in the hotel bar, probably
> urinating on themselves, and passing out face-down in the lavatory of the=
ir
> hotel rooms.
>
> I am quite certain that I can speak for the officers of CCCC when I say
> that there will be zero-tolerance for harassment, intimidation, or fighti=
ng
> at C4. If anyone has a problem with this policy, they are welcome to
> discuss it with me in person at the event. If anyone feels that they will
> be unable to control their behavior, they should not attend. =A0
>
> Finally, FWIW, I have found in the past that people who actually intend t=
> follow through with threats do not deliver them via anonymous remailers.
>
> 6

Gladson's a drama queen; I wouldn't be surprised if he faked the spoof
e-mail so he could draw attention to himself and go on his tiresome
little xenophobic diatribe yet again in a retro computing forum.  I
find it disappointing that people are still feeding this troll.
0
EnergyAdvisor
5/30/2010 3:28:18 AM
oh noes, Pauline feels the need to chime in.    His opinion is valued.
hahahahahahahahahahaha.
0
Dragos
5/30/2010 11:14:30 PM
EnergyAdvisor wrote :

> Gladson's a drama queen; I wouldn't be surprised if he faked the spoof
> e-mail so he could draw attention to himself and go on his tiresome
> little xenophobic diatribe yet again in a retro computing forum.  I
> find it disappointing that people are still feeding this troll.

I find it disappointing that you can't resist flaming the guy, but then you want to complain about it when he responds in kind.

Besides, aren't you the guy who took pictures of himself with no shirt on making kissy faces at some keyboard overlay?  I think that cost you the ability to call anyone else any sort of "queen".

0
Six
6/6/2010 3:19:31 AM
On Jun 5, 11:19=A0pm, Six of DLoC <sixofd...@darklordsofchaos.com>
wrote:

> I find it disappointing that you can't resist flaming the guy, but then y=
ou want to complain about it when he responds in kind.

This entire thread from the first post was a flame-fest, so I don't
understand what you'd find so disappointing with my reply.  You don't
think that a drama queen troll who dishes it out all the time should
get a little back?

> Besides, aren't you the guy who took pictures of himself with no shirt on=
 making kissy faces at some keyboard overlay? =A0I think that cost you the =
ability to call anyone else any sort of "queen".

There's lots of pictures of me without a shirt on, but that's because
I look so damned good and the ladies like to take their pictures.  I
don't recall ever making a kissy face at a keyboard overlay.  I get
the impression you're easily confused about things.
0
EnergyAdvisor
6/6/2010 7:30:49 PM
EnergyAdvisor wrote :

> the impression you're easily confused about things.
I get the impression that you're kill-filter material.   PLONK!

0
Six
6/6/2010 11:05:53 PM

> This entire thread from the first post was a flame-fest

Yes, posting that a douche had threatened me (whether I take it
seriously or not) is a flame fest.

> I don't recall ever making a kissy face at a keyboard overlay.  I get
the impression you're easily confused about things.

I get the impression you don't get any impressions.  I believe this
would be you caught in another one of your lies.....

 http://www.digitalquirk.info/

If that picture doesn't say a thousand words (and none of them
regarding any "ladies") .....
0
Dragos
6/7/2010 1:54:51 AM
On Jun 6, 7:05=A0pm, Six of DLoC <sixofd...@darklordsofchaos.com> wrote:
> EnergyAdvisor wrote :
>
> > the impression you're easily confused about things.
>
> I get the impression that you're kill-filter material. =A0 PLONK!

Of course; when you can't substantiate your claims when you're called
on them, you'd better add that person to your kill file.  Can't have
reality imposing on your fantasy, can you?  :LOL:
0
EnergyAdvisor
6/7/2010 1:56:55 AM
> Of course; when you can't substantiate your claims when you're called
> on them,

I just substantiated his claim for him, see above....

Lie 2, for those counting...
0
Dragos
6/7/2010 2:15:52 AM
Dragos wrote :
> > I don't recall ever making a kissy face at a keyboard overlay.  I get
> the impression you're easily confused about things.
>
> I get the impression you don't get any impressions.  I believe this
> would be you caught in another one of your lies.....
>
>  http://www.digitalquirk.info/

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.  Guess I'm not so confused after all.
The only question left is why you don't also have that idiot on killfilter?
He's clearly the one who sent you the threatening anony email in the first place.

0
Six
6/7/2010 2:18:31 AM
On Jun 6, 9:54=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This entire thread from the first post was a flame-fest
>
> Yes, posting that a douche had threatened me (whether I take it
> seriously or not) is a flame fest.
>
> > I don't recall ever making a kissy face at a keyboard overlay. =A0I get
>
> the impression you're easily confused about things.
>
> I get the impression you don't get any impressions. =A0I believe this
> would be you caught in another one of your lies.....
>
> =A0http://www.digitalquirk.info/
>
> If that picture doesn't say a thousand words (and none of them
> regarding any "ladies") .....

Damn, I look great.  Doesn't look like I'm making any gestures towards
a keyboard overlay; though I am holding one.  I also didn't take that
picture myself; it was taken for me.  You remember; that spoof e-mail
you sent to get my megacart order canceled that you continue to deny.
My wife thought it'd be funny to do this personalized "Fuck you
Gladson" picture just for you.  I'm glad I could clear up that
confusion.  Now you're faking spoofed e-mails to yourself to get even
more attention.  How pathetic.
0
EnergyAdvisor
6/7/2010 7:05:38 PM
> Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. =A0Guess I'm not so confused afte=
r all.
> The only question left is why you don't also have that idiot on killfilte=
r?
> He's clearly the one who sent you the threatening anony email in the firs=
t place.

