Showing line numbers in TextEdit.app

How does one do it ?

I deal with a lot of different kinds of data, and before unleashing
matlab on it, it is helpful to take a look at the contents and which
line numbers the data is at.

I can use vi alright with se nu, but was curious about an alternative way.

Geico Caveman wrote:
> How does one do it ?

AFAIK, it can't be done.

Press Command-L to jump to a known line number.

--
Mac GUI Vault - A source for retro Apple II and Macintosh
computing.
Caveman <spammers-go-here@spam.invalid> wrote:

> How does one do it ?
>
> I deal with a lot of different kinds of data, and before unleashing
> matlab on it, it is helpful to take a look at the contents and which
> line numbers the data is at.
>
> I can use vi alright with se nu, but was curious about an alternative way.

textwrangler

<http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/>
0
nospam
8/9/2010 7:03:48 PM
On 2010-08-09 13:57:19 -0500, dog_cow@macgui.com (D Finnigan) said:

> Geico Caveman wrote:
>> How does one do it ?
>>

> AFAIK, it can't be done.
>
> Press Command-L to jump to a known line number.

Ok. Thanks.

0
Geico

Mac
Hi, I have written a service to launch our wxWidgets Application when the user selects the menu item in the Services menu. The wxWidgets Application is configured to accept command line parameters when starting from the terminal window. I am launching the wxWidgets Application using Mac Launch Services call LSOpenFromURLSpec. I created an apple event descriptor (AEDesc) and added the parameters to pass into the AEDesc for the launch spec. This is not working, the application will launch but the parameters are ignored. Do I need to add an impementation in the wxMyApp::MacOpenFile to...

Hovsepian: Apps! Apps! Apps!
Novell CEO: Apps Are Job No. 1 for Linux http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=021001VE8HV3 <<< In order for Linux to grow into the computing mainstream, the open- source OS needs more applications and a standardized approach to software certification, Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian said in his keynote Wednesday at the LinuxWorld conference and trade show in San Francisco. "The No. 1 thing that we need on Linux is applications," he said. "Whether we like it or not, the application is what drives the final customer decision," he added. >>> John Bail...

Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store
Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it to even see how it works. The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes plug-in. However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up, s...

mac app store apps dl limits
Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would re-installing software require a deauth before hand? In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and > fi...

Best app. to run PC apps through Mac?
Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so can't take advantage of Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac. Any suggestions? "eMac" <dcallaha@infionline.net> wrote in message news:1ggyxoc.9se1o61ha5ki0N%dcallaha@infionline.net... > Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the > PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to > file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so ...

showing memory used by a Java app in the app itself
Hi,some Java applications display the memory used by theapplication itself.This is the case, for example, in the IntelliJ IDEA IDE(best Java app ever written in my opinion if I had tochoose one but that's another topic).And surely enough if you change the heap settings by(-Xmx et al. JVM parameters) this correctly reflect inIntelliJ (e.g. it shows "100 M out of 256 M" used).Note that I know how to use a profiler (I'm usingJProfiler) as well as how to obtain information aboutthe memory used from the OS point and view but thisis not the topic of my post: my question is not abo...

Crypto-Apps: Ciphers App-1 and App-2.
These ciphers are available now for free downloading from, http://www.adacryptpages.com (navigate to the bottom title boxes). Crypto-App Ciphers - Apps_1 & 2. - Personalised Cryptography for Tablets, L= aptops, Desktop, Main Frame Computers in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8. Download App_1=20 Download App_2=20 No need to study the cryptography, the mathematics, the programming, the co= mputer science (unless you really want to and then you just peruse the othe= r title boxes on the same site) - instead, just teach yourself to run these= 'apps' as you would any other app...

com.sys.mac.apps
www.freeservice6.blogspot.com ...

An app to find apps
Enjoying an IPad 3 and wondered if there is an app to search for and find apps. With 600,000 apps it might make sense. In article <johg9a$dal$1@dont-email.me>, Charles <charlesschuler@comcast.net> wrote: > Enjoying an IPad 3 and wondered if there is an app to search for and find > apps. With 600,000 apps it might make sense. the app store app, along with a number of other apps that list apps of the day or other things. or just launch safari (or another browser) and search via google. On Thu, 10 May 2012 18:42:50 -0400, Charles wrote: > Enjoying ...

