Airport computer to computer problems

I have a new laptop, and am trying once again to get the computer to
computer network going. This has been a vary painfull process in the
past two times in the past. I accidently turned off airport and can
not get it set up once again. Somehow when you turn airport off it
resets all the parameters.

When I go to create a network I get the error "There was an error
creating your computer to computer network". Thats it, no error
number, nothing. Did Bill Gates design this?

Roger
0
jollyrgr (1)
4/30/2004 3:44:52 PM
comp.sys.mac.comm 3057 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

<< When I go to create a network I get the error "There was an error
creating your computer to computer network" >>

Roger-

You didn't mention an Airport Base Station, so I assume you are trying to
connect directly between two computers, each having an Airport card.

In the new laptop, be sure that TCP/IP is set to use the Airport card rather
than Ethernet or Printer ports, and that Airport is turned on in the Airport
Control Panel.  If you are using AppleShare or AppleTalk printing, be sure
AppleTalk is set to use the Airport card as well.

Fred

0
fmmck (557)