external 2.5" USB 2.0 enclosure

Hi group,

I have seen an a powerless USB 2.0 enclosure at a local computer store
that uses two USB ports on the PC and does not require an external power
source.  But I don't remember the brand.  Can someone recommend a
brand/model?  Does anyone know if all the powerless USB 2.0 enclosures
require two USB ports?

/sn

0
siren1 (2)

I have a USB powered enclosure (that also takes a 6v adaptor if for whatever
reason the USB port is not supplying enough juice) that requires only one
USB port to power itself. I have a 20GB drive housed in it and have had no
problems at all over the last 5 months. I bought it for $49 Cdn. online and
am happy with it. It's a "GoGoDrive Firewire/USB 2.0 enclosure" TT945
series. I got it from mycableshop.com.

Hope this helps,

"Siren" <siren@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> Hi group,
>
> I have seen an a powerless USB 2.0 enclosure at a local computer store
> that uses two USB ports on the PC and does not require an external power
> source.  But I don't remember the brand.  Can someone recommend a
> brand/model?  Does anyone know if all the powerless USB 2.0 enclosures
> require two USB ports?
>
> /sn

---

maNOspAM2 (12)
11/7/2003 7:38:41 PM
Maybe this is what you are looking for?

http://dealsonic.com/25usb20.html

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 06:54:29 -0500, Siren <siren@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Hi group,
>
>I have seen an a powerless USB 2.0 enclosure at a local computer store
>that uses two USB ports on the PC and does not require an external power
>source.  But I don't remember the brand.  Can someone recommend a
>brand/model?  Does anyone know if all the powerless USB 2.0 enclosures
>require two USB ports?
>
>/sn

0
dodo665 (1)