Your Favorite Games

I'm trying to remember some of the earlier games... we had a tape
machine, and i remember a dungeon and dragons type game.

I remember Wasteland, that was great! I remember some "Road Warrior"
type game where it was the end of the world and you drove around looking
for oil fields I think and you fought mercenaries of course the graphics
weren't that great.

Let's see.. Pools of Radiance, Ninja... Zork series of course. Bards
Tale! Those always seemed so hard I could never get anywhere.

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

On Dec 21, 12:29 pm, Nocturis <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Let's see.. Pools of Radiance, Ninja... Zork series of course. Bards
> Tale! Those always seemed so hard I could never get anywhere.

I'm starting to learn the difference between something being hard to
understand versus something that is so limited it becomes boring and as
such, repelant to understanding.

For all the time I've wasted attempting to understand things which were
presented stiflingly and arbitrarily obtuse.

0
christianlott1
12/21/2006 8:02:19 PM
I always liked:

The Ultima series (though, I liked 2 the most.. BEFORE it got all
complicated)
Lode Runner
Sword of Fargaol
Telegard (REALLY crappy graphics, but oddly addictive game)
There's another one similar to the Ultima series, but I can't remember it at
the moment.. I do remember it having the ability to gamble, which meant that
you could get really lucky and end up raking in some money right away to
fund your adventure better...  damn.. what was the name of that....  I even
have it with my SX64 .. packed away..  doh... wish I could remember.
Also loved Castle Wolfenstein..  as bad as it was, it held some sort of
intrigue for me.
Really enjoyed Adventure Construction Set, though, I never really did get
many friends to play my adventures.. Still liked making them.
M.U.L.E. rocked.
There was a motorcycle side-scrolling game in the later years.. Kikstart?
That might be it.. always liked it..
Beyond that.. I don't remember many other games.  Eventaully, I turned my
C64 into a bbs running New Image software...

"Nocturis" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to remember some of the earlier games... we had a tape
> machine, and i remember a dungeon and dragons type game.
>
> I remember Wasteland, that was great! I remember some "Road Warrior"
> type game where it was the end of the world and you drove around looking
> for oil fields I think and you fought mercenaries of course the graphics
> weren't that great.
>
> Let's see.. Pools of Radiance, Ninja... Zork series of course. Bards
> Tale! Those always seemed so hard I could never get anywhere.
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

0
Chris
12/22/2006 6:59:25 AM
On Dec 22, 12:59 am, "Chris Bromley"
<cbromley[removethisline]@[andthis]cox.net> wrote:
> I always liked:
>
> The Ultima series (though, I liked 2 the most.. BEFORE it got all
> complicated)

I'm glad to hear that. I played and won U3 before I had a chance to
play Ultima 2. When I did start playing, I was amazed. It was
noticeably a faster paced game than U3. It was faster loading and
seemed like a larger world. People just said stuff, you didn't have to
initiate a *transact* with everyone just to see them say 'Hi'. Plus you
had a spaceship and visited planets (I never got that far but I've read
about it).

Overall, the interface was simpler and faster paced. You fought your
opponent on the main screen, not a 'combat screen'. Yes, there were a
lot of things to like about Ultima 2. Even though the music was
completely amazing in U3, the lack of music in Ultima 2 gave it a
more... 'desolate' atmosphere.

> Lode Runner
> Sword of Fargaol
> Telegard (REALLY crappy graphics, but oddly addictive game)
> There's another one similar to the Ultima series, but I can't remember it at
> the moment.. I do remember it having the ability to gamble, which meant that
> you could get really lucky and end up raking in some money right away to
> fund your adventure better...  damn.. what was the name of that....  I even
> have it with my SX64 .. packed away..  doh... wish I could remember.

Legacy of the Ancients. Legend of Blacksilver was also another game
that featured the same engine. I think there were others.

> Also loved Castle Wolfenstein..  as bad as it was, it held some sort of
> intrigue for me.
> Really enjoyed Adventure Construction Set, though, I never really did get
> many friends to play my adventures.. Still liked making them.

If you still have your adventures, please submit them. I would love to
play an ACS game.

Merry Christmas everyone,
Christian

0
christianlott1
12/22/2006 3:00:34 PM

CL> I'm glad to hear that. I played and won U3 before I had a chance
CL> to play Ultima 2. When I did start playing, I was amazed. It was
CL> noticeably a faster paced game than U3. It was faster loading and
CL> seemed like a larger world.

Whoever ported U3 to the C64 was a fscking clown. It has the same slow
direct sector access system as U4, only here it loads several 16-block
files every time you enter or exit locations. U4 at least loads in
4-block chunks. The bitmap draw routines in U3 are completely unopti-
mized ports of the Apple II code. The A2 has the bitmap ram laid out
in a different manner than the C64, and the graphics (font, tiles,
etc) are laid out matching the A2. Then tables are used to translate
graphics *as they're drawn*. It's so slow you can watch the screen
refresh.

