customize system preferences for printing

Hello all,

I am writing a printer driver and I am looking for a way to customize the s=
ystem preferences for printing.

When I select a printer in the printer list I can click on "Options & Suppl=
ies". Then I select "General" and for certain printers (Samsung f.e.) I hav=
e an additional button "Open Printer's webpage". I wonder how they do that =
since I don't find any hint in the Samsung ppd files. Is there something I =
have overlooked?

When I select "Utility" instead I have three buttons: "Open Printer Utility=
", "Print Test Page" and "Clean Print Heads". When I alter=20

*cupsCommands: "ChangeInk Clean PrintSelfTestPage ReportLevels" in my ppd

by removing Clean or PrintSelfTestPage or by removing=20

*APPrinterUtilityPath: "/Library/Printers/Acme/PrinterUtility.app"

I can remove some of the buttons. But I would like to be able to add an add=
itional button or a text field instead.

Or can a add my own tab to the tab view apart from "General", Supply Levels=
" and "Utility"?

I know I can create a PDE but the PDE only alters the printing dialog, not =
the preference pane.

Can someone point me to a concept how to accomplish my task?

Thank you very much for your help,

kind regards,

Robert
0
Robert
8/20/2013 12:19:42 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Hello all!

BTW: I am using
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/samplecode/SampleRaster/Introduction/Intro.html
as starting point. Any thoughts on that?

kind regards,

Robert
0
Robert