I don't think so, he would attempt more thought, it looks more like
the work of one of his cronies, harlock....

See his previous attempt here:   http://c64.digitalscream.com/harlock.txt

Broken english looks about the same.

DQ thinks he has everything figured out, he has no clue what was
really going on regarding his mega-cart order, which I only found out
about after the fact....

0
Dragos
6/7/2010 8:18:12 PM
On Jun 7, 4:18=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> DQ thinks he has everything figured out, he has no clue what was
> really going on regarding his mega-cart order, which I only found out
> about after the fact....

Yup, it was just coincidence that the person who sent that spoofed e-
mail made the exact same spelling and grammatical errors as you do.

You can fool some of the people some of the time...
0
EnergyAdvisor
6/8/2010 4:34:36 AM
ok, so I was initially asked not to reveal this, but its been over a
year and I grow weary of your false accusations.  here is the email I
received regarding the prank that, none other then Brian Lyons played
on you....

I include full headers, unlike some morons who think they know
everything. So I guess you don't really have a clue as to what is
going on....

From: "MegaCart" <megacart@6502dude.com>
To: "Paul Quirk" <digitalquirk@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Order  for USD 99.95  from Paul Quirk
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:38:24 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C9946C.B953DE70

Your MegaCart order has now been cancelled.

Regards,
Brian

  ----- Original Message -----=20
    Date: 13-01-09 - Time: 05:21:39 -0500 (EST)=20

    Name: Paul Quirk=20
    E-Mail: digitalquirk@gmail.com=20

    Recipient's Full address:=20
    1113 Timberland Crescent
    Oshawa, Ontario
    L1K 2K8=20

    Notes:=20
    DigitalQuirk - Brian, I can't wait to get one of these in my
hands. =
I found some time today to edit the video from WOC, I hope to shave it
=
down to 10 minutes soon.=20
    Order details:
          Code Description Price/Unit Qty Total=20
          MC-2008 Mega-Cart Vic-20 cartridge for PAL and NTSC -  99.95
1 =
99.95=20
          Total 99.95=20

    =
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Special offer: Free Domain
& =
cPanel Hosting for only $2.99 at https://SecureSignup.net ! =
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Spam Filtered (ID:2240048)
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C9946C.B953DE70

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//
EN">
<HTML xmlns:o =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Dutf-8">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Your MegaCart order has now been=20
cancelled.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dmegacart@6502dude.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:megacart@6502dude.com">MegaCart</A> </DIV>
title=3Ddigitalquirk@gmail.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:digitalquirk@gmail.com">Paul Quirk</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, January 14,
=
2009 1:32=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: Order for USD =
99.95 from=20
  Paul Quirk</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;=20
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><A=20
  name=3DOLE_LINK1><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">Thank you for=20
  your MegaCart Order!!!<o:p></o:p></SPAN></A></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">It has been received
and =
added to=20
  the database.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Production units are =
expected to=20
  be ready in February.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I will be in contact =
shortly=20
  before your unit is ready to provide you =
with:<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  </SPAN>- shipping options and cost<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  </SPAN>- payment details<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">In the meantime,
please =
visit <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.mega-cart.com">http://www.mega-cart.com</A> for =
updates or=20
  the Denial discussion forum=20
  http://www.sleepingelephant.com/denial<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">Cheers,<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal=20
  style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-pagination: none; =
mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial">Brian</SPAN></SPAN></P></FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </

    <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Dorder@mega-cart.com=20
    href=3D"http://www.mega-cart.com">www.mega-cart.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, January 13,
=
2009 5:21=20
    PM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Order for USD
99.95 =
from Paul=20
    Quirk</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>Return-Path: <A=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:root@admin2.byetcluster.com">root@admin2.byetcluster.com</
=
A>=20
    FILETIME=3D[3198B020:01C975CF] <BR>New order from mega-cart
site.=20
    <BR><BR>Date: 13-01-09 - Time: 05:21:39 -0500 (EST) <BR><BR>Name:
=
Paul Quirk=20
    <BR>E-Mail: <A=20
    href=3D"mailto:digitalquirk@gmail.com">digitalquirk@gmail.com</
A>=20
    <BR><BR>Recipient's Full address: <BR>1113 Timberland =
Crescent<BR>Oshawa,=20
    Ontario<BR>L1K 2K8 <BR><BR>Notes: <BR>DigitalQuirk - Brian, I
can't =
wait to=20
    get one of these in my hands. I found some time today to edit the
=
video from=20
    WOC, I hope to shave it down to 10 minutes soon.=20
    <P>Order details:<BR>
    <TABLE width=3D"100%" border=3D1>
      <TBODY>
      <TR>
        <TH>Code</TH>
        <TH>Description</TH>
        <TH>Price/Unit</TH>
        <TH>Qty</TH>
        <TH>Total</TH></TR>
      <TR>
        <TD>MC-2008</TD>
        <TD>Mega-Cart Vic-20 cartridge for PAL and NTSC - </TD>
        <TD>99.95</TD>
        <TD>1</TD>
        <TD><STRONG>99.95</STRONG></TD>
      <TR>
        <TD colSpan=3D4>Total</TD>
        =
<TD>99.95</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></
P>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=20
    Special offer: Free Domain &amp; cPanel Hosting for only $2.99
at=20
    https://SecureSignup.net !=20
    =
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Spam=20
    Filtered (ID:2240048) </BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C9946C.B953DE70--

0
Dragos
6/8/2010 7:34:02 AM
oh, and just so everyone knows your MO, here is what happened to you
in another "community"

http://c64.digitalscream.com/DramaQueen/goodbye.htm

0
Dragos
6/8/2010 7:36:52 AM
On Jun 8, 3:34=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, so I was initially asked not to reveal this, but its been over a
> year and I grow weary of your false accusations. =A0here is the email I
> received regarding the prank that, none other then Brian Lyons played
> on you....

