IBM REF DISK FOR PS2 P70

Respectfully request someone please help me.  I need a your MS-DOS or
OS2 machine to make me a REF Disk for the IBM PS2 P70 portable.  I
have the file, and I have tried to make a disk with a windows 2000
machine.  No working.  Just learned I need the disk made on a MS-DOS
or OS2 machine.  Thanks for your assistance and patience in this
matter.
v/r
stu3v
0
stu3x

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 02:01:04 UTC, stu3x@yahoo.com wrote:

> Respectfully request someone please help me.  I need a your MS-DOS or
> OS2 machine to make me a REF Disk for the IBM PS2 P70 portable.  I
> have the file, and I have tried to make a disk with a windows 2000
> machine.  No working.  Just learned I need the disk made on a MS-DOS
> or OS2 machine.  Thanks for your assistance and patience in this
> matter.

Your disk is easily fixed.

  http://www.tavi.co.uk/ps2pages/refstamp.html

   http://www.jlaforums.com
0
Bob
7/21/2008 6:27:46 AM
Hi!

> I have the file, and I have tried to make a disk with a windows 2000
> machine.  No working.

That will work--I've made countless disks of that type on Windows 2000.
There are two things that definitely cause problems. The first is running
the self-extracting file from a location on the system that has a long file
or folder name in it. You can get around this two ways--either put the
self-extractor in a place where the path that leads to it does not contain a
long name or spaces or open a command prompt, switch to the right directory
and run FORCEDOS programname (replace programname with the name of the
actual self extractor name).

When done, don't look at the disk from Windows at all. Otherwise, you will
need the already mentioned REFSTAMP. Just take it right straight to the
system where it is needed.

If you still have problems, all of the major self-extractors were converted
to more flexible formats by Dan Hamilton and are available here:
http://12.203.82.104/selectpccbbs/. These can be extracted using tools like
WinImage or RAWRITE.

Good luck!

William