App Stores' filter to show free apps only?
Hello. Is there a way to have App Stores (Mac OS X and iOS) to only show free apps? Its filter options doesn't have that option. :( Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to the assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his men are slain, while the town still remains untaken. Such are the disastrous effects of a siege." --Chapter 3 in Sun Tzu's The Ancient Art of War (Translated by Lionel Giles) Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to ...

App Store.app
I just updated to 10.6.6, and was playing with the App Store.app. I wanted to DL a couple of the free apps, but discovered that to DL _anything_, you need to register a credit card. Since I dislike leaving any credit card info in any vendor's database, I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this part of the registration process, entering your credit card info ONLY when needed to make a specific purchase. -- iMac (27", 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) � OS X (10.6.6) On 28/01/11 17:29, Nick Naym wrote: > I just updated to 10.6.6, and was playing with ...

Mac App Store giving away pay apps for free
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/07/app_store_receipt_fail/ <quotes> Security oversights mean that many of the applications in Apple's newly launched Mac App Store can easily be obtained without payment. A significant number of developers have disregarded Apple's advice on validating App Store receipts before making their software available through the store. As a result, many applications can be pirated. Applications bought through the store can be modified to run by any Apple user (not just restricted to a specific Apple ID, prompting users to log into a...

Command-line arguments in Mac App
I'm porting a Unix program to Mac OS X. I've made a bundle for the app, and I'd like to be able to have the executable run with some command line arguments. I was hoping there was a way to specify the arguments in the Info.plist or something like that. But I couldn't find any such mechanism. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. dave chen In article <DpM0c.124$Pp2.352@mencken.net.nih.gov>, Dave Chen <dchen@mail.nih.gov> wrote: > I'm porting a Unix program to Mac OS X. I've made a bundle for the app, > and I'd ...

Show HN: Simple app-to-app messaging with a hosted server and common interface
<url:http://dropfrog.io> ...

Web resources about - Showing line numbers in TextEdit.app - comp.sys.mac.apps

TextEdit - 9to5Mac
When Apple introduced both iOS and iCloud, its goal was to eliminate the classic file system found in Mac OS X and make synchronization so seamless ...

Leaked iOS 8 Screenshots Show New Icons For Healthbook, TextEdit, Preview
... leaked on Chinese microblogging service Weibo. Most importantly, were getting our first look at new icons for four new apps Healthbook, TextEdit, ...

Mac Basics: TextEdit - Apple Support
TextEdit is a highly versatile word processor included with OS X. Learn about the editing tools and different file formats it supports.

Questionable screenshots from China claim to show TextEdit, Preview, Healthbook apps in iOS 8
... microblogging site Weibo lit up Thursday after images purporting to show Apple's next-generation iOS 8 with new mobile versions of OS X's TextEdit ...

Auto-pairing MarsEdit and TextEdit using TextExpander
Brett Terpstra: It’s designed to add auto-pairing for bracket and quote characters to MarsEdit, and it’s based on a bit of information that ...

Prevent automatic list creation in TextEdit
TextEdit's auto-formatting of lists can be a burden. Here is how to turn it off.

“Think Different” Essay Hidden on TextEdit Icon
Leopard isn't even here yet, but the first big Easter Egg has already turned up. All icons for the new version of Mac OS X are resolution independent ...

Textedit Articles on Engadget
Textedit articles, stories, news and information.

iOS 8 Screenshots Reveal Healthbook, Preview, TextEdit and Tips Apps
Alleged screenshots of iOS 8 have appeared, and they reveal the addition of a few more apps, including Healthbook, Preview, TextEdit and Tips. ...

News: Healthbook, Preview, and TextEdit iOS 8 icons leaked
A few alleged iOS 8 screenshots including icons for Healthbook, Preview, and TextEdit have been posted on a Weibo account. The shots are legitimate, ...