Garbage Collection in XCode 4.4

Just downloaded XCode 4.4 . Tried to write a small prog. to get used
with the new syntax for initialazing of NSNumber, NSArray etc. objects.
To my great surprise , I can't find  Objective C Garbage Collection
settings in <Build Settings>
If I type "gar" in the filter, I only get "Automatic Reference Counting"
What' going on? . The choice for garbage collection seems to have
disappeared.  Is there some supplementary tool to download ?
0
Francois
7/28/2012 9:32:35 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <a7hpujFn5U1@mid.individual.net>, Francois
<xanrov@numericable.fr> wrote:

> Just downloaded XCode 4.4 . Tried to write a small prog. to get used
> with the new syntax for initialazing of NSNumber, NSArray etc. objects.
> To my great surprise , I can't find  Objective C Garbage Collection
> settings in <Build Settings>
> If I type "gar" in the filter, I only get "Automatic Reference Counting"
> What' going on? . The choice for garbage collection seems to have
> disappeared.  Is there some supplementary tool to download ?

it's gone. use automatic reference counting instead.
0
nospam