I've rewritten the bitmap routines (everything except dungeons), added
a fastloader, and compressed the files so that the fit on a single
disk side. The game is almost playable now, but I need to add a few
trainers and do some bug hunting.

--
    ___          .     .  .         .       . +  .         .      o
  _|___|_   +   .  +     .     +         .  Per Olofsson, arkadspelare
> The Ultima series (though, I liked 2 the most.. BEFORE it got all
> complicated)

Yeah.. I used to love the ultima series.  But for some reason, after I
played ultima 6 on the MS-DOS version, I could never go back to the C64
versions of the older games.. the music was obviously great on the
C64.. but the worlds were far simpler and the graphics so very crude.

> M.U.L.E. rocked.

Yep.. I still play that one sometimes.

> There was a motorcycle side-scrolling game in the later years.. Kikstart?

Was it action-biker?  I loved that game.

> That might be it.. always liked it..
> Beyond that.. I don't remember many other games.  Eventaully, I turned my

The most memorable games I played were Maniac Mansion and Zak
McKracken..  Those two took me many months to solve, and were great
fun.  I can't play them now on the C64 because they are so slow and I
am used to the so much faster versions available.  I don't have as much
freetime as I used to, to sit there and wait on the 1541 every time I
change rooms.

For some reason, I still love Master of the Lamps.   Isn't it
interesting how some games remain playable when you get older, but
other ones loose their fascination.

0
David
12/22/2006 4:46:25 PM
Hello MV,

On Dec 22, 9:57 am, MagerValp <MagerV...@cling.gu.se> wrote:
> CL> to play Ultima 2. When I did start playing, I was amazed. It was
> CL> noticeably a faster paced game than U3. It was faster loading and
> CL> seemed like a larger world.
>
> Whoever ported U3 to the C64 was a fscking clown.

You know it. (Chuckles, the clown I presume....)

> It has the same slow
> direct sector access system as U4, only here it loads several 16-block
> files every time you enter or exit locations. U4 at least loads in
> 4-block chunks. The bitmap draw routines in U3 are completely unopti-
> mized ports of the Apple II code. The A2 has the bitmap ram laid out
> in a different manner than the C64, and the graphics (font, tiles,
> etc) are laid out matching the A2. Then tables are used to translate
> graphics *as they're drawn*. It's so slow you can watch the screen
> refresh.

I didn't know you were disassembling U3 also. This is very exciting.

> I've rewritten the bitmap routines (everything except dungeons), added
> a fastloader, and compressed the files so that the fit on a single
> disk side. The game is almost playable now, but I need to add a few
> trainers and do some bug hunting.

cewl. Will there be a version that works with 64hdd?

I currently have U3 on the 64hdd flip file. It just toggles back and
forth from side one (to load) and side two (to play).

BTW, I started disassembling Gateway to Apshai about four months ago
with IDA. I got through the menu system and setup code, along with the
stats and item lists. By the time I reached the screen drawing routines
and AI there were too many variables that I couldn't track down.

Similar situation with Kwik Load. For the most part I worked from a
printout (disassembly done in 64copy). Screen drawing and menu system
were fun enough to get through. I reached the disk editor, then took a
look at all the disk access code (which is the second half of the
program) and left it.

Christian

0
christianlott1
12/22/2006 8:42:34 PM
David Murray wrote:
> > The Ultima series (though, I liked 2 the most.. BEFORE it got all
> > complicated)
>
> Yeah.. I used to love the ultima series.  But for some reason, after I
> played ultima 6 on the MS-DOS version, I could never go back to the C64
> versions of the older games.. the music was obviously great on the
> C64.. but the worlds were far simpler and the graphics so very crude.
>
> > M.U.L.E. rocked.
>
> Yep.. I still play that one sometimes.
>
> > There was a motorcycle side-scrolling game in the later years.. Kikstart?
>
> Was it action-biker?  I loved that game.
>
> > That might be it.. always liked it..
> > Beyond that.. I don't remember many other games.  Eventaully, I turned my
>
> The most memorable games I played were Maniac Mansion and Zak
> McKracken..  Those two took me many months to solve, and were great
> fun.  I can't play them now on the C64 because they are so slow and I
> am used to the so much faster versions available.  I don't have as much
> freetime as I used to, to sit there and wait on the 1541 every time I
> change rooms.
>
> For some reason, I still love Master of the Lamps.   Isn't it
> interesting how some games remain playable when you get older, but
> other ones loose their fascination.

I think Master of the Lamps is totally underrated.  I like it and still
enjoy it to this day too.  I also prefer the C64 version of Maniac
Mansion, mostly because that's the version I played as a kid.  It took
me forever to solve.

