disk image utility, FS II scenery disks

seeing if I can copy data of a C64 Flight simulator II disk image,
save it to PC hard drive (as seperate files)

Is there a utility that will let me do this?

the goal is to get the scenery files and inject them into an
apple II disk image, for use with the apple II version of FS II.

(what got me interested in trying was a post to comp.sys.apple2
newsgroup)

Rich
0
aiiadict (1731)

On Feb 7, 2:07 pm, aiiad...@gmail.com wrote:
> seeing if I can copy data of a C64 Flight simulator II disk image,
> save it to PC hard drive (as seperate files)
>
> Is there a utility that will let me do this?
>
> the goal is to get the scenery files and inject them into an
> apple II disk image, for use with the apple II version of FS II.
>
> (what got me interested in trying was a post to comp.sys.apple2
> newsgroup)
>
> Rich

WIN1541 will do the job nicely.....

CT
0
Tim
2/7/2008 9:57:15 PM

a> seeing if I can copy data of a C64 Flight simulator II disk image,
a> save it to PC hard drive (as seperate files)

a> Is there a utility that will let me do this?

Sure, a whole bunch of them. Popular ones include Star Commander,
64copy, and Style's DirMaster.

--
    ___          .     .  .         .       . +  .         .      o
  _|___|_   +   .  +     .     +         .  Per Olofsson, arkadspelare
<aiiadict@gmail.com> wrote in message
> seeing if I can copy data of a C64 Flight simulator II disk image,
> save it to PC hard drive (as seperate files)
>
> Is there a utility that will let me do this?

D64 Editor will do this, assuming the data is available as individual files.

http://almighty.c64.org/d64editor.html

0
Leif
2/7/2008 11:25:15 PM
On Feb 7, 12:07=A0pm, aiiad...@gmail.com wrote:
> seeing if I can copy data of a C64 Flight simulator II disk image,
> save it to PC hard drive (as seperate files)
>
> Is there a utility that will let me do this?
>
> the goal is to get the scenery files and inject them into an
> apple II disk image, for use with the apple II version of FS II.
>
> (what got me interested in trying was a post to comp.sys.apple2
> newsgroup)
>
> Rich

Although C=3D Basic and Apple Basic are VERY close... each one has it's
own commands.  Conversion of a BASIC file of either to the other is
"usually" not a large problem, other than time consuming.  Grafix
file's on the other hand, are not compatable. ( the screen pokes and
peeks are totally different )

So , unless you have some sort of conversion utility, I "doubt" you
can use the screens for FS II from the Commie on your Crap-ple.  I
guess it would be possible to convert the files for an advanced
programmer..... but if I'm not mistaken ??? the Apple II only had 8
screen color's..... the Commie has 16 ....  so with that said (if I
remember right about the colors ) the conversion, would just not be
the same anyhow..... even if you did get it to work.
0
Rick
2/8/2008 5:29:26 AM
On Feb 7, 9:29=A0pm, Rick Youngman <wl...@commspeed.net> wrote:

> So , unless you have some sort of conversion utility, I "doubt" you
> can use the screens for FS II from the Commie on your Crap-ple.

rumor says C64, a2, atari FS II used the same level format.
Probably lists of start and endpoints of lines?
0
aiiadict
2/8/2008 4:33:08 PM
On Feb 8, 9:33=A0am, aiiad...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 7, 9:29=A0pm, Rick Youngman <wl...@commspeed.net> wrote:
>

> > So , unless you have some sort of conversion utility, I "doubt" you
> > can use the screens for FS II from the Commie on your Crap-ple.
>
> rumor says C64, a2, atari FS II used the same level format.
> Probably lists of start and endpoints of lines?

Hmmmmm....... well then let me look at my FS II disks and see where
those screens are....... if I can rip them , I'll do that and zip em
up for ya..

Just for the hell of it..............   do you know of a GOOD  Crap-le
II  Emulator for the PC ??? ( for windoze ) ...  maybe I can load that
up someday just for grins...  and possible convert some more Pgrams
too, just for the helavit.   Its been so long since I used a Crap-le
II, it might ??? be kinda fun again.

Reeko
0
Rick
2/9/2008 4:42:06 AM
On Feb 8, 8:42=A0pm, Rick Youngman <wl...@commspeed.net> wrote:

> Just for the hell of it.............. =A0 do you know of a GOOD =A0Crap-le=

> II =A0Emulator for the PC ??? ( for windoze ) ...

Applewin

applewin.berlios.de

or virtualapple.org

I wish I had been given a C64 when I was a kid, it
has awesome graphics and sound.  The apple II
has crummy graphics and sound, but is still fun to
play with.

rich12345.tripod.com

Rich
0
aiiadict
2/9/2008 5:35:06 PM
On Feb 8, 4:33=A0pm, aiiad...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 7, 9:29=A0pm, Rick Youngman <wl...@commspeed.net> wrote:
>

> > So , unless you have some sort of conversion utility, I "doubt" you
> > can use the screens for FS II from the Commie on your Crap-ple.
>
> rumor says C64, a2, atari FS II used the same level format.
> Probably lists of start and endpoints of lines?

The Scenery Disks are basically map data, telling the main "engine"
where to draw objects. It's feasible that the data was the same across
different formats. Read more about Flight Simulator II here -
http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/fsii.htm

The MobyGames listing for Scenery disks doesn't explicitly mention any
Apple versions released, so I'm unsure if you can expand the game with
new scenery...
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/flight-simulator-scenery-add-ons
0
Merman
2/12/2008 1:11:54 PM
aiiadict@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 8, 8:42 pm, Rick Youngman <wl...@commspeed.net> wrote:
>> Just for the hell of it..............   do you know of a GOOD  Crap-le
>> II  Emulator for the PC ??? ( for windoze ) ...
>
> Applewin
>
> applewin.berlios.de
>
> or virtualapple.org
>
> I wish I had been given a C64 when I was a kid, it
> has awesome graphics and sound.  The apple II
> has crummy graphics and sound, but is still fun to
> play with.
>
> rich12345.tripod.com
>

> Rich

Don't forget appleuni (which is DOS only)
0
Andrew