Work on PS2 drives ???
Only available in USA

Basil

0
Basil

On Oct 2, 5:39 am, "Basil Holloway" <farl7F...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612
>
> Work on PS2 drives ???

Sure, it would work with the "Battlefloppy" or the internal 5.25-inch
drive for the PS/2.  It won't work with the 3.5-inch drives.  If the
alignment diskettes are damaged, it's suitable as a paperweight.

Rick

0
RickE
10/2/2007 12:10:19 PM
Hi!

> http://search.ebay.com/130159303612

> Work on PS2 drives ???
> Only available in USA

If you have a PS/2 with a 5.25" drive, yes it could. PS/2s with
internal 5.25" floppies are refreshingly rare. (I've seen two systems
set up that way that I remember.) The drive itself appears to use a
conventional (read "standard clone type") connection and adapter. I
have a Model 57 with such a drive. It's a Citizen drive (IIRC) and has
"soft touch" electronic eject. I don't think the electronic eject is
available from software, however.

William

0
wm_walsh
10/2/2007 4:36:37 PM
hi Basil

In article <0loMi.4355$H22.3156@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
farl7FAKE@bigpond.com says...
> Saw on another NG, no affiliation
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612
>
> Work on PS2 drives ???
> Only available in USA
>
> Basil

I still have few hundreds of those 5.25" drives 360k/1.2mb also known as
ND/HD. if you need any let me know I can test before shipping.
as usually you pay for shipping cost the drives are free of charge.

I usually used to salvage the stepper motors of them for a person who
used to make weird objects with them (roboticsc related):-),and off
course when  I had the chance salvage some aluminium.

to realign the drive is very lengthy process and may not be compatible
with other drives, so as william said is not worth it, a head clean up
usually cure the problem.

--
The information contained in this post is copyright of
the poster, and specifically may not be published in,
"Cheers" <moussa_el@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi Basil
>
> In article <0loMi.4355$H22.3156@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> farl7FAKE@bigpond.com says...
>> Saw on another NG, no affiliation
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612
>>
>> Work on PS2 drives ???
>> Only available in USA
>>
>> Basil
>>

> I still have few hundreds of those 5.25" drives 360k/1.2mb also known as
> ND/HD. if you need any let me know I can test before shipping.
> as usually you pay for shipping cost the drives are free of charge.
>
> I usually used to salvage the stepper motors of them for a person who
> used to make weird objects with them (roboticsc related):-),and off
> course when  I had the chance salvage some aluminium.
>
> to realign the drive is very lengthy process and may not be compatible
> with other drives, so as william said is not worth it, a head clean up
> usually cure the problem.
>

> --
> The information contained in this post is copyright of
> the poster, and specifically may not be published in,
> or used by     http://www.jlaforums.com

Moussa
Thanks for the offer but I do not need any of the drives.
Take care
Basil

0
Basil