Macs and Mac Users. A Rant.

http://tragicallyunhip.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/macs-and-mac-users-a-rant/

Macs and Mac Users. A Rant.
March 26, 2008 tragicallyunhip

Yanno. for years we've had to listen to Mac users go on and on and ON in the
superior tone about how great Macs are and about how they just never break.
Well, let me tell you, I have spent enough years in IT to know they do. A
LOT.

My last job was at a company whose graphics department was, as you might
expect, Mac-based. And I spent just as much time down there working on them
as I did ANY PC.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. What about the whole Mav VS PC
thing? What about those annoying "I'm a Mac" ads? I tell you, I want to get
that obnoxious Mac guy and bash his face in with a $*^&ing hammer! Why do
Mac feel the need to slag off PCs just to advertise their own product? Have
they got nothing to say about their own hardware and software that speaks
for itself? Does everything have to be based on this ridiculous childish
anti-PC thing? Yanno what Mac? NOBODY GIVES A SHIT! Get over yourselves.
Advertise your product based on its own (limited) merits. Christ, even
entering the network properties of a Mac OS to see the PCs you're connected
to in your network, the icon for the PCs is a crappy looking old beige
monitor with a BSOD error on it! I mean, GROW UP! Nobody wants to know. And
speaking of BSOD, I have one word Mac: LEOPARD! Code name Train Wreck!

Oh and that reminds me; Mac works with everything right out of the box, huh?
Use one version of OS and you can use them all? Vista is the only OS that
required users to upgrade their software to keep working? Well, go have a
look at the mess that is Adobe CS3 and Mac compatibility! Yanno, Adobe? The
one company you're absolutely totally SUPPOSED to run on a Mac if it's to be
any good?!?!?

Which brings me to the whole Vistas thing. Why do Mac user constantly feel
the need to slam Vista? I'll tell you why, shall I? It's because it's good
and they know it! It's got some cool features Leopard has just ripped right
off. (Check out that hideous transparent lump that goes across the top of
the screen. Is it a task bar? Whatever the hell it's called. Change your
background image and see what mess it makes of that white/see-through bar.
And that's just one silly cosmetic example.) And at least Vista's a new
product. Mac users: you're getting ripped off!! Yet another version of OSX?
Please! And each time they bring out the same thing with a new toy or two
added to it you get charged the price to a full new OS!?! You're taking that
one up the ass, boys and girls! Windows released something akin to that a
few years ago; it was a free service pack for XP!

And without question the very worst part: This constant need for Mac users
to convert PC users to Mac! What's up with that? If I wanted a Mac, I'd GET
one! It isn't a competition. Five minutes after the final piece of bubble
wrap is in the bin they are all like "oh, I'd never use anything else ever
again. You should get one, they'd be great for you!"

Oh, f*&$ off!

0
rotten (2093)