[Q] Saving "IMAGE File" of Partition(or Disk) of Mac SCSI Harddisk from PowerMac ?

Subject:[Q] Saving "IMAGE File" of Partition(or Disk) of Mac SCSI Harddisk
from PowerMac ?

Help me, PLEASE!

I have a Hard Disk installed Mac OS from PowerMac 6100.
(Quantum FireBall TM series, 2.1 or 2.0 GB, Ultra SCSI-3)
(It is HDD that can boot completely).

So, I want to make the partition(or whole disk) of
this Mac Hard Disk to image file with Software Tools
on Microsoft Windows Operation System. [Connecting to
Adaptec AHA-2940U(Ultra) on Pentium PC]
(Example: Norton Ghost, TrueImage etc...???)

I want to save the image to another Hard Disk(C-drive) on Microsoft
Windows(Set to C-drive).
(Setting the MAC SCSI HDD as D-drive,
and Microsoft Windows as C-drive...)

(* NOW, I want to use this Mac HDD as Another Various Operating System.
and Later, I want to RESTORE this HDD to Mac_OS_Boot_Disk for PowerMac 6100
AGAIN!!!)

What kind of Software Tools can read HDD Partition or Whole Disk of
Mac OS SCSI Harddisk for PowerMac 6100 ?????

Please ADVISE ME about Software Tool that can save(or translate to)
disk image!

Help me !!!

Thanks
Susan W. Mitchell (October, 2003)
0
Susan

>Please ADVISE ME about Software Tool that can save(or translate to)
>disk image!

I know of no PC imaging software which will image an HFS-formatted disk.

Programs like TransMac will let you *read* a Mac disk on your PC, but the Mac
filesystem uses a structure which the PC can not easily accomodate.

Just to compound the problem, many imaging programs for the Mac create a disk
image file which has a resource fork. If you place the image file on a PC disk,
you destroy it beyond recovery.

I would suggest you forget using the PC. Get a cheap hard drive and use Mac
software to clone or image the disk on the Mac.

--
Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

0
tacitr (1750)
10/13/2003 5:07:57 PM
In article <Xns94127618BFDBANOTsendSPAMplease@218.145.61.76>,
"Susan W. Mitchell" <NOT-send-SPAM.please@I.Hate.Spam.com> wrote:

>What kind of Software Tools can read HDD Partition or Whole Disk of
>Mac OS SCSI Harddisk for PowerMac 6100 ?????

Disk Copy.  It came with your operating system and, if you didn't
delete it, it's still on your boot disk.

0
slavins (280)