Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a Mac is the right computer for them.

From Entrepreneur.com:

http://tinyurl.com/5moenl

Cuss and discuss.

Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a
Mac is the right computer for them.

By Jason R. Rich �October 20, 2008

Not long ago, if you were to ask PC users what they thought about Apple
Macs, you'd probably get one of two responses: Either they'd say, "Oh,
those are the computers used by college students," or you'd hear,
"Aren't Macs used only by creative types, like artists and musicians?"
What today's�business�people and�entrepreneurs�are quickly beginning to
understand is that Apple's iMacs (desktop computers) and MacBooks
(notebook computers) can not only handle virtually every business
application a PC can handle, but also provide a more stress-free
computing experience.

Today's Macs are more intuitive and stable than PCs running Windows
Vista or XP, and they can even run Windows applications. Mac users also
worry less while surfing the web, since the Mac OS X operating system is
not susceptible to spyware or viruses.

Another benefit is Apple's technical support (for those who pay for the
optional AppleCare program), which feature unlimited in person or
telephone support from Mac experts who speak in layman's terms and are
knowledgeable about the products. Apple has virtually eliminated long
hold times for telephone support and welcomes users to receive in-person
support or repairs at any Apple Store.

Apple also now offers a free�service�that will transfer all of your
existing PC data to a new Mac when it's purchased at an Apple Store. For
an additional $99 a year, Apple will provide one on one training on any
Mac to get new users up to speed on the differences between the Windows
and the Mac OS X operating system.

Some Businesses Are Making the Mac Migration

Several factors have come together to send some entrepreneurs toward
Macs. First, Apple has launched the successful "I'm�a Mac" ad campaign.
Also, the Mac OS X Leopard operating system has made it possible and
more attractive for third party software developers to release Mac
versions of popular business applications.

Recent hardware upgrades now allow Macs to run Windows XP or Vista,
meaning that if a Mac version of a popular business application isn't
yet available, the user can run the Widows version without experiencing
slow processing speeds or other hassles.

While Macs and PCs still operate differently, Apple and its software
developers have overcome many data compatibility issues, meaning that
data from a Mac can now be exchanged with a PC. Plus, Macs can be
connected to�office�networks.

Business Applications That are Mac Friendly

Microsoft Office has long been a highly used application among business
PC users. Until its most recent release, however, the Mac version of
Microsoft Office had compatibility issues with the PC version, meaning
documents created on one platform could not easily be transferred to the
other.

With the release of Microsoft Office Mac: 2008 edition, compatibility
issues with data and files created on a PC vs. a Mac have been virtually
eliminated, making it possible for PC and Mac users to communicate and
operate better together in a work environment.

Other popular business applications that were once available exclusively
to Windows users, like�Quicken,�QuickBooks�and PersonalBrain Pro, are
also now Mac compatible. Plus, you'll find Mac versions of almost every
popular Adobe application (including Photoshop CS3, InDesign CS3 and
Illustrator CS3).

While Macs come with dozens of useful applications built in (including
the iLife '08 suite of programs), Apple's�website�offers a�download
section, which allows users to download shareware or 30-day free trial
versions of thousands of first- and third-party software applications,
including many popular business applications.

By trying software before purchasing it, users can determine which
applications are best suited to meet their unique computing needs. Any
Mac OS X software application will run on any current iMac or MacBook,
so there's no need to worry about matching up system specifications,
processor speeds, sound card or graphics card compatibility.

Transfer Files and Data with Ease

For Mac users doing their computing in a Windows dominated environment,
there are several third-party products, including iTornado ($79.95),
that make transferring data and files between a Mac and a Windows-based
PC easy.

iTornado incorporates a proprietary, 4-foot-long USB cable that connects
two computers (such as a Mac and PC, two PCs, or two Macs). The cable
has built-in file transfer software, allowing instant configuration and
data transfer of files that the user selects using a point-and-click
interface.

BlackBerry, Palm Treo, Windows Mobile or Apple iPhone users can also
sync data between popular Mac applications and their mobile devices
using first and third party software, such as�Mark/Space's Missing
Link�application ($39.95).

The only way to know if you're a Mac person is to try one. The sleek,
ergonomic design of these machines might catch your eye, but the
functionality of the latest Macs will definitely meet your business
computing needs.

Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.
0
t-bone2 (2779)

Chance Furlong wrote:
> From Entrepreneur.com:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5moenl
>
> Cuss and discuss.

Poorly written, full of inaccuracies, outdated information,
unsubstantiated statements.

By the way, what is "a growing number"? From 5 to 10?  10,000 to
100,000,000?  Could be both, couldn't it?

Steve
0
steve13 (4870)
10/28/2008 7:39:01 AM
In article <dPqdnXys9dQLXJvUnZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote:

> Chance Furlong wrote:
> > From Entrepreneur.com:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5moenl
> >
> > Cuss and discuss.
>
> Poorly written, full of inaccuracies, outdated information,
> unsubstantiated statements.

Assertions which you haven't substantiated...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
"Chance Furlong" <t-bone@megakatcity.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> that make transferring data and files between a Mac and a Windows-based
> PC easy.
>
> iTornado incorporates a proprietary, 4-foot-long USB cable that connects
> two computers (such as a Mac and PC, two PCs, or two Macs). The cable
> has built-in file transfer software, allowing instant configuration and
> data transfer of files that the user selects using a point-and-click
> interface.
>
> BlackBerry, Palm Treo, Windows Mobile or Apple iPhone users can also
> sync data between popular Mac applications and their mobile devices
> using first and third party software, such as Mark/Space's Missing
> Link application ($39.95).
>
> The only way to know if you're a Mac person is to try one. The sleek,
> ergonomic design of these machines might catch your eye, but the
> functionality of the latest Macs will definitely meet your business

It sounds like he enjoyed his dream. I wonder if he woke up yet?

On Oct 28, 3:39=A0am, Steve de Mena <st...@stevedemena.com> wrote:
> Chance Furlong wrote:
> > From Entrepreneur.com:
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/5moenl
>
> > Cuss and discuss.
>
> Poorly written, full of inaccuracies, outdated information,
> unsubstantiated statements.
>
> By the way, what is "a growing number"? From 5 to 10? =A010,000 to
> 100,000,000? =A0Could be both, couldn't it?
>
> Steve

shill+flond=3Dwho cares