Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.

I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP
OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000.  Both
drivers refuse to run.  If anyone have successfully make the connection,
please help!!!

Ching-yeh Tzseng

0
ctzseng (1)
9/20/2003 7:05:26 PM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

tzseng wrote:
> I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP
> OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer
> server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and
> Windows 2000.  Both drivers refuse to run.  If anyone have
> successfully make the connection, please help!!!
>

> Ching-yeh Tzseng

Is the printer port (printer properties, ports tab) set to the server?
Can you see the server on the network?

quaoar (1575)