2016 c.s.i.p.g.a Games Give-Away Advent Calendar - Day 21

Ho-ho-ho!

We're in the home stretch now; three more games to go!

Today's game is:

Shadowrun Returns
------------------------
Returns? For a long-time table-top role-player like me, I was never
aware that it was ever gone. But I guess for those who only knew the
franchise from the Sega/Nintendo game 20 years prior, it was a return,
and welcome one too. Shadowrun is a unique mix of cyberpunk and
fantasy; a "you got chococlate in my peanut butter" mixture that makes
the combination greater than its constituent parts. While I personally
wished the game had included more detailed NPCs and greater variety
and number of maps, nonetheless it is a solid tactical RPG that
wonderfully captures much of what made the table-top game so
appealing.

Platform: Windows PC
Distributor: Steam
Key: MZAV3-E26EX-2E2RP

Apparently there was a MegaCD Shadowrun game too, released in 1996.
Not to mention the 2007 FPS. Return? Shadowrun never really /left/.

Ho-ho-ho!

0
Spalls
12/21/2016 2:30:34 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 09:30:34 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ho-ho-ho!
>
>We're in the home stretch now; three more games to go!
>
>Today's game is:
>
>Shadowrun Returns
>------------------------

Great news for somebody out there... I already own this one!
0
Mike
12/21/2016 2:32:25 PM
Great game, fetch the key if you can.
(I own it already)

Am 21.12.16 um 15:30 schrieb Spalls Hurgenson:
> Ho-ho-ho!
>
> We're in the home stretch now; three more games to go!
>
> Today's game is:
>
> Shadowrun Returns
> ------------------------
> Returns? For a long-time table-top role-player like me, I was never
> aware that it was ever gone. But I guess for those who only knew the
> franchise from the Sega/Nintendo game 20 years prior, it was a return,
> and welcome one too. Shadowrun is a unique mix of cyberpunk and
> fantasy; a "you got chococlate in my peanut butter" mixture that makes
> the combination greater than its constituent parts. While I personally
> wished the game had included more detailed NPCs and greater variety
> and number of maps, nonetheless it is a solid tactical RPG that
> wonderfully captures much of what made the table-top game so
> appealing.
>
> Platform: Windows PC
> Distributor: Steam
> Key: MZAV3-E26EX-2E2RP
>
> Apparently there was a MegaCD Shadowrun game too, released in 1996.
> Not to mention the 2007 FPS. Return? Shadowrun never really /left/.
>
> Ho-ho-ho!

0
Werner
12/21/2016 3:16:44 PM
On 12/21/2016 9:30 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Ho-ho-ho!
>
> We're in the home stretch now; three more games to go!
> Today's game is: Shadowrun Returns

Grabbed it! Thank you much Spalls, it was the only one missing but now
my Shadowrun series is complete :D Haven't played any of them yet.

0
MetalGuru
12/21/2016 3:31:01 PM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 10:31:01 -0500, MetalGuru <notmyemail@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 12/21/2016 9:30 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>> Ho-ho-ho!
>>
>> We're in the home stretch now; three more games to go!
>> Today's game is: Shadowrun Returns
>
>Grabbed it! Thank you much Spalls, it was the only one missing but now
>my Shadowrun series is complete :D Haven't played any of them yet.

Good trigger finger Guru.
--
Zag

Sent from my slow-ass Toshiba Laptop
0
Zaghadka
12/21/2016 4:56:08 PM
wrote:

>Grabbed it! Thank you much Spalls, it was the only one missing but now
>my Shadowrun series is complete :D Haven't played any of them yet.

Congrats MetalGuru.
0
Mike