I knew if I kept accusing you, you'd spill the beans.  I had a feeling
it was Lyons, but it was more fun working on you.  Lyons knows how to
keep his mouth shut.  You, not so much.

Now it's time for some real fun...:)

C'ya later, Gladson!
0
Undead
6/8/2010 3:35:15 PM
On Jun 8, 11:35=A0am, Undead <digitalqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 3:34=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ok, so I was initially asked not to reveal this, but its been over a
> > year and I grow weary of your false accusations. =A0here is the email I
> > received regarding the prank that, none other then Brian Lyons played
> > on you....
>
> I knew if I kept accusing you, you'd spill the beans. =A0I had a feeling
> it was Lyons, but it was more fun working on you. =A0Lyons knows how to
> keep his mouth shut. =A0You, not so much.
>
> Now it's time for some real fun...:)
>
> C'ya later, Gladson!

You don't know shit.....
0
Dragos
6/8/2010 3:39:38 PM
On Jun 8, 3:36=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh, and just so everyone knows your MO, here is what happened to you
> in another "community"
>
> http://c64.digitalscream.com/DramaQueen/goodbye.htm

Oh, and just so everyone knows, the community ceased to exist shortly
after that.  Not that it matters.

What's really interesting is the official response I got from Lifeline
data systems from an inquiry I made about a year ago.  I filled out a
request for information.  It's up for everyone to see here:

http://retro-link.com/lifeline.txt
0
Undead
6/8/2010 6:46:24 PM
Yes, stuff collapses without Pauline.... well, there goes Commodore,
thanks Pauline.

btw, the folks at "Lifeline Data Systems" are still laughing about
that.  What was the return address on that email you posted again?

Oh yeah, I sent that to you. Seems you left a little off the email as
well, I'll post it here for posterity.

Seems like you are posting false claims again....

Sender: mgladson@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:51:02 -0400
Subject: re: web form submission
From: Dragos <dragos@victwenty.org>
To: paul@retro-link.com

--000e0cd56a6215a9bb0465a300ab

Good Morning Paul,

What we can do for your business is make sure your website is accessed
by
only the tools you wish to have access to it.  We will also perform
hourly
maintenance requiring significant downtime, usually 59 minutes per
session.
We also offer a hosting plan that allows you to paste hilarious
photoshopped
images of fellow forum members.

We of course reserve the right to read all email and delete content on
whim.

/end hilarity

Paul, once again, an attempt to , well, who knows, we are having a
good
laugh regarding this. thanks...

Name  Paul Quirk E-mail  paul@retro-link.com Phone  905-410-CHEV
Comments &
Questions  I'm starting a new business, and am currently canvassing
companies such as yourself for better security. It's a small company
now,
but I expect it to grow. You can see it at www.retro-link.com. At
present,
it's just a web forum to gather potential clients. I expect it to grow
significantly in a years time. By then, I hope to depend on
retro-link.comfor my livelihood. What can you tell me about what you
can do for me, and
why you deserve my business?

--000e0cd56a6215a9bb0465a300ab

Good Morning Paul,<br><br>What we can do for your business is make
sure you=
r website is accessed by only the tools you wish to have access to
it.=A0 W=
e will also perform hourly maintenance requiring significant downtime,
usua=
lly 59 minutes per session.=A0 We also offer a hosting plan that
allows you=
 to paste hilarious photoshopped images of fellow forum members.<br>
content on =
to , w=
ell, who knows, we are having a good laugh regarding this.
thanks...<br>
target=3D"_bl=
currently ca=
nvassing=20
      companies such as yourself for better security. It&#39;s a small
comp=
any now,=20
      but I expect it to grow. You can see it at <a href=3D"http://
www.retr=
o-link.com/" target=3D"_blank">www.retro-link.com</a>. At present,=20
      it&#39;s just a web forum to gather potential clients. I expect
it to=
 grow=20
      significantly in a years time. By then, I hope to depend on <a
href=
=3D"http://retro-link.com/" target=3D"_blank">retro-link.com</a>=20
      for my livelihood. What can you tell me about what you can do
for me,=
 and=20

--000e0cd56a6215a9bb0465a300ab--
0
Dragos
6/8/2010 11:24:56 PM
On Jun 8, 7:24=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, stuff collapses without Pauline.... well, there goes Commodore,
> thanks Pauline.
>
> btw, the folks at "Lifeline Data Systems" are still laughing about
> that. =A0What was the return address on that email you posted again?

I'm not sure who Pauline is, but I certainly have no plans on leaving
the Commodore community on account of trolls like you.  In fact, I'm
very much looking forward to World of Commodore this year.  I
sincerely hope you show up.

BTW, thanks for confirming the lack of professionalism demonstrated by
Lifeline data systems as represented by yourself.  I'm sure they're
very amused at your lack of self control in responding to their web
form submissions on their behalf, regardless of whatever return
address was on the e-mail.  I certainly got a kick out of it.

Also, I know I said it before, but many thanks for spilling the beans
on Lyons.  I knew you could do it.  It makes things so much easier
with that kind of confirmation.
0
Undead
6/9/2010 4:10:37 AM
> Yes, stuff collapses without Pauline.... well, there goes Commodore,
> thanks Pauline.

