Auction: IBM touch screen system /Complete system all IBM

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-touch-screen-system-Complete-system-all-IBM_W0QQitemZ8764562140QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
Ends Feb-17-06 15:11:28 PST
0
Louis

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8764562140

0
IBMMuseum
2/16/2006 2:23:17 AM
What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ?

Touch screens are neat.  I used them when I worked on the PLATO
Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois,
Chicago Medical Center.

I wonder what ever became of Plato?

Dan

0
Dan
2/16/2006 3:28:51 AM
Dan-the K wrote:
> What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ?

Dan, I enlarged the system photo to 400%, and all I can see between the
right Ctrl key and the left arrow key is the normal plastic keyboard
case -- no wire (maybe my eyes are getting too old).  Now, at the
bottom of the keyboard between the right arrow key and the keypad 0 is
the system end of the keyboard cable -- but that's just resting against
the bottom edge of the keyboard case.

> Touch screens are neat.  I used them when I worked on the PLATO
> Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois,
> Chicago Medical Center.

It's a small world -- I once owned the rx/uia/cerl account (for the
non-PLATO folks, uia meant "University of Illinois Author", and CERL
was the Computer-based Education Research Laboratory).

And if I said, "Bring on the Soul Snarf!", would you know what I was
referencing?

> I wonder what ever became of Plato?

This site is interesting to read: http://www.platopeople.com/about.html

Rick Ekblaw

0
RickE
2/16/2006 4:21:45 AM
RickE wrote:
> Dan-the K wrote:
> > What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ?
>
> Dan, I enlarged the system photo to 400%, and all I can see between the
> right Ctrl key and the left arrow key is the normal plastic keyboard
> case -- no wire (maybe my eyes are getting too old).  Now, at the
> bottom of the keyboard between the right arrow key and the keypad 0 is
> the system end of the keyboard cable -- but that's just resting against
> the bottom edge of the keyboard case.

Corrrect; my mistake.  Wrong location.  I see how that could be the
PS/2 plug end of the keyboard cable.

> > Touch screens are neat.  I used them when I worked on the PLATO
> > Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois,
> > Chicago Medical Center.
>
> It's a small world -- I once owned the rx/uia/cerl account (for the
> non-PLATO folks, uia meant "University of Illinois Author", and CERL
> was the Computer-based Education Research Laboratory).
>
> And if I said, "Bring on the Soul Snarf!", would you know what I was
> referencing?

Sorry, no; what does it mean?  I must have been too busy playing with
executive level games and columns, available only to Plato U. of
Illinois employees. <snicker, wink>

> > I wonder what ever became of Plato?
>
> This site is interesting to read: http://www.platopeople.com/about.html

Yup, it predated e-mail and newsgroups.  I developed an e-mail
freindship with "Joie de vivre," who died of lung cancer before I was
able  to meet her.

I'll contact that web site and contribute my part to the history of
Plato.
>=20
> Rick Ekblaw

0