trigger my code when a url is dropped onto the finder (.webloc)

Hey, I've put together some code to deal with webloc files the way I
want them to be dealt with (turn them into .url files so unix
utilities don't destroy the resource fork, run them through Faviconic,
etc).  It's nice, but I have to manually run webloc files through the
program.

Is there any way I can register some bit of code to get called when
the user drags-and-drops a URL into the finder (thereby creating a
..webloc file)?

Thanks,

  - a

--
I wrote my own mail server and it still has a few bugs.
If you send me a message and it bounces, please forward the

0
Adam
11/22/2004 8:03:21 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <x1brdq9upi.fsf@nowhere.com>, Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com>
wrote:

> Hey, I've put together some code to deal with webloc files the way I
> want them to be dealt with (turn them into .url files so unix
> utilities don't destroy the resource fork, run them through Faviconic,
> etc).  It's nice, but I have to manually run webloc files through the
> program.
>
> Is there any way I can register some bit of code to get called when
> the user drags-and-drops a URL into the finder (thereby creating a
> .webloc file)?

If you have one or a couple of specific directories to which you drag
them, you could use Folder Actions. Right-click or Ctrl-click on the
desktop and you should see a couple of relevant menu items.

--
Change account to gw when responding by mail.
0