2016 c.s.i.p.g.a Games Give-Away Advent Calendar - Day 19

Yo-ho-ho!
(and a bottle of rum!)

Thar be a reason I be talking like a pirate today, mateys! Arrrrr!
Shall we see what that thar reason be, me buckos?

Today's game be:
---------------------
Risen 2: Dark Waters - Gold Edition

One of the greatest CRPG game ever produced... is not the Risen 2. But
the guys who developed the aforementioned classics (the Gothic series)
are also the guys behind the Risen franchise, and while the Risen
games may not equal the awesomeness of the Gothic games, they still
have their own special charm. Similar to the Elder Scrolls series, the
game has a more focused narrative and - unusually - sports an
imaginative mix of Sword-n-Sorcery and Pirate settings. The combat is
a bit awkward but the lush landscapes and irreverent attitude of the
protagonist make up for it. Risen 2 isn't the greatest RPG ever made,
but its got its own unique character and a lot of solid content for a
role-playing connoisseur to enjoy.

Platform: Windows PC
Distributor: Steam
Key: VAV3K-K53F4-WFWFP

(Did you ever notice that Santa looks a bit like a pirate, what with
he beard, the outrageous clothing and the fixation on loot?)

Yo-ho-ho!

0
Spalls
12/19/2016 2:17:44 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 2016-12-19, Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yo-ho-ho!
> (and a bottle of rum!)
>
> Thar be a reason I be talking like a pirate today, mateys! Arrrrr!
> Shall we see what that thar reason be, me buckos?
>
> Today's game be:
> ---------------------
> Risen 2: Dark Waters - Gold Edition
>
> One of the greatest CRPG game ever produced... is not the Risen 2. But
> the guys who developed the aforementioned classics (the Gothic series)
> are also the guys behind the Risen franchise, and while the Risen
> games may not equal the awesomeness of the Gothic games, they still
> have their own special charm. Similar to the Elder Scrolls series, the
> game has a more focused narrative and - unusually - sports an
> imaginative mix of Sword-n-Sorcery and Pirate settings. The combat is
> a bit awkward but the lush landscapes and irreverent attitude of the
> protagonist make up for it. Risen 2 isn't the greatest RPG ever made,
> but its got its own unique character and a lot of solid content for a
> role-playing connoisseur to enjoy.
>
> Platform: Windows PC
> Distributor: Steam
> Key: VAV3K-K53F4-WFWFP
>
> (Did you ever notice that Santa looks a bit like a pirate, what with
> he beard, the outrageous clothing and the fixation on loot?)
>
> Yo-ho-ho!

I might've gone for this one if you could activate keys on mobile or
in a browser.

--
-Toby
Toby
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yo-ho-ho!
>(and a bottle of rum!)
>
>Thar be a reason I be talking like a pirate today, mateys! Arrrrr!
>Shall we see what that thar reason be, me buckos?
>
>Today's game be:
>---------------------
>Risen 2: Dark Waters - Gold Edition

If you haven't figured it out yet, RPGs are my favorite genre of
games. Thank you for this one Spalls. I definitely want to try this
one out.
0
Mike
12/19/2016 2:28:34 PM
Am 19.12.16 um 15:28 schrieb Mike S.:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 09:17:44 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
> <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yo-ho-ho!
>> (and a bottle of rum!)
>>
>> Thar be a reason I be talking like a pirate today, mateys! Arrrrr!
>> Shall we see what that thar reason be, me buckos?
>>
>> Today's game be:
>> ---------------------
>> Risen 2: Dark Waters - Gold Edition
>
> If you haven't figured it out yet, RPGs are my favorite genre of
> games. Thank you for this one Spalls. I definitely want to try this
> one out.

Unfortunately the PB games are a little bit hit and miss. The best ones
are Gothic 1+2 and Risen 1. I personally loved Gothic 1+2 and hated
Gothic 3 and liked  Risen 1. Never played Risen 2 and Risen 3 in my
opinion was mediocre.

0
Werner