> btw, the folks at "Lifeline Data Systems" are still laughing about
> that.  What was the return address on that email you posted again?

I'm not sure who Pauline is, but I certainly have no plans on leaving
the Commodore community on account of trolls like you.  In fact, I'm
very much looking forward to World of Commodore this year.  I
sincerely hope you show up.

BTW, thanks for confirming the lack of professionalism demonstrated by
Lifeline data systems as represented by yourself.  I'm sure they're
very amused at your lack of self control in responding to their web
form submissions on their behalf, regardless of whatever return
address was on the e-mail.  I certainly got a kick out of it.

Also, I know I said it before, but many thanks for spilling the beans
on Lyons.  I knew you could do it.  It makes things so much easier
with that kind of confirmation.
0
EnergyAdvisor
6/9/2010 4:36:06 AM
On Jun 8, 7:24=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, stuff collapses without Pauline.... well, there goes Commodore,
> thanks Pauline.
> btw, the folks at "Lifeline Data Systems" are still laughing about
> that.  What was the return address on that email you posted again?

I'm not sure who Pauline is, but I certainly have no plans on leaving
the Commodore community on account of trolls like you.  In fact, I'm
very much looking forward to World of Commodore this year.  I
sincerely hope you show up.

BTW, thanks for confirming the lack of professionalism demonstrated by
Lifeline data systems as represented by yourself.  I'm sure they're
very amused at your lack of self control in responding to their web
form submissions on their behalf, regardless of whatever return
address was on the e-mail.  I certainly got a kick out of it.

Also, I know I said it before, but many thanks for spilling the beans
on Lyons.  I knew you could do it.  It makes things so much easier
with that kind of confirmation.
0
Undead
6/9/2010 4:40:13 AM
Yes, "lifeline data systems" is in a shamble....

Its funny, because, the "lack of professionalism" came from someone
who does not work for the company in question.

Would you like me to post the email where you:

a) tried to get me fired from a position I do not hold by

b) sending them pictures of their purported data center saying I was
giving away secrets...

See, you lost any credibility (not that anyone for one minute assumed
you have a clue or a dollar) when you sent this pic saying I was
putting their security at risk:

http://c64.digitalscream.com/pics/work/marks%20work%20017.jpg

If you take a real close look at the logo on the cisco phone, you will
see the name of the company to whom those pics belong.  If you look at
the bottom row of monitors you can see the old name of the company
before they merged in 2003.

Its the details Pauline (everyone knows to whom I am referring PAUL
QUIRK) that you frequently twist.  Its amusing that you twist and
writhe but still come through as the liar here.

I particularly enjoy the way you keep bringing up the mega-cart, as if
you knew all along.  pretty funny when the quotes from you that were
sent to me by your "friends" say otherwise.

Please continue your veiled threats Paul, as I am frightened by geeks
with no life....
0
Dragos
6/9/2010 3:21:23 PM
On Jun 9, 11:21=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, "lifeline data systems" is in a shamble....
>
> Its funny, because, the "lack of professionalism" came from someone
> who does not work for the company in question.

One would wonder, then, why you would be answering business questions
submitted via a web form on their corporate web site if you do not
represent them?

Also, making someone aware of a potential breach of security is not
synonymous with trying to get someone fired.  It's more of a, "Hey,
guys, you might not want that publicly posted."  Not that I looked
very hard at your picture; anyone working in IT security who takes
pictures of the security camera bank in their data center and posts
them publicly really determines his or her own future in that
industry.  Kind of like people who respond to web form submissions for
companies whom they don't allegedly work for.

As for the MegaCart, I suspected Lyons all along, since he was unable
to immediately produce the alleged spoof e-mail when I requested it.
For the record, his writing is marginally more dreadful than your
own.  I knew you were in on it, so it was more fun to keep working on
you until you spilled the beans.  Now I have proof; now I have fun.

I also sincerely hope you don't feel frightened by me; I certainly do
not intend to threaten anyone.  It was fun, that World of Commodore
with you and Brian and the rest of the guys.  I remember very well how
Brian went on and on about how much like a girl your son looked, which
I personally felt was very low and uncalled for.  But hey, those are
the friends you choose; not I.  As far as I'm concerned, your son is a
fine person and undeserving of such ridicule.  With any luck, he won't
turn out like his old man.
0
Undead
6/9/2010 5:59:48 PM
You are so transparent.  You make it out like you are some kind of
good-natured fellow, when in reality you are the douchiest of all.

You are attempting, again, to drag kids into it.  Fine. Your attempt
to upset me or play me against Brian will not work.  I was not"in" on
anything regarding your Megacart. I was made aware of it after the
fact.  Whats funny is what you think you can do with the information.
I await the hilarious response.  I'm glad you had fun at WoC 2008, we
had a great time at your expense.

Noone is afraid of you, especially not me.  I can more than take care
of myself, and I say nothing online I wouldn't say in public (ask some
of the people who know me)

I responed to your webform request as they asked me if you were a
serious customer, and I informed that not only was that not the case,
you were up to no good.

When you mention starting at Tier 4 and moving to Tier 1 was the first
clue they had you were not on  the level.  Knowing people and working
at their place of business are two separate things.  I do have an
office in the building as well as a rack full of gear.  I work,
however, for myself.  Unlike you, I CAN do that and am very
successful.  Your worked as a factory dolt as you haven't the skills
to work in this field.  Again just the Tier remark shows that.

So please, continue to make yourself look more foolish than that
picture already did....