I'm not much of a RPG game player, but Legacy of the Ancients is one
that I actually enjoyed.  I never got into the Ultima games, but I keep
telling myself to play them sometime.

Others that I really enjoy(ed), in no particular order:

Spelunker, Wizard / Ultimate Wizard, Jumpman, Lode Runner, Blue Max,
Popeye, Gyruss, Repton, Whistler's Brother, Castles of Dr. Creep, Raid
on Bungeling Bay, Zeppelin, Airwolf, Super Cycle, Moebius, Attack of
the Phantom Karate Devils, Raid over Moscow, Beach Head, Farmer's
Daughter, Hunchback, Forbidden Forest, Aztec Challenge, Way of the
Exploding Fist, Zorro, Conan, The Goonies, Bruce Lee, Genesis, Axis
Assassin, Juno First, Choplifter, Karateka, Stealth, Fort Apocalypse,
Pharaoh's Curse, Montezuma's Revenge, Zaxxon, and Track & Field -- just
to name a few...

Jerry

0
Jerry
12/22/2006 9:32:57 PM
"Chris Bromley" <cbromley[removethisline]@[andthis]cox.net> wrote in message
>I always liked:

> M.U.L.E. rocked.

Yup - still play this one maybe once or twice a month.

But add in as well "Lord of Midnight" - 22 years on & I've still not managed
to win it - not starting the second one until then - looks like I have a
lifetime of play left :-)

cheers,

Lance

--
// http://www.commodore128.org
   Commodore 128 forums & more! //

0
Lance
12/22/2006 9:43:13 PM
"christianlott1" <christianlott1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 22, 12:59 am, "Chris Bromley"
>> Lode Runner
>> Sword of Fargaol
>> Telegard (REALLY crappy graphics, but oddly addictive game)
>> There's another one similar to the Ultima series, but I can't remember it
>> at
>> the moment.. I do remember it having the ability to gamble, which meant
>> that
>> you could get really lucky and end up raking in some money right away to
>> fund your adventure better...  damn.. what was the name of that....  I
>> even
>> have it with my SX64 .. packed away..  doh... wish I could remember.
>
> Legacy of the Ancients. Legend of Blacksilver was also another game
> that featured the same engine. I think there were others.

Yeah.. I remember those.. but they aren't the one's I am thinking of.  It's
bugging me now..  I remember two islands... one looked like a skull... and
it reminded me of ultima 2 with much better graphics...  doh.....

>> Also loved Castle Wolfenstein..  as bad as it was, it held some sort of
>> intrigue for me.
>> Really enjoyed Adventure Construction Set, though, I never really did get
>> many friends to play my adventures.. Still liked making them.
>
> If you still have your adventures, please submit them. I would love to
> play an ACS game.

I wish I did...  but they are long gone... long long ago....

0
Chris
12/22/2006 11:56:53 PM
"Jerry Kurtz" <jerrykurtz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Others that I really enjoy(ed), in no particular order:
>
> Spelunker, Wizard / Ultimate Wizard, Jumpman, Lode Runner, Blue Max,
> Popeye, Gyruss, Repton, Whistler's Brother, Castles of Dr. Creep, Raid
> on Bungeling Bay, Zeppelin, Airwolf, Super Cycle, Moebius, Attack of
> the Phantom Karate Devils, Raid over Moscow, Beach Head, Farmer's
> Daughter, Hunchback, Forbidden Forest, Aztec Challenge, Way of the
> Exploding Fist, Zorro, Conan, The Goonies, Bruce Lee, Genesis, Axis
> Assassin, Juno First, Choplifter, Karateka, Stealth, Fort Apocalypse,
> Pharaoh's Curse, Montezuma's Revenge, Zaxxon, and Track & Field -- just
> to name a few...
>
> Jerry

Ahh...  Fort Apocolypse... that game was a TON of fun for me..  that was the
'advanced chopper command' right?  Where you flew the helicopter into the
caves, and knocked out walls to rescue people?  LOVED that game...

0
Chris
12/23/2006 12:01:26 AM
Toy Bizzare
James Bond - Diamonds are Forever
Shamus: Case II

Maybe a more interesting question would be - what was your most
favorite game that you know could have been done better.

In the above list, Toy Bizzare had an excellent theme that could have
been developed further as you went along. Maybe a sequel to that would
involve a scrolling four part screen instead of just one screen. Just a
two part scrolling screen (two screens wide in either the verticle or
horizontal direction) would make for an interesting change in play. A
full ten screen scrolling level would have him in more of a 'mario'
role. In some circumstances or areas the screen view would move along
with him. At other points he would have to walk into the border to move
to the next screen.

James Bond is an amazing game - if you can get past the first level.
The fix for James Bond would be to make the first level easier.

