Commodore 65 #2

Is there enough information out there on this machine for any real
development?  For those unaware, the MAME emulator system has emulation
of the C65.  You can read all about the hardware and nifty features,
but is there anyone actually doing anything with their machine?  Is
BASIC 10 documented online anywhere?

thanks

0
xlar54

xlar54 wrote:

> For those unaware, the MAME emulator system has emulation of the C65.

Are you sure you don't mean MESS?

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

0
christianlott1
12/9/2006 10:08:41 AM
xlar54 wrote:
> Is there enough information out there on this machine for any real
> development?

There is the system specification manual...I have a some further
documentation ( namely the service manual )...And a full website on hold
since a few years :-\

I think the information is sufficient. Andre Kasmacher did some awesome
stuff with what is available on line, but his work was never published, I
think he just showed it at some live demo competition. This guy was probably
the only active coder I heard of and he sold his machine to a friend,
recently.

>  For those unaware, the MAME emulator system has
> emulation of the C65.  You can read all about the hardware and nifty
> features, but is there anyone actually doing anything with their
> machine?  Is BASIC 10 documented online anywhere?

Yeah. Here
http://www.devili.iki.fi/Computers/Commodore/C65/System_Specification/

That's more than enough to start, I think. The MESS emulation is okay.
Sometimes the emulator locks up, but I assure you the real machines do the
same as well.

Riccardo

0
Riccardo
12/9/2006 10:47:38 AM
Yep, I meant MESS.  Sorry about that.... some poor guy somewhere is
hurting himself trying to get the C65 ROMs to work under MAME because
of my post....lol

Golan Klinger wrote:
> xlar54 wrote:
>
> > For those unaware, the MAME emulator system has emulation of the C65.
>
> Are you sure you don't mean MESS?
>
> --
> Golan Klinger
> Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

0
xlar54
12/9/2006 2:23:01 PM
Ok, will take a look, thanks!

Riccardo Rubini wrote:
> xlar54 wrote:
> > Is there enough information out there on this machine for any real
> > development?
>
> There is the system specification manual...I have a some further
> documentation ( namely the service manual )...And a full website on hold
> since a few years :-\
>
> I think the information is sufficient. Andre Kasmacher did some awesome
> stuff with what is available on line, but his work was never published, I
> think he just showed it at some live demo competition. This guy was probably
> the only active coder I heard of and he sold his machine to a friend,
> recently.
>
> >  For those unaware, the MAME emulator system has
> > emulation of the C65.  You can read all about the hardware and nifty
> > features, but is there anyone actually doing anything with their
> > machine?  Is BASIC 10 documented online anywhere?
>
> Yeah. Here
> http://www.devili.iki.fi/Computers/Commodore/C65/System_Specification/
>
> That's more than enough to start, I think. The MESS emulation is okay.
> Sometimes the emulator locks up, but I assure you the real machines do the
> same as well.
>
> Riccardo

0
xlar54