0
Dragos
6/9/2010 8:12:31 PM
Like it or not, your response to my request for information is
representative of Lifeline Data Systems, even if you're only their
Consultant.  I didn't mention anything about tiers in my initial
request to warrant your reply; and any perceived misunderstanding on
my part thereafter really should have prompted a more professional
response.  One expects a company providing a service to know more than
a potential customer asking about it.  Whether you like it or not, I
do run my own business, and the questions I ask of other companies are
absolutely 100% on the record, regardless of what you believe of me.
I certainly don't ridicule people for misunderstanding the services I
can provide for them!

As for Brian, I'm not trying to play you against him.  I'm simply
telling you what he was saying to me and others about your son at
World of Commodore; what you choose to do is up to you.  I'm not the
only person who heard him say that about your son.  Odd how I'm the
Douche Bag, but it's okay for someone to make fun of your son by
referring to him as a girl.  That's not the only reason I've come to
dislike the man.  He was also telling people not to buy anything from
the Personal Computer Museum as they resell their donations (like
they're supposed to run on nothing), so I bought a VIC-1541 for $20
from them.  Then he was making fun of Francois's girlfriend for being
fat, and I would have thought someone in his position would know how
hurtful that was; so I spent $100 at Francois's booth to buy an Amiga
2000 and his multi-kickstart chip.  But yeah, I guess I'm the Douche
Bag, but only because I didn't say anything then, and I should have.
I should have stood up for Francois's girlfriend, the Personal
Computer museum, and your son to that hateful man.  But hey, I'm
flawed.  Look at me now; I'm feeding a troll.  I'll let you know if I
ever learn to walk on water or something; but for now, I expect to
continue to make occasional errors in judgment.

As for the factory worker jab, I haven't met anyone yet who would turn
down $35/hour plus generous benefits and a six figure buyout package
after 7 years.  That was after my contract at IBM.  Yep, I went for
the money; I'm not perfect.  Today, I'm back in my career doing IT
Helpdesk support full time, and I'm also a fully certified energy
advisor with my own Energy Consulting business (which is where the
tens of thousands of dollars I was going to spend on RetroLink went to
- thermal imaging cameras, blower door tests, and insurance aren't
cheap). Oh, and I still fill in as a Senior facility supervisor with
the city now and then.  You'll have to forgive me if your petty
insults doesn't have any sting, and don't worry about my recent
inactivity in the Commodore forums.  I'm thoroughly enjoying what I'm
doing now, but I'm sure things will slow down with Energy Audits soon
enough.

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's you or Brian who's paying for the domain
at which my picture is hosted, but if it's you, thanks!  The more I
see me on the Internet, the better the Internet looks.  :)

P.S.: I certainly am glad you're not afraid of me and that you can
take care of yourself; I wouldn't want anyone to be afraid of lil' ol'
me...;)
0
Undead
6/10/2010 5:02:31 AM
 (which is where the
> tens of thousands of dollars I was going to spend on RetroLink went to
> - thermal imaging cameras, blower door tests, and insurance aren't
> cheap).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Tens of thousands of dollars on retro-dink....

God damn, I don't think I have laughed so hard in a while.

I ridicule you because you are an easy target.  You toss up so many
out-of-the-park balls, someone has to hit them....

Your talk regarding people making fun of my sons hair is no big deal,
seriously, those of us who choose to have hair hear it all the time.
Thick skin is a must, and believe me, he has it.  I think what you are
upset about is you found out he, with no nudge or talk about you from
us, called you out as a douche at WoC (not to your face, but at lunch
with myself, hellion_1 and Golan)

I have always known he was a keen judge of character, but that clearly
hit the nail right on the head.

Your hearsay is just that.  I have backed up my statements with
documented proof.  You have tried to call names.  Wow, from factory
worker to helpdesk? Really?  you are on the up, I had a helpdesk job
once. Lets see, 18 years ago maybe?  Yeah, you have to start somewhere
I guess.  I personally dislike answering phones and fixing printers. I
guess thats why I have a real career and don't feel the need to change
careers so often or do work a trained monkey could do.

So glad you decided to further humiliate yourself in public.  Want to
rant more about non-professionalism?  Make more comments that make
think you are dangerously obsessed with my son?  Rave about some crap-
ass job you have or have had?  I am having a great time reading the
fantasy life of Paul Quirk....

0
Dragos
6/10/2010 5:52:07 AM
>=A0I remember very well how
> Brian went on and on about how much like a girl your son looked, which
> I personally felt was very low and uncalled for. =A0But hey, those are
> the friends you choose; not I. =A0As far as I'm concerned, your son is a
> fine person and undeserving of such ridicule. =A0With any luck, he won't
> turn out like his old man.

Bringing someone's child into a thread like this make you a douche to
the highest order.
0
redrumloa
6/10/2010 12:28:46 PM
On Jun 10, 1:52=A0am, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH=
AHAHHAHAHAHA

> Tens of thousands of dollars on retro-dink....

Got the business plan drawn up; still on the back burner.  Money was
better invested in a blower door kit, thermal imaging camera, and
liability insurance.

> I ridicule you because you are an easy target. =A0You toss up so many
> out-of-the-park balls, someone has to hit them....

No, I'm pretty sure you try to ridicule me because I sincerely piss
you off, which is fine by me.

> Your talk regarding people making fun of my sons hair is no big deal,
> seriously, those of us who choose to have hair hear it all the time.
> Thick skin is a must, and believe me, he has it.

Um...yeah, it was his hair he was going on about.  Right.

> =A0I think what you are
> upset about is you found out he, with no nudge or talk about you from
> us, called you out as a douche at WoC (not to your face, but at lunch
> with myself, hellion_1 and Golan)

This does not surprise me.  He talks about everyone to everyone else
behind their backs.  It's just the kind of guy he is.