Shamus II could have really used a level builder, a save game, and a
satisfying conclusion. I suppose you could make your own end sequence
if there was a level builder.

0
christianlott1
12/23/2006 8:16:22 PM
Chris Bromley wrote:
> "Jerry Kurtz" <jerrykurtz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Others that I really enjoy(ed), in no particular order:
>>
>> Spelunker, Wizard / Ultimate Wizard, Jumpman, Lode Runner, Blue Max,
>> Popeye, Gyruss, Repton, Whistler's Brother, Castles of Dr. Creep, Raid
>> on Bungeling Bay, Zeppelin, Airwolf, Super Cycle, Moebius, Attack of
>> the Phantom Karate Devils, Raid over Moscow, Beach Head, Farmer's
>> Daughter, Hunchback, Forbidden Forest, Aztec Challenge, Way of the
>> Exploding Fist, Zorro, Conan, The Goonies, Bruce Lee, Genesis, Axis
>> Assassin, Juno First, Choplifter, Karateka, Stealth, Fort Apocalypse,
>> Pharaoh's Curse, Montezuma's Revenge, Zaxxon, and Track & Field -- just
>> to name a few...
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> Ahh...  Fort Apocolypse... that game was a TON of fun for me..  that was the
> 'advanced chopper command' right?  Where you flew the helicopter into the
> caves, and knocked out walls to rescue people?  LOVED that game...

Awesome game.  I actually tried to write a sequel to it as a kid...

--
-
Pete Rittwage

C64 Preservation Project
http://c64preservation.com
0
Pete
12/24/2006 3:29:01 PM

MV> I've rewritten the bitmap routines (everything except dungeons),
MV> added a fastloader, and compressed the files so that the fit on a
MV> single disk side. The game is almost playable now, but I need to
MV> add a few trainers and do some bug hunting.

CL> cewl. Will there be a version that works with 64hdd?

No, 64HDD doesn't support fastloaders.

--
    ___          .     .  .         .       . +  .         .      o
  _|___|_   +   .  +     .     +         .  Per Olofsson, arkadspelare
    o-o    .      .     .   o         +          MagerValp@cling.gu.se
     -       +            +    .     http://www.cling.gu.se/~cl3polof/
0
MagerValp
12/25/2006 7:26:43 PM

DM> Yeah.. I used to love the ultima series. But for some reason,
DM> after I played ultima 6 on the MS-DOS version, I could never go
DM> back to the C64 versions of the older games.. the music was
DM> obviously great on the C64.. but the worlds were far simpler and
DM> the graphics so very crude.

Oh? Ultima 1-5 are identical, gameplay wise, between the PC and the
C64. The music makes all the difference imho :)

--
    ___          .     .  .         .       . +  .         .      o
  _|___|_   +   .  +     .     +         .  Per Olofsson, arkadspelare
    o-o    .      .     .   o         +          MagerValp@cling.gu.se
     -       +            +    .     http://www.cling.gu.se/~cl3polof/
0
MagerValp
12/25/2006 7:35:23 PM

> Oh? Ultima 1-5 are identical, gameplay wise, between the PC and the
> C64. The music makes all the difference imho :)

Yes.. but what I had said was I got hooked on Ultima 6.  I know that
the C64 had U6 but we all know it sucked, and even had no sound even on
the 128.

0
David
12/26/2006 10:37:13 PM

MV> Oh? Ultima 1-5 are identical, gameplay wise, between the PC and
MV> the C64. The music makes all the difference imho :)

DM> Yes.. but what I had said was I got hooked on Ultima 6. I know
DM> that the C64 had U6 but we all know it sucked, and even had no
DM> sound even on the 128.

Yeah, the C64 clearly doesn't have what it takes to run Ultima 6 well.
It's impressive that they managed to squeeze the game in there though,
albeit with the loss of a few features.

--
    ___          .     .  .         .       . +  .         .      o
  _|___|_   +   .  +     .     +         .  Per Olofsson, arkadspelare
    o-o    .      .     .   o         +          MagerValp@cling.gu.se
     -       +            +    .     http://www.cling.gu.se/~cl3polof/
0
MagerValp
12/28/2006 12:29:36 AM
> Yeah, the C64 clearly doesn't have what it takes to run Ultima 6 well.
> It's impressive that they managed to squeeze the game in there though,
> albeit with the loss of a few features.

Yeah.. But I bet the C128 could have handled it better.  This is a
situation where Origin might could have made the choice to make a
C128-only version of the game.  True, there were more C64 owners out
there, but I think considering how "bad" it was, they might have sold
just as many if they had made a "killer C128 game" because all the 128
owners would have bought it.

