A basic question about AS400 using

Bonjour,

(1) What is the link between AS400 and iSeries? Sorry, I didn't understand
that on the IBM site.

(2) A collegue told me that an AS400 was used by a customer for transmitting
IP datagrams (coming from a LAN) on a X.25 dedicated line.
I don't understand why an application server has been used for that
translation. For me, IP and X.25 protocols are just level 1, 2, 3 services.
Am I wrong?

Can somebody give me a few words?
Thanks,
Angelot

0
nospam274 (29)
2/17/2004 9:07:32 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

(1) iSeries is just a "rebranding" (ie renaming) of the AS400 under the
larger eServer family of IBM servers.
(2) It is doubtful the AS400 is being used just to "translate IP datagrams
on an X.25 dedicated line". There must be some other application the AS400
is being used for.

"Angelot" <NoSpam@NoSpam.fr> wrote in message
> Bonjour,
>
> (1) What is the link between AS400 and iSeries? Sorry, I didn't understand
> that on the IBM site.
>

> (2) A collegue told me that an AS400 was used by a customer for
transmitting
> IP datagrams (coming from a LAN) on a X.25 dedicated line.
> I don't understand why an application server has been used for that
> translation. For me, IP and X.25 protocols are just level 1, 2, 3
services.
> Am I wrong?
>
> Can somebody give me a few words?
> Thanks,