Compiling unixODBC as universal binary?

Hi,

I like to build unixODBC as a universal binary and then ship it within
my application bundle.

First, how do I build a universal version of unixODBC (cross compiling
to OSX 10.3 upwards and OSX 10.4u SDK)?
(I am completely new to lipo)

Second, is it possible to ship a unixODBC version within my
application bundle (using install_name_tool)?

Thanks for any hints!

Lothar
0
Lothar
6/17/2012 10:45:03 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Jun 17, 6:45=A0am, Lothar Behrens <lothar.behr...@lollisoft.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to build unixODBC as a universal binary and then ship it within
> my application bundle.
>
> First, how do I build a universal version of unixODBC (cross compiling
> to OSX 10.3 upwards and OSX 10.4u SDK)?
> (I am completely new to lipo)

Same boat here. I'm trying to figure out how to compile the MySQL and
Firebird ODBC drivers into single libs so the user doesn't have to use
different DSN's depending on what client they're using (which is
REALLY annoying).

BTW, there's a major update of ODBCKit coming out shortly, you might
want to check it out when it does.
0
Maury