0
David

My favorite Amiga games
I'm limiting myself to stuff I actually played back when the Amiga was my main PC. Cyber Empires Cyber Empires is a turn-based strategy game involving the Risk-like acquisition of territories. You build factories that create armies of giant robots that fight in real time during battles. In battle, you can control one robot at a time, while the others are managed by the computer. It's somewhat clunky, the computer opponent is frustrating, but it's got great atmosphere, awesome sound effects, and some strategy goodness. It doesn't seem to have made a...

Vote for your favorite games
Game Chronicles Magazine is wrapping up their 3rd Annual Game of the Year Awards. Only 6 weeks left to vote for your favorites or nominate your own. You can also fill out their online survey and register to win a $500 EB gift certificate. it's all at www.gamechronicles.com ...

Modern CBM Games?
Does anybody here create any CBM games anymore? I want to know. I have my reasons. "Harry Potter" <maspethrose7@aol.com> wrote in message news:e420e8fe-39c5-474d-b18f-f8f5534e3e1f@v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Does anybody here create any CBM games anymore? I want to know. I > have my reasons. People are still creating VIC-20 games, and good ones at that. http://www.sleepingelephant.com/denial/ On Dec 27, 6:06=A0pm, Harry Potter <maspethro...@aol.com> wrote: > Does anybody here create any CBM games anymore? =A0I want to know. =A0I > have my re...

Your Favorite PC Game?
My Favorite type of Games are the First Person Shooters . I never was into RPG or RTS Types. With that Said, I am looking forward to trying F.E.A.R. demo . My Favorite FPS Games are Half Life 2 , Call Of Duty, Far Cry, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the Battlefied 1942 Series Games. SamuelF566@gmail.com wrote: > My Favorite type of Games are the First Person Shooters . I never was > into RPG or RTS Types. With that Said, I am looking forward to trying > F.E.A.R. demo . My Favorite FPS Games are Half Life 2 , Call Of Duty, > Far Cry, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the Battle...

Whats Your Favorite Game
Whats Your Favorite Game I don't know about the rest of the guys, but my favorite game is kicking guys named Scott Reed in the ass........ CT the Ass-Kicker On 11 May 2005 17:01:24 -0700 Tim wrote: > I don't know about the rest of the guys, but my favorite game is > kicking guys named Scott Reed in the ass........ > > CT the Ass-Kicker Geee... I guess the kids never learn the first of the three R's. comp.sys.ibm should already ring a bell but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... CT, you *did* wear the hobnailed boots, didn't you? how about steel-toed tactical swat boots (kick 'em where it counts to deminish the gene pool of bad code)? i could lend you a pair if it meant shutting up these Sony retards... Hi Techie...... Reminds me of a scenario from years ago in Mad Magazine (I think)....used to be a strip called "Scenes I'd Like To See On TV"....and it would be a parody of an old famous scene with an ironic twist. I always wanted to see a couple of duelists (one defending the fair maiden's honor, of course) who would meet on a grassy lawn surrounded by trees (foggy morning)....seconds holding their coats.... The duel begins simply by the good guy marching across the lawn and spearing the bad guy right through his cod piece and pinning him to the tree by his testicles...... Justice, indeed........:-) CT the Cynic Hi! > Whats Your Favorite Game The ...

Your favorite Apple II game?
Hi All, Recently I've found myself going over the DSK images in Asimov, trying out games I'd never played back in the day. I have to admit I have a new favortie - The Beagle Bros' "I.O. Silver" It's an addicting little puzzle game for sure, with just enough live action to ensure it's not boring! So, whats your fave Apple II game? Later, Craig Naming my absolute top one would be impossible, so what I'll do is select one at random from my top dozen... ....doo dee doo dee doo dee doo... ....Paipec. Some here may not have heard of it and I'm *damn* ...

Favorite Enemy in a FPS Game?
My favorite enemy still are those blue blob heads from Quake. Creepy and annoying and very satisfying when they explode. What's yours? On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:41:36 -0800 (PST), Roberto <robo99@ameritech.net> wrote: >My favorite enemy still are those blue blob heads from Quake. Creepy >and annoying and very satisfying when they explode. What's yours? Anyone with an IQ. They threaten the might TimO! "Roberto" <robo99@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:db0de62a-09fd-4464-9e63-c025c6db6122@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > My favorite enemy still are...

Many Games for Sale
Many Games for Sale on eBay. Many are Buy It Now. Just do a search by item number if interested. We also have some Commodore books. Their Finest Hour by Lucasfilm for IBM 3047721422 $14.99 $14.99 n/a 1 n/a Sep-16 Sep-23 19:49:46 The Colonel's Bequest by Sierra for IBM 3047721994 $14.99 $14.99 n/a 1 n/a Sep-16 Sep-23 19:53:00 Pipe Dream by Lucasfilm for Amiga 3047722483 $14.99 $14.99 n/a 1 n/a Sep-16 Sep-23 19:56:00 The Summoning by SSI for IBM 3047722991 $14.99 $14.99 n/a 1 n/a Sep-16 Sep-23 19:58:43 Flashback, The Quest for Identity by SSI, IBM ...

