Mac Photoshop JPEGs to commercial print machines

Problem: how to produce JPEG files on CDs that commercial photo print machines
will recognize.

Configuration:  Mac OS 9.2.2, PhotoDeluxe (Adobe Printshop very lite) exported
to JPEG on desk top. Toast software to ISO 9660 burned CDs.

Question: How to get digital camera JPEGs into a format that the commercial
photo printers will accept. Toast burns PC disks, but Photoshop created JPEG
format not recognized by print machines.

Any help appreciated     John
0
jmskeptic (1)
8/18/2003 4:28:05 AM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 03.8.18 5:28 AM, JM skeptic wrote:

> Problem: how to produce JPEG files on CDs that commercial photo print machines
> will recognize.
>
> Configuration:  Mac OS 9.2.2, PhotoDeluxe (Adobe Printshop very lite) exported
> to JPEG on desk top. Toast software to ISO 9660 burned CDs.
>
> Question: How to get digital camera JPEGs into a format that the commercial
> photo printers will accept. Toast burns PC disks, but Photoshop created JPEG
> format not recognized by print machines.
>
> Any help appreciated     John

I don't have the latest version of Photoshop, but I have noticed that it
saves all kinds of unnecessary information inside JPEG files (often making
the files unreadable on some systems).

Check your JPEG export options, and make sure that the files are saved with
as few "extras" as possible. In particular, make sure that the files are
saved without resource forks. You should also use short filenames ending in
".JPG" to keep Windows happy.

IF all else fails, GraphicConverter does a great job of creating lean JPEG
files. It also has an option for saving files with JPEG 6.0 compression as
well as QuickTime JPEG compression. You may find that the former is more
widely supported.

Phil

--
Philip Ronan