> Your hearsay is just that. =A0I have backed up my statements with
> documented proof. =A0You have tried to call names.

You will believe what you will.

>=A0Wow, from factory
> worker to helpdesk? Really? =A0you are on the up, I had a helpdesk job
> once. Lets see, 18 years ago maybe? =A0Yeah, you have to start somewhere
> I guess. =A0I personally dislike answering phones and fixing printers. I
> guess thats why I have a real career and don't feel the need to change
> careers so often or do work a trained monkey could do.

Yup, you have a 3 year old career answering web form submissions for
the company you're consulting with petty insults.  I have absolutely
no regrets with the choices I've made.  Oh, and I'm not fixing
printers.  It's considerably better than that, but I don't want to
come off as "Raving" again.

> So glad you decided to further humiliate yourself in public. =A0Want to
> rant more about non-professionalism? =A0Make more comments that make
> think you are dangerously obsessed with my son? =A0Rave about some crap-
> ass job you have or have had? =A0I am having a great time reading the
> fantasy life of Paul Quirk....

Let's see...my response to your remark about me being a factory dolt
is raving?  Me telling you what someone said about your son makes me
dangerously obsessed about your son?  Someone's living in fantasy
land; clearly, you will believe whatever you choose to believe, and
that's fine as well.

See you at WOC 2010.
0
Undead
6/10/2010 6:09:41 PM
On Jun 10, 8:28=A0am, redrumloa <redrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >=A0I remember very well how
> > Brian went on and on about how much like a girl your son looked, which
> > I personally felt was very low and uncalled for. =A0But hey, those are
> > the friends you choose; not I. =A0As far as I'm concerned, your son is =
> > fine person and undeserving of such ridicule. =A0With any luck, he won'=
> > turn out like his old man.
>
> Bringing someone's child into a thread like this make you a douche to
> the highest order.

I'm so delighted that you (of all people) think so.  :)
0
Undead
6/10/2010 6:10:15 PM
On Jun 10, 2:10=A0pm, Undead <digitalqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 8:28=A0am, redrumloa <redrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >=A0I remember very well how
> > > Brian went on and on about how much like a girl your son looked, whic=
> > > I personally felt was very low and uncalled for. =A0But hey, those ar=
> > > the friends you choose; not I. =A0As far as I'm concerned, your son i=
s a
> > > fine person and undeserving of such ridicule. =A0With any luck, he wo=
n't
> > > turn out like his old man.
>
> > Bringing someone's child into a thread like this make you a douche to
> > the highest order.
>
> I'm so delighted that you (of all people) think so. =A0:)

Say whatever you want about Dragos or any other adult here, don't even
bring up someone's kid.
0
redrumloa
6/11/2010 12:30:52 AM
>  I think what you are
> upset about is you found out he, with no nudge or talk about you from
> us, called you out as a douche at WoC (not to your face, but at lunch
> with myself, hellion_1 and Golan)

>This does not surprise me.  He talks about everyone to everyone else
>behind their backs.  It's just the kind of guy he is.

You realize it was my son, that you are clearly obsessed with talking
about, who called you a douche, right?

Man, even a 15 year old could call it like he sees it.

As to the rest of your self-congratulating bullshit.  I laugh.
Repeatedly.

Oh, for the record, yours is the only web form submission is the only
one I have replied to as my time is too valuable to spend doing a help
desk-ish type job....

As to having no regrets, I certainly don't.  I work whatever schedule
I feel like working that day/week/month.  If you must know, I have
been in IT for the better part of 20 years and doing Datacenter/
international ISP type work since 1996.  The consulting gig is
excellent, getting paid for your opinion is always nice.

0
Dragos
6/11/2010 1:19:01 AM
On Jun 10, 9:19=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You realize it was my son, that you are clearly obsessed with talking
> about, who called you a douche, right?

I had assumed you were talking about Brian, because he's more the kind
of guy who would call people names behind their back.  I should have
realized you're attempting to raise your son to be just as hateful as
you are.

> Man, even a 15 year old could call it like he sees it.

You mean the way you see it.  :(

> As to the rest of your self-congratulating bullshit. =A0I laugh.
> Repeatedly.

I also laugh with pleasure whenever I congratulate myself, especially
whenever I make a shitload of money on the side for some bullshit
reason like the predictable decline of the US dollar against foreign
currencies.  I'm so glad we could share that moment.

> Oh, for the record, yours is the only web form submission is the only
> one I have replied to as my time is too valuable to spend doing a help
> desk-ish type job....

Yeah, you jumped right on that, too.  I'm sure you made everyone at
Lifeline so happy and glad when you did that; you must have had them
rolling on the floor with your razor sharp wit.

> As to having no regrets, I certainly don't. =A0I work whatever schedule
> I feel like working that day/week/month. =A0If you must know, I have
> been in IT for the better part of 20 years and doing Datacenter/
> international ISP type work since 1996. =A0The consulting gig is
> excellent, getting paid for your opinion is always nice.

Wow, really?  You mean, as a consultant at my own business, PaulQ
Consulting, I get to work whatever schedule I feel like working that
day/week/month?  That getting paid for my opinion is always nice?  Oh,
wait; I already do that, but as a certified Energy Advisor.  I guess I
have no choice but to agree with you on that.
0
Undead
6/11/2010 5:18:46 AM
On Jun 10, 8:30=A0pm, redrumloa <redrum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Say whatever you want about Dragos or any other adult here, don't even
> bring up someone's kid.