What is your favorite online gaming mag?
Hi I need recommendations on the best online mags for first person shooters and CRPG's reviews. I usually hang at gamespot for new games reviews. I know i could hit google search engine and get 7500 hundred sites returned and compare but i figured i would get the very best sites posting here. Thanks a lot Patrick On 11 Nov 2004 09:44:42 -0800, varois83@netzero.net (Patrick) wrote: >Hi > >I need recommendations on the best online mags for first person >shooters and CRPG's reviews. >I usually hang at gamespot for new games reviews. I know i could hit >google search...

CBM Game Cart Wiring
Hello, Some of the CBM game carts (e.g. Omega Race) that use ROML apparently have ROML and EXROM hardwired together in the cart and connected to GND. Normally the grounding of the EXROM line by the cart causes the PIA to take the ROML pin to zero. ROML (or ROMH if applicable) is connected to the chip select pin of the appropriate 8k ROM/EEPROM in the cart. The tying together of the ROML and EXROM lines at the cart seems to work OK when only one cart is plugged in to the expansion port but confuses things when using multiple cart expansion boards (unless they have master switch overrides on EXROM and GAME). I just don't appreciate why CBM wired some of the game carts this way. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks for your comment and time. Sincerely, -- J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com ...

Games with in-game scripting
Are there any (real-time) strategy games in which you can use scripts? With scripts I don't mean ones hard-coded into maps, but ones that player(s) could create to help them time maneuvers. I started to wonder about the best way to launch attack from multiple directions, like from two sides of the battlefield, without manually going over there. Then I thought how easy it would be if I could just tell them what, but wait until I order them to do it. I know some games in which I can make troops do things in spesific order, like go there-there-there-and-there, and I think this would...

games and game-engines
firstly a special thanks to wolfgang, sam brown, valins, fungus and Phil (i'll remember the diff) I didn't put opengl/DX as a debate, but i just wanted to clear my doubts on the industry/developer preference - your point of views help me better understand the issue and to take fresh look at it. well now the GL/DX issue cleared i have a few more queries, maybe the group could help. firstly i would like to know what do you actually mean by the term "game engine"? i had met a developer of EA sports once and he had told me that about 35% of the "engine" is coded using assembly?!!? Is this true? what all does a game engine constitute and what part does opengl have to play in the development of games/engines.... fungus had mentioned in the prev discussion "In a game engine the graphics API will be only 1% of the code (or less) so it doesn't matter which API you use. " could someone pls throw more light on this. take a game like UT, quake or any of your choice and gimme a break as to what are the different parts (engines, api etc) and where all does opengl fit in. thanks in advance. nupul On 2006-03-08, NUPUL <nupul.kukreja@gmail.com> wrote: > firstly i would like to know what do you actually mean by the term > "game engine"? Generally the term "game engine" covers everything that provides the necessary abstractions to base the actual game on. I know the definition is abstract, but the concept itse...

Game server, which games?
I have a spare server and want to setup a gameserver for LAN. But which games are the kids playing these days? Battlefield 2? Counterstrike? Doom III? The last time i did this, we where all playing Quake II... -- Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com] Linux, the choice of a GNU generation. The kids seem to be playing Half-Life 2 and games based on that engine. While Counter-Strike is still popular, you're likely to get more people playing HL2. I have a group of friends that are completely addicted to World of Warcraft, but I am not sure if you can run a private server with that. Steam has a private server that supports all games on the Steam platform, including Counter-Strike and Half-Life 2, and they have a package that runs on Linux for the server. Might you consider running a QuakeWorld server, perhaps? There are more people playing QuakeWorld than you would imagine, finding a good server is tough, and there are free software clients and servers for QuakeWorld. Just a thought... -- Benjamin Tappan Class I Senator, Six Feet Under ...

Play free online games, game downloads and multiplayer games
Play over 200 hit action games, word games, fun puzzles, jigsaws, and much more. With no time limits and no ads - it's no lose! Try it free now! http://www.seegoul.com/homegame.php Fish Tycoon It takes a real shark to succeed in the fish business. Start with a simple aquarium and build your empire one exotic fish at a time. Not only are you in charge of keeping your fish well-fed and healthy, but it's up to you to cross-breed them into new and exciting species. Fish Tycoon highlights include: Real-time gameplay, so your fish keep growing even when your computer is turned...

tell your favorite independant game developers
A new online gaming and review magazine is kicking up. Its not trying to take the place of any out there but making an effort to fairly represent the independant developers. If you know a game that you downloaded off of some developers own site, and thought it deserved more attention than it was getting, please tell the developer to get in touch with TheGamingNews.com so they can have a variety of stuff to start off with Gandalf Parker ...

