Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
End time:	Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST

Hutchinson, Kansas

Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3
monitors, three keyboards.
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:
> Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3
> monitors, three keyboards.

As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays.
  It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly
burned-in one on top) and which was the primary application console (the
pretty badly burned-in one on the bottom).  The one in the middle that
has no visible burn-in probably saw very little use.  I don't think that
the value of the system will improve very much in another 10 to 20 years
like the seller hopes, but everyone is entitled to dream.

If anyone was interested in a set of S/36 manuals, this auction looks
like a good bet, you might get a complete set and a few spares.  A small
bid will probably win, then you have the seller ship you all of the
manuals via Media Mail, and then the seller could do as he liked with
the "heavy metal" (of course, you'd have to make sure that the seller
would go along with this scheme in advance).

Rick Ekblaw
0
Rick
10/30/2006 12:54:44 AM
"Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
> End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST
>
> Hutchinson, Kansas
>
> Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors,
> three keyboards.

Sure beats "my" auction by a mile!
A complete setup _and_ very likely in working order _and_ a more than
complete set of manuals for lot less than $1200,-

I'm glad the seller will store the whole kit and caboodle if it doesn't
sell. I don't think it will bring him much, but it is good to see and keep
together a complete setup like this.

--
Jelte

0