IBM Laptop

I have an IBM R32 laptop and I think it may have experienced a power
surge. Anyway when I put the battery in all it does is continously
click (no lights no nothing just a click. When I pull the battery out
and try and use the power adapter I get nothing. My question is
threefold.
1) Any ideas what that click/spinning could be?
2) If I did experience a powersurge what part(s) would I most likely
need to replace?
3) If I replace the system board would the fix the problem and are
there any tests that I would be able to run to see what the problem
might be? Electrical tests or any other tests.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ryan
0
vano76 (1)