What's your favorite (paid) games?
Preferably $1, but at least something. I don't believe good programming can be done for nothing and I don't like ads. I'm using Android, but included the Apple group because I'm looking for glazed-over blissful happy kind of games. Thanks. John Doe wrote: > Preferably $1, but at least something. I don't believe good > programming can be done for nothing and I don't like ads. Nothing particularly recent from me ... World of Goo On 2014-09-26, John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote: > Preferably $1, but at least something. I do...

Favorite two games in this wargame drought!
So with so much to choose from with a supposed decline..whats your fav two. Mine are Panzer Command..the 3D is nice and the interface makes it unobrutrusive TOAW 3. When you're swearing at the AI something must be right.:) SC2 was fun but played out. COTA I didn't buy (wow a 1st:) because I didn't care for the format of the 1st. The new revolutionary war looks ok but seems similar to that other just released..at least as far as looks. I'm sure I'll DL after some time with PC. For once we actually have more than two to choose from with all the new rel...

my favorite game magazine cover EVER
http://www.imagepup.com/up/dnhV_1193426887_VGCEapril1989.jpg has so much style, that 80s style, that's missing from today's magazines. Herzog Zwei wrote: > http://www.imagepup.com/up/dnhV_1193426887_VGCEapril1989.jpg > > has so much style, that 80s style, that's missing from today's > magazines. > Alex kid rocked, i still sing the theme tune in my head lol der de der de de..etc Herzog Zwei wrote: > http://www.imagepup.com/up/dnhV_1193426887_VGCEapril1989.jpg > > has so much style, that 80s style, that's missing from today's > magazine...

whats your favorit star wars game?
mine is leggo star wars. i lol when i see someone fall in to blacks when you kill them. only to more days! "Butter Pants" <butterpants@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fdfl81dtldehq8l49a8g2qskoaphshplm6@4ax.com... > mine is leggo star wars. i lol when i see someone fall in to blacks > when you kill them. only to more days! Honestly, of all the Star Wars games released for the PC, I liked the TIE Fighter CD-ROM edition the most. Right now, I'm playing Galactic Battlegrounds Clone Campaigns quite a bit. I'm still sorry to see that there won't be an Episod...

Tell Me About Your Favorite Upcoming FPS Multiplayer Game
Hi people, Our gaming group supports many different types of games from MMORPG to FPS and with the slew of new FPS games coming down the road we want to make sure we pick the right ones that the gaming communities would most like to see supported. We are a big supporter of BF2 and we host two of the top servers in the world according to Game-Monitor.com. We love that style of gameplay (teams and big maps with vehicle/squad play) and would like to continue in that vein as we grow. We see several games that could potentially be big hits. Here is our potential list: Quake Wars: Enemy Territo...

Best CBM PET (40 column) games?
What games pushed the limits of the commodore PET? What was memorable? What made the best use of it's limited graphics? Just curious. Phil On Nov 15, 4:49=A0am, Namachari <forums6...@mac.com> wrote: > What games pushed the limits of the commodore PET? What was memorable? > What made the best use of it's limited graphics? > > Just curious. > > Phil Here are a few that have impressed me Star Force Flash Attack Tunnel Vision Space Invaders Ouranos! (aka Weather War) Cosmic Jailbreak Space War (w/MTU visible Memory Board) Time Trek Commodo...

what the 10 year old wants on Solaris x86 .. games games games !
And now for something completely different. I just pulled a the kid away from the X-Box and parked him in front om my Solaris x86 system running Sol9 4/03 with GNOME. He played with a few of the games for a bit but they were really boring. OKay says I .. so I dig out doom for Solaris but it will only play on Sparc. Okay .. so I login to the Ultra 2 and export the DISPLAY to the x86 host. Then doom complains about there being too many colors. Okay .. so I run kdmconfig and step it own to 8-bit color. Then I finally get sunxdoom running and it is slowwwww. The CPUs on the Ultra 2 ( 2 x 300 MHz US II ) are pretty idle : $ mpstat 10 CPU minf mjf xcal intr ithr csw icsw migr smtx srw syscl usr sys wt idl 0 0 0 100 401 300 287 7 27 27 0 213 4 2 0 94 1 0 0 88 552 522 290 8 27 26 0 168 0 0 0 99 CPU minf mjf xcal intr ithr csw icsw migr smtx srw syscl usr sys wt idl 0 0 0 102 402 300 310 7 28 28 0 240 4 2 0 95 1 0 0 88 558 526 299 8 29 29 0 178 1 1 0 98 CPU minf mjf xcal intr ithr csw icsw migr smtx srw syscl usr sys wt idl 0 0 0 101 402 300 300 8 30 26 0 229 3 2 0 95 1 0 0 88 555 523 296 9 29 29 0 177 1 4 0 96 The CPUs on the x86 system ( 2 x 400MHz PII ) less idle but plenty of room : CPU minf mjf xcal intr ithr csw icsw migr smtx srw syscl usr sys wt idl ...

