Auction: Vintage IBM External Floppy Drive SCSI, No Reserve! 4865

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-External-Floppy-Drive-SCSI-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ8758284485QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
Ends Feb-04-06 22:00:00 PST

External 720kb, uses DB37 and 4 pin power.
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:
>  >http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-External-Floppy-Drive-SCSI-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ8758284485QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
>
> Ends Feb-04-06 22:00:00 PST
>
> External 720kb, uses DB37 and 4 pin power.

Just because it has an odd-ball size 37 pin connector, and needs a
special card, what makes it SCSI.  I have one of those in my attic with
my other PS/2 boards and computers.
0
Jerry
1/31/2006 10:24:48 PM
Its common for people that don't have experience with PS/2s to call
things SCSI when they aren't.

I once worked on a 50 that had one of those DB37 ports with the 4 pin
molex on it. The headers were mounted to an MCA slot cover. I can't
remember if the internal cable was to the paddle card or what.

Jerry Abrams wrote:

> Louis Ohland wrote:
>>  >http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-External-Floppy-Drive-SCSI-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ8758284485QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
>>
>> Ends Feb-04-06 22:00:00 PST
>>
>> External 720kb, uses DB37 and 4 pin power.
>
> Just because it has an odd-ball size 37 pin connector, and needs a
> special card, what makes it SCSI.  I have one of those in my attic with
> my other PS/2 boards and computers.
0
Louis
1/31/2006 10:49:32 PM
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:24:48 UTC, Jerry Abrams <jabrams4@optonline.net>
wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-External-Floppy-Drive-SCSI-No-Reserve_W
0QQitemZ8758284485QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<

> > Ends Feb-04-06 22:00:00 PST
> >
> > External 720kb, uses DB37 and 4 pin power.
>
> Just because it has an odd-ball size 37 pin connector, and needs a
> special card, what makes it SCSI.  I have one of those in my attic with
> my other PS/2 boards and computers.

But while we're on the subject....

I'm looking for a SCSI floppy drive. My other vintage interest is VAX
machines, and I'd like a floppy drive....SCSI is the only option.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2,
8580*6,
8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT..
http://www.tavi.co.uk
http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk

0
Bob
1/31/2006 11:19:34 PM
I have a SCSI floppy somewhere. Thing was I had no idea of the jumpers.
Never got it to pop.