Sending URL to safari from xemacs

Hi,
  I'm trying to use VM in xemacs.  Making good progress.  Need to be
able to click on a URL and send it to Safari.

Have succeeded in that, actually, so long as Safari is my default
browser.  Basically, "open http://slashdot.org" will do what I want.

However, if I set Firebird as my default browser, that will cause the
page to open in Firebird.  Duh.  Anyway, according to "man open" I
should be able to "open -a /Applications/Safari.app http://slashdot.org"
and have  it open in Safari, even if Firebird is the default.

However, when I try it, I get Firebird.   'Sup?

I figured it's a bug, and fedback to Apple about it, but perhaps someone
has a better idea.

joe
0
Joe