Boulder Dash
LOL, ok 20 yrs later and i'm still playing this game for several hours. I am a LOT better but heck its fun. I just blew away 5 hrs - i guess i must have no life lol. Anyway, whats your fav game? (a question asked too frequently ;-) ). burt www.museum.c64.org terminator3 <c64dungeon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:5872d.2125$eL6.1981 @read1.cgocable.net: > LOL, ok 20 yrs later and i'm still playing this game for several hours. > I am a LOT better but heck its fun. I just blew away 5 hrs - i guess > i must have no life lol. Anyway, whats your fav game? (a question asked > too frequently ;-) ). I have a couple of favorites... It's kind of like picking your favorite arcade games out of MAME - you need to have a Top 20 or 30 to cover them all out of over 4000. :-P I find that most of these games have the timeless appeal that transcends all advances in graphic technology and CPU speed. In no particular order: - Lode Runner - Wings of Fury - Big Mac the Maintenance Man - H.E.R.O. - Montezuma's Revenge - Satan's Hollow - Space Taxi - Super Pipeline 1 & 2 - Battle Through Time - Zenji - Beach-Head - Duck Tales: The Quest for Gold - Master of the Lamps - Arkanoid II - Boulder Dash, yeah I suppose :-) - F-14 Tomcat was great for atmosphere, an obvious tribute to "Top Gun" - Ghostbusters! - Crackdown - Black Gold (oil market simulation; can't find an English-language image anywhere) - Overlord (can't find an imag...

FA: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) / 8 IBM PC Game Games
> Item name: SIX Western Digital 6.4gb Hard Drives > Price: $46.00 > Buy It Now: $46.00 > Bids: -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482211928 > Item name: 8 IBM PC Game Games - (Pirates , Paperboy) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107002333 > Item name: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: ...

java jamba handy games download jamba handyspiele jamba handy games torrent jamba handy spiele download jamba handy games auf pc jamba handy games de jamba handy games downloads kostenlose jam
java jamba handy games download jamba handyspiele jamba handy games torrent jamba handy spiele download jamba handy games auf pc jamba handy games de jamba handy games downloads kostenlose jamba handyspiele downloaden jamba handyspiele ohne abo java jamba spiele auf handy jamba handyspiele gratis download jamba handyspiele kostenlos download + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY SPIELE + + + JAMBA HANDY SPIELE + + + http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ + + + + + BILLIGER JAMBA KLINGELTON + + + BILLIGER JAMBA KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTOENE-BILLIG.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTOENE-BILLIG.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTOENE-BILLIG.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ + + + + + + + + + + jamba handyspiele runterladen poker jamba handy game jamba handyspiele free download jamba handy game kostenlos gratis jamba handy games jamba handy games for free jamba handyspiele gratis download jamba handy spiele zum downloaden jamba spiele fuers handy jamba handy gam...

Web resources about - Your Favorite Games - comp.sys.cbm

Crowd Favorite : Elegant WordPress and Web Application Development
Crowd Favorite is organized, reliable, and a joy to work with. We chose them for our projects because they are the top in the industry, and the ...

America's Favorite Architecture
Featuring photography by Carol M. Highsmith Site Requirements: Minimum Screen Resolution 1024x768, Flash Player 8 Download here - Copyright © ...

My Favorite Martian (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My Favorite Martian is a 1999 science fiction comedy film starring Christopher Lloyd , Jeff Daniels , Daryl Hannah , Elizabeth Hurley , Wallace ...

rawdraw.favorite
Favorite graphic images, illustrator Kohei Shioi collected My Illustration site : rawdraw.web...

How Facebook Reminds Android App Users About Their Favorite TV Shows
Facebook added a feature to its flagship Android application that allows U.S. users who like the pages of participating television shows to receive ...

Save Big on Your Favorite Marvel Games from Activision before the Ball Drops!
Celebrate the final days of 2013 with one last chance to download Activision's Marvel collection to your console. From now until the end of the ...

New Ways to Find and Engage with Your Favorite Applications
Here at Facebook we can't build all the features for the site that you want to use to connect with your friends. That's why in 2007, we opened ...

Our Favorite Flicks From 2013…So Far! - Global Grind
Sunday, October 6 Main menu Skip to primary content Skip to secondary content Home Entertainment Music Style News Home » Our Favorite Flicks ...

Facebook shares its ‘favorite ways’ people use Graph Search
Facebook today shared a summary of its “favorite ways” people have been using Graph Search since the product launched in beta. The company highlighted ...