Yeah, I'll get right on that, redrumloa.  :rollseyes:

Dumbass.
0
Undead
6/11/2010 5:21:40 AM
On Jun 11, 1:18=A0am, Undead <digitalqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also laugh with pleasure whenever I congratulate myself, especially
> whenever I make a shitload of money on the side for some bullshit
> reason like the predictable decline of the US dollar against foreign
> currencies. =A0I'm so glad we could share that moment.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=3DUSDEUR=3DX&t=3D1y&l=3Don&z=3Dm&q=3Dl&c=3D

How's that working out for you? Oh, wait...
0
redrumloa
6/11/2010 11:56:59 AM

> How's that working out for you? Oh, wait...

The same way all his fantasies work out for him....
0
Dragos
6/11/2010 2:46:40 PM
On Jun 11, 7:56=A0am, redrumloa <redrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 11, 1:18=A0am, Undead <digitalqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I also laugh with pleasure whenever I congratulate myself, especially
> > whenever I make a shitload of money on the side for some bullshit
> > reason like the predictable decline of the US dollar against foreign
> > currencies. =A0I'm so glad we could share that moment.
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=3DUSDEUR=3DX&t=3D1y&l=3Don&z=3Dm&q=3Dl&c=
=3D

> How's that working out for you? Oh, wait...

You mean, when I (well, we; I should include my wife) bought a little
more than $20,000 Cdn. worth of those US dollars at $1.02 Cdn. in
February of 2008, then exchanged them back when the Canadian dollar
dropped back to around 77 cents in October?  That worked out awesome;
at 25 cents on the dollar.

http://paulq.org/famecgi_fdps.html

Can't beat 25% in less than a year these days!  Well, except for real
estate.  Some of the properties I flipped did almost as well, dollar
for dollar; but they needed a lot of work.

Nearly $5000 for doing nothing.  Fuckin' eh.  Canadian dollar broke
par last month; I bought some more greenbacks.  I don't think it'll be
as sweet as 2008, but still great for shits and giggles.

Laugh with me, boys.  Or laugh at me.  I don't really care which you
choose; it's all the same to me.
0
Undead
6/11/2010 4:53:32 PM
> Laugh with me, boys. =A0Or laugh at me. =A0I don't really care which you
> choose; it's all the same to me.

at you... its pretty funny
0
Dragos
6/11/2010 5:25:01 PM
Undead wrote:
> On Jun 10, 8:30 pm, redrumloa <redrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Say whatever you want about Dragos or any other adult here, don't
>> even bring up someone's kid.
>
> Yeah, I'll get right on that, redrumloa.  :rollseyes:
>
> Dumbass.

I may not agree with Mark on much but bringing someones child into a public
discussion is a dog act and speaks volumes of you as a person.

0
Clocky
6/16/2010 1:59:17 PM
On Jun 16, 9:59=A0am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> Undead wrote:
> > On Jun 10, 8:30 pm, redrumloa <redrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Say whatever you want about Dragos or any other adult here, don't
> >> even bring up someone's kid.
>
> > Yeah, I'll get right on that, redrumloa. =A0:rollseyes:
>
> > Dumbass.
>
> I may not agree with Mark on much but bringing someones child into a publ=
ic
> discussion is a dog act and speaks volumes of you as a person.

It was a dog act for Lyons to talk about Gladson's son like that.

Legatus non violatur.
0
Undead
6/16/2010 4:57:32 PM
> It was a dog act for Lyons to talk about Gladson's son like that.
>
> Legatus non violatur.

Even if we believed you, You are still the one who keeps bringing it
up.  You have made derogatory statements regarding him in the past,
why we should think any differently now is beyond me.
0
Dragos
6/16/2010 5:15:04 PM
*yawn*
0
andreas
6/17/2010 8:15:35 AM
On Jun 16, 1:15=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You have made derogatory statements regarding him in the past,
> why we should think any differently now is beyond me.

Back to the lies now, eh?

If you have evidence of this, I would LOVE to see it.  It would add to
the fun I'm about to have.
0
Undead
6/17/2010 9:31:05 PM
.. =A0It would add to
> the fun I'm about to have.

uh oh, Drama Queen is going to "have fun"

Cover your eyes....
0
Dragos
6/18/2010 6:10:11 AM
Undead wrote:
> On Jun 16, 9:59 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
>> Undead wrote:

>>> Yeah, I'll get right on that, redrumloa. :rollseyes:
>>
>>> Dumbass.
>>
>> I may not agree with Mark on much but bringing someones child into a
>> public discussion is a dog act and speaks volumes of you as a person.
>
> It was a dog act for Lyons to talk about Gladson's son like that.

Probably so, but he didn't do it in public.

0
Clocky
6/19/2010 2:49:58 AM
On Jun 6, 9:54=A0pm, Dragos <mglad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> =A0http://www.digitalquirk.info/
>
> If that picture doesn't say a thousand words (and none of them
> regarding any "ladies") .....

Oh noes!

LOL
0
Undead
6/24/2010 4:42:53 AM
White Spirit <wspirit@homechoice.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/05/2010 21:28, Fred Winter wrote:

>> In a society where only the government is armed, you will find a
>> totalitarian government.

> I don't know of a single Western country where only the government is armed.

> I know of many where only the Police and the military are armed, but
> none of them are totalitarian.

North Korea?

--
David Griffith
davidmylastname@acm.org   <--- Put my last name where it belongs

What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?
Had a good Christmas this weekend? I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M 8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine. Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86 files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before: Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS. There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS. The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI SPHLDI XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr?
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/2014 7:51 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: in 4 different threads > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > fileno() in not supported. Is it only in 3.1? What is the workaround? > io.UnsupportedOperation: fileno > How to give a file descriptor number to this function? How to get a file descriptor number? Satish, you are acting like the variety of troll called a Help Vampire. One of the symptoms is hogging the newsgroup by starting multiple threads a da...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? #2
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/14 7:54 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > You don't seem to be reading any of the responses you are getting. At the very least, you don't seem to be understanding them, or engaging with the authors. You are misbehaving on this list. Everyone else: I recommend that people stop responding. Satish seems unlikely to improve. -- Ned Batchelder, http://nedbatchelder.com ...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

sys
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

cbm
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com On Jun 26, 10:10 pm, Brandon <sportsarel...@mail.com> wrote: > Check it out:www.BrandonsMansion.com It's a start, but there is no pictures of Commodore computers, or write-ups of Commodore computers. so I say it still needs a lot of work. On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:10:57 -0700, Brandon wrote: > Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com That site was....weird man. Maybe up your dosage? Simon Scott wrote: > On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:10:57 -0700, Brandon wrote: >> Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com > That site was....weird ma...

com.sys and usbser.sys question
I got a question, for those knowing more about that matter than myself, which shouldn't be hard ;-) Temporarily having 2 phone lines at my disposal, I wanted to put my old modem back to use as a phone number dialer, using the BonusPack PIM Phonebook application. But I had quite some trouble to get my COM1 port to work at all with any comm application. It finally turned out, that COM.SYS has to be loaded before USBSER.SYS, since otherwise USBSER.SYS is hijacking COM1 unnoticed. Now, in the order shown below, it assigns itself to COM6 (if not remed out), but COM1 still d...

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not ...

com.sys & vcom.sys
It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com drivers. After installation I removed the entries from config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's the cure? :-) Wayne -- While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address will be considered to be spam and deleted without being read. Wayne wrote: > It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I > did it yesterday I...

FYI Sys Shock and Sys Shock2
Up in a.b.games now "Legion" <Legion@Invalid.com> wrote in message news:juphu55oonf2bfc4r2h1gnr9nb41eab1aa@4ax.com... > Up in a.b.games now If I want to play them again, I'm more than capable of buying them again. Thanks. On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:37:18 +0100, "CJM" <cjmuk2008@gmail.removethis.com> wrote: >"Legion" <Legion@Invalid.com> wrote in message >news:juphu55oonf2bfc4r2h1gnr9nb41eab1aa@4ax.com... >> Up in a.b.games now > >If I want to play them again, I'm more than capable of buying them ag...

question about sys.exc_type and sys.exc_value
Here is an exercise from Learning Python that I wrote myself: import sys import traceback class MyError: pass def oops(): raise MyError() def safe(func, *args): try: apply(func, args) except: traceback.print_exc() print 'Got', sys.exc_type, sys.exc_value safe(oops) And here is the output: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Python24/oops.py", line 11, in safe apply(func, args) File "C:/Python24/oops.py", line 7, in oops raise MyError() MyError: <__main__.MyError instance at 0x00B475A8> Go...

sys.stdout vs. sys.stderr
In Python 3.1 is there any difference in the buffering behavior of the initial sys.stdout and sys.stderr streams? They are both line_buffered and stdout doesn't seem to use a larger-grain buffering, so they seem to be identical with respect to buffering. Were they different at some earlier point in Python's evolution? > In Python 3.1 is there any difference in the buffering behavior of the > initial sys.stdout and sys.stderr streams? No. > Were they different at some earlier point in Python's evolution? That depends on the operating system. These us...

SYSMAN: No SYS$SCRATCH/SYS$LOGIN ?
$ mc sysman SYSMAN> set env/node=velo %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Individual nodes: VELO Username JFMEZEI will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> do show log sys$scratch %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node VELO %SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name SYS$SCRATCH SYSMAN> There is also no SYS$LOGIN defined. (VAX 7,3 and Alpha 8.3) What is the reason behind the lack of those logicals ? JF Mezei wrote: > $ mc sysman > SYSMAN> set env/node=velo > %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: > Individual nodes:...

Web resources about - C4 Hilariousness - comp.sys.cbm

Deadpool + Hawkguy = Hilariousness.. {DvH Issue 3. Minor Spoilers} - Imgur
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

Billy Eichner Introduces Conan O'Brien to Grindr, Hilariousness Ensues - Us Weekly
With help from comedian Billy Eichner, Conan O'Brien explored the wonderful world of gay hookup app Grindr watch the video to see what happened! ...

Hate Group Forgets to Renew Site, Hilariousness Ensues
... you might want to get on that. Watch some of his hateful preaching after the jump. Continue reading "Hate Group Forgets to Renew Site, Hilariousness ...

Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Eric Bowman @ E_ROCK12 Georgia Georgia ...

programs A-Z - triple j
... almost bearable with Tom & Alex on Breakfast. Start the day with a generous helping of good tunes, polite conversation, knee slapping hilariousness, ...

Stephen Colbert Pushes Sponsor Kraft's Wheat Thins - Adweek
Stephen Colbert on Wheat Thins: 'Tonight, we have a product that is too important.'

Report: Blackface ‘Trayvon’ costume-wearer a felon
Racism isn't funny, but idiots keep trying. The latest proof comes from Florida, where a convicted felon smeared black paint on his face in an ...

Twitch Plays Pokémon beats Pokémon
... of the Pokémon games. At the peak, an army of 100,000 users were issuing commands to the in-game character where to go. A multitude of hilariousness ...

Price Drop: Sacred Guns
... month of March!"A wonderfully psychotic shooter that you don’t want to miss." -The Awesome Cave"Sacred Guns is a cocktail of